EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

I'm not sure there would be much of a reason to buy an Astra if it wasn't produced here, so Vauxhall/Opel would effectively be pulling out of the UK market. I can't see that - it's just more Remain sabre rattling BS.

It's from Opel themselves! How is that sabre rattling by stronger in? Opel have been trying to close Ellesmere for years.

Ford have been the same with their UK locations. Most just about hanging on these days. Most of their production is already on the continent.

Lord Bamford Pro exit, BMW who own JCB have a differing view on this.

That's just automotive. Look at how many food manufacturers have already moved abroad.

Someone gave me a link to a talk by an academic at Liverpool.  He is pro EU but gives quite a balanced view I think (hyperbole from the remain side and dishonesty from the leave, which is where I had arrived really).

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06/16/watch-dishonesty-industrial-scale-eu-law-expert-analyses-referendum-debate/

And some follow up points, which he couldn't fit in to the time for the talk.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06/20/eu-law-expert-responds-industrial-dishonesty-video-goes-viral/

• Like 3

I will be glad when all this c**p is all over

fed up with both sides and their propaganda

it's only propaganda when politicians are not spouting it. When politicians speak out, that's when it's lies. perhaps when the date is passed, both sides will decide to place a statue of the most prominent figure in their campaign. but where will they places it. not next to one old Welsh Politician ,who was reputed never to tell the truth, nor next to a famous American, who never told a lie, since the members of both factions can't tell the difference.

it's only propaganda when politicians are not spouting it. When politicians speak out, that's when it's lies. perhaps when the date is passed, both sides will decide to place a statue of the most prominent figure in their campaign. but where will they places it. not next to one old Welsh Politician ,who was reputed never to tell the truth, nor next to a famous American, who never told a lie, since the members of both factions can't tell the difference.

Both sides have used public figures (not politicians to bring accross their views)

It's the same when you scrape away the Remain BS; their sole argument is that leaving will result in recession, WW3 and the breakdown of civilisation as we know it. No positive reasons for staying at all (because there aren't any of course).

Also, you don't have to be xenophobic, bigoted and racist to have concerns about immigration. Many people are concerned at the effect on public services and their local communities. Remain want to paint anyone who questions un-controlled immigration as xenophobic, bigoted and racist, but to do so demonstrates a staggeringly blinkered and naive view and will hopefully be the reason Remain lose on Thursday and Cameron and Osborne are toast on Friday,

The problem is leaving the eu will not have the any effect on immigration. Uncle boris as already said he would take a humanitarian approach to illeagal immigrants lol Edited by expostmanpat
  • Like 2

Oh, that the outcome will be a triumph of hope over experience as Dr. Johnson (Samuel, not Boris!) once said. IMHO Brexit will be disastrous for both the UK and Europe Unfortunately the quality of arguments on both sides are of equally dubious quality. Luckily there are a few really good Bremain arguments out there as well :)

Lord Bamford Pro exit, BMW who own JCB have a differing view on this.

You sure about that?

• Like 1

Oh, that the outcome will be a triumph of hope over experience as Dr. Johnson (Samuel, not Boris!) once said. IMHO Brexit will be disastrous for both the UK and Europe Unfortunately the quality of arguments on both sides are of equally dubious quality. Luckily there are a few really good Bremain arguments out there as well :)

is he from Rock Ridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaQxUEfxt0

• Like 1

Funny according to Lord Bamford, JCB is still a family owned business. I know he is getting on in years, but you would think he would remember selling it to BMW.

Apart that one article written by Agnes Chambre I can find no reference to the change in ownership.

• Like 1

As an international logistics company (mainland European of course as most are) we will be expecting a massive increase in our turnover if the vote is for BREXIT. Will make billions from British businesses.

Steve Hilton, often said to have been David Cameron's Guru on matters spinning is an odd one.

His own parents having been Hungarian Immigrants and welcomed into the UK, and he being one to take himself off out of the UK 

to prosper and have a dress down day everyday.

Leave seems to be busy with many that want the UK to limit access by others from other countries but who accept where their kith and kin came from.

I was watching 5 News earlier and a 'vox-pop' (that's short for 'vox populous' or 'voice of the people' for all you Brexiters out there) ;) asked a chap why he was voting Leave.

His answer? 'I'm old fashioned and I like the old fashioned England'.

FML. Really?

fe163372bbbc2f702275f5d84f1aa6_zpseocdjy

I was watching 5 News earlier and a 'vox-pop' (that's short for 'vox populous' or 'voice of the people' for all you Brexiters out there) ;) asked a chap why he was voting Leave.

His answer? 'I'm old fashioned and I like the old fashioned England'.

FML. Really?

fe163372bbbc2f702275f5d84f1aa6_zpseocdjy

Sadly things are going downhill. The Remain camp have rolled out Victoria and David Beckham today.

It's like a comedy show.

Funny according to Lord Bamford, JCB is still a family owned business. I know he is getting on in years, but you would think he would remember selling it to BMW.

Apart that one article written by Agnes Chambre I can find no reference to the change in ownership.

I have seen in a few other places too.

Could be wrong, but it was a sky news article iirc I saw it mentioned.

Will Friday be a Black Friday for the banks, and have those and such as those been bet spreading and which ever way the vote goes they are on a winner?

Besides UKIP imploding what ever the result, if we do vote out it'll take a few weeks at least before the applecart tips one way or the other.

Only markets will be immediate.

I know 2 major firms sitting on a pre prepared "sorry we want to say in the EU, so bye bye UK workers" in event of a leave. It's already costed to ship abroad within 2 years.

We hear these Jackanorys all the time.

If Conservatives get in, if Labour gets in, if Scotland gets Independence.

Funny thing is others will be arriving if the UK leaves or not.

You might as well name the Major Companies that told you that they will leave, 

obviously not that market sensitive unless you are a real insider.

Not going to have them investigated if you cause a crash in their share prices....