EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

£350m/week saved. Yippee

£350bn has so far been wiped off our economy in last 2 hours - and the markets haven't even opened yet.

And Farage is on GMB proudly telling everyone the extra money for the NHS was complete nonsense.

Just wait until the same is discovered on Turkey, EU Army etc etc. It was all nonsense and the public have been well and truly hoodwinked

• Like 2

And Niggle was also saying it was the decent people who voted to leave.

Way to make friends.....

Now, lets see how the economy is doing in three or four years, and how many new hospitals a week we're getting :(

Yesterday I could pay my German suppliers with £1 = 1.30 euros. This morning £1 = 1.22 euros. If the exchange rate continues at this rate I and many other small companies will lose a lot of business.

The currency fall will help exports priced in foreign currency though. (I'm trying to be positive here)

Listening to the radio this morning though you might think it was the end of the world.

£350m/week saved. Yippee

£350bn has so far been wiped off our economy in last 2 hours - and the markets haven't even opened yet.

And Farage is on GMB proudly telling everyone the extra money for the NHS was complete nonsense.

Just wait until the same is discovered on Turkey, EU Army etc etc. It was all nonsense and the public have been well and truly hoodwinked

I don't believe that the leave campaign won this. I think the remain campaign lost it - with the awful negative campaigning telling us how bad it would be if we left. I barely heard anything about the good things in europe. Edited by io1901
  • Like 2

I am thoroughly surprised at the result i really didn't think we had it in us. Oh well onwards and upwards it's time for politicians to start earning there money now those that don't want to, well off you go back to Brussels.

• Like 1

So, when does the hard border go back up on the way to the north?

@FUBAR - you wont be able to nip over for cheaper fuel now, will need your passport stamped, and a ccustoms declaration form saying your importing fuel into uk...

I foresee an awful mess on the horizon...

• Like 2

This was lost on one single issue...immigration.

Which was terribly misrepresented anyway.

And now, the useful, educated people who would come to England and contribute will see what a stupid idea that is and go elsewhere. The useless will still want to come here.

• Like 2

Which was terribly misrepresented anyway.

And now, the useful, educated people who would come to England and contribute will see what a stupid idea that is and go elsewhere. The useless will still want to come here.

I didn't say it was a good or bad thing just a fact.

I agree some immigration is a good thing but mass uncontrolled is not.

It's a very big issue in places like Boston.

I imagine we'll see another brain drain.

Financially, I know that HSBC has an exit strategy in place as SWMBO was talking to a high up member of their international finances division on Tuesday. How many more?

struggling to hold in the urge to type "i told you so" oh sh11t restraint mechanism failed.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Brussels as the penny drops!!!

• Like 1

Theres a couple of our company board of directors are UK based. Whats going to be the case for them now... other than the awkwardness of getting in and out for meetings.

Also, given the level of EU fundimg being thrown at NI farming thats about to stop, is Downing St going to now step in to fill that (massive) void in family incomes.

What about all those who attend university in the UK/Scotland from other countries. Fees are now going to cripple alot of them, and put them off travelling.. alot of irish who go over stay and get jobs there after uni, i had a job lined up at home when i was there, but if i didnt i wouldve been staying put in Abdn after my degree.