EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

Seeing as they've had heavy rain and storms in London (and SE) and bad weather usually discourages Labour voters from turning out (mostly Remain?), I'd say God wants us to vote for Brexit :sun:

Glorious day in scorchio scotia where all parties are urging remain and polls consistently point to a large remain vote.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Can someone clarify if there is a threshold for victory ? I.e a minimum number of majority to avoid recounts due to tolerance or could it really be one vote decider?

Edited by Scribbler

With polling stations like this (The Bush, Tallentire, Cumbria) a high turnout can be expected :D

2803_zpszamg8ddg.jpg

The unwritten rule about not mentioning religion or politics at the bar is out of the window there then :D

Can someone clarify if there is a threshold for victory ? I.e a minimum number of majority to avoid recounts due to tolerance or could it really be one vote decider?

one vote would do it 

post-817-0-31634000-1466692573_thumb.jpg

Edited by domhnall

Glorious day in scorchio scotia where all parties are urging remain and polls consistently point to a large remain vote.

Trouble is Scotland accounts for less than 10% of UK voters so a remain vote of 60% might not make much difference in the overall result.

Straw poll in the office shows 100% remain. But we are the legal dept so deal with the 'good' side of the EU in terms of privacy laws, working rights and transparency within government.

I genuinely know very few people who are openly voting for Brexit.

• Like 2

Straw poll in the office shows 100% remain. But we are the legal dept so deal with the 'good' side of the EU in terms of privacy laws, working rights and transparency within government.

Same here, but our business depends on providing advice across the EU. This week I've been in Ireland and have advised on the telecoms regulatory requirements in Greece, Slovakia, Ireland and Germany as well as the UK. There were no border controls flying back from Ireland either.

We're in rural Herefordshire and every sign is Leave, apart from the odd "SOS save our strawberries, vote remain" sign.

Everyone we speak to seems to back leave, we don't get it 

We are dreading the result and hope it balances out across the UK.

Waiting nervously for the result, it's either going to be a good day-or dreadful, if it does go "out".

We live in hope....

It's highly regional this vote. Here in the North West, I don't know anyone locally voting remain.

A straw poll by one of my wife's customers (in agriculture) had 65 voting out, 0 voting remain.

We're in rural Herefordshire and every sign is Leave, apart from the odd "SOS save our strawberries, vote remain" sign.

Everyone we speak to seems to back leave, we don't get it 

We are dreading the result and hope it balances out across the UK.

Waiting nervously for the result, it's either going to be a good day-or dreadful, if it does go "out".

We live in hope....

jings, there has been little or no campaign here. Not a single poster, sign or car sticker that I have seen. It seems to be predominantly something that's happened down South. It's all very unlike 2014 when both sides to a greater or lesser degree were out campaigning all over the place and there were almost nightly meetings to put the arguments over, in this referendum it has been something that is on the news and not here in the real world. 

I'm very nervous of the result as we were told yesterday about a big new chunk of work from Ireland but the decision is on hold until tomorrow. If there's a Brexit vote they will have to give it to someone else. 

Edited by domhnall
  • Like 1

It's highly regional this vote. Here in the North West, I don't know anyone locally voting remain.

A straw poll by one of my wife's customers (in agriculture) had 65 voting out, 0 voting remain.

Says a lot about who you know.

Put your money on it I suggest.

You can now get 5 to 1 on Leave but 2/11 on Remain.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

Tonight and tomorrow is going to be a big deal of sanity over h8. 

Straw poll in the office shows 100% remain.

Straw poll in my office is the same, but as I work for myself it's not a good indicator for the rest of the country.
  • Like 2

Yup really could be down to one vote.

Although leave have already said their views if less than 5% margin.

If anyone wants some amusement today, look up #usepens on Twitter.

Who comes up with this nonsense :)

Says a lot about who you know.

Put your money on it I suggest.

You can now get 5 to 1 on Leave but 2/11 on Remain.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

Tonight and tomorrow is going to be a big deal of sanity over h8. 

You don't know enough about who I know to make any sort of reasoned statement, but as a clue they cover roughly 99.5% of all income levels and are spread across all political persuasions.

Remain is only London, SE and Scotland, rest of UK wants out (thankfully the weather will keep plenty of London's Remainer's out of the voting booths).

Hopefully Labour supporters who were assumed to be for Remain but actually want out will make the effort to vote.

Bookies, like the pollsters, got the 2015 general election wrong. It the odds were more realistic, I'd put money on Remain (it's an old betting stance - bet on what you don't want to happen so if it does at least you can enjoy your winnings).

Fingers crossed that sanity will prevail and tomorrow can be our 'Independence Day' so we can look forward to a brighter future and the impending implosion of the EU  :dance:  :beer:  :cocktail:  :clap:  :happy:  :party:

• Like 1

Anyone want to bet we don't leave?

Go on to oddschecker/betfair and tell us how much u bet/lost/won!

Edited by lol-lol

Anyone want to bet we don't leave?

Remain is only London, SE and Scotland, rest of UK wants out (thankfully the weather will keep plenty of London's Remainer's out of the voting booths).

Hopefully you marked your ballot on pen and will be following the ballot box Van to the counting centre

Cameron & remain have said they'll honour any result. Leave seem ready for a legal challenge unless more than 5% difference

Leave seem ready for a legal challenge unless more than 5% difference

Is Boris and Co aware that the result of the referendum is not legally binding?