EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

When some of best analysis regarding this whole EU shebang comes from a satire page... :)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/newsthump/the-eu-referendum-how-is-newsthump-going-to-vote/1115572031828566

+1

Won't try to convince you Britons ro vote this way or that - just take your time to deliberate carefully, and Godspeed!

And now it's time for Swexit (from the Euro 2016, that is).

• Like 1

+1

Won't try to convince you Britons ro vote this way or that - just take your time to deliberate carefully, and Godspeed!

And now it's time for Swexit (from the Euro 2016, that is).

as long as you chaps keep sending the flat pack stuff, all will be well ;)

• Like 1

currently laughing at a post on FB I've seen.

Goes along the lines of 'use a pen to make your vote as pencil votes to remain will be erased by Camerons mob'.

Tin foil hat time :bandit:

• Like 1

Well. The deed has been done. My vote to Remain a member of the European Union has been cast. First one through the door at 7:01.

Now we wait.

Just cast mine,the Polling Station was doing good business as well.

I cast via postal vote.

What are our thoughts on turnout today? Will it be high (higher then general election) ?

Judging by My experience much better than usual,in less than 2 minutes myself and 4 others had voted and also saw 2 of my neighbours on their way to the Polling Station.

So Farage has chickened out of tonight's channel 4 debate/show.

Seems no one in UKIP willing to attend either.

Hmmmmmm

EDIT

List of participants - http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/europe-the-final-debate-with-jeremy-paxman?hootPostID=f2178c69d6237bb85b3d0fd5fb6860c5

At least Farage DID participate in live debates. Cameron would only participate where he knew in advance what the questions would be, in front of a carefully selected, invited audience, & only then if he couldn't be cross questioned by members of the BREXIT team.

Just cast my vote to remain.

You can have a right giggle at all the vote leave stuff that gets shared around on FB etc. It's all proper tin hat conspiracy, Britain first, UKIP, ignorant and frankly bordering on racist! All IMO of course.

I just think we're stronger in the EU than out.

I cast via postal vote.

What are our thoughts on turnout today? Will it be high (higher then general election) ?

I know someone who always works at the polling station for all elections. She said it's been the busiest she's ever known it before.

• Like 4

Plenty tin foil hat stuff from both sides with a lack of any real information. Not much will change for the next 20 years more of the same, rich will continue to get richer.

Regardless of the result we are still left with almost a 50% split with no conclusive winner.

^ That remains to be seen.

Very true along with the unending stream of fear tactics continuously being fed to the public.

I over heard a couple of gentlemen talking about it the other day and he summed it up rather well when he said" my heart tells me to leave and my head tells me to stay".

• Like 1

Please take some time to read this before you vote tomorrow. No bias, just answers.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/22/eu-referendum-five-questions-to-answer-before-you-vote

No bias, from the ****ing guardian? What planet are you on! Every single news outlet in the country has a bias one way or the other.

As does every person. To be fair news outlets have hardly just started to partake in biasisms.

Your alternative is war, poverty and terrorism again we have seen plenty of that from a distance during the last decade or two.

That article is a decent summary of why many will vote leave.

I cast via postal vote.

Seeing as they've had heavy rain and storms in London (and SE) and bad weather usually discourages Labour voters from turning out (mostly Remain?), I'd say God wants us to vote for Brexit  :sun:

I cast via postal vote.

I voted at 7:01 and there were four or five behind me.