Columbus Sales & Repair.

Rustynuts

• 1 month later...

I have a limited stock of DAB bundles available. These consist of a DAB Columbus, an OEM DAB/GPS/FM/Phone sharkfin antenna, and two 6mtr Fakra extension cables. Essentially, everything you need for a DAB installation. Replace your rear mounted standard antenna, pull the cables through, fit the head unit, a bit of coding, and that's pretty much it. Antenna kits are new, Columbus will be second hand but good condition.

The price for the kit will be £475 for standard members, and £445 for Freedom members. Delivery now free, or collection.

bundle-1.jpg

Currently no DAB antenna kits available.

Edited by Rustynuts

Dear aunty Nuts,

I have a Columbus in my Scout, all is good in the hood, except when I crank up the volume (you can't listen to Pink Floyd on less than 50%!) but nowhere near 100%, it sounds like amp is distorting the sound and clipping. I didn't have this problem when I had an RNS510 (I swapped the 510 for the Columbus). Is there anything in the coding I should be looking for, or am I going to need a repair? There's no external amp in the car. It's not a massive problem personally, as I now drive an E36, but my dad complains every now and again.

Thank you in advance. :) :)

There are settings you can adjust with VCDS for "Equaliser", which adapts the output for different vehicles and their speaker setups. Check this page for a bit more info. If you still have the RNS510 (or a scan log from when it was fitted) then you could replicate the coding of that, apply it to the Columbus, and see if it improves the sound quality?

• Like 1

There are settings you can adjust with VCDS for "Equaliser", which adapts the output for different vehicles and their speaker setups. Check this page for a bit more info. If you still have the RNS510 (or a scan log from when it was fitted) then you could replicate the coding of that, apply it to the Columbus, and see if it improves the sound quality?

Cheers, I'll have a look at that one. :)

Sadly (?) the 510 was traded for the Columbus. There was a VW owner who had a Columbus, and I had a 510, so we swapped. ;)

Well, if you have a VCDS scan from when the RNS510 was installed, the long coding will be in that log.

Have rebuilt the laptop twice since then, so sadly not :( :(

Will crack out VCDS tomorrow and have a poke around ;)

I`m tempted by one of your DAB kits, if you have any left.

Just one question, would you be interested in a "part ex" for my Columbus, working perfectly,  with V13 maps and firmware 4238 (I think). I know I can get the hidden menu anyway.

There might be one problem and that is the code wasn`t passed to me when I bought the car.

• Like 1

I have a limited stock of DAB bundles available. These consist of a DAB Columbus, an OEM DAB/GPS/FM/Phone sharkfin antenna, and two 6mtr Fakra extension cables. Essentially, everything you need for a DAB installation. Replace your rear mounted standard antenna, pull the cables through, fit the head unit, a bit of coding, and that's pretty much it. Antenna kits are new, Columbus will be second hand but good condition.

The price for the kit will be £475 for standard members, and £450 for Freedom members. Delivery £20 extra or free collection.

bundle-1.jpg

Just one left now...

ive just exchanged my old non dab columbus for a dab version and new aerial with rusty nuts.

very pleased with the new unit dab aerial and coding.

thanks for the help much appreciated  :happy:  :happy:

Same here. Unit fitted, coded, and all working. Free coffee and free lesson on keeping marine fish thrown in, excellent service.

Many thanks Rustynuts. To my great shame I forgot to ask your first name.

• Like 1

Same here. Unit fitted, coded, and all working. Free coffee and free lesson on keeping marine fish thrown in, excellent service.

Many thanks Rustynuts. To my great shame I forgot to ask your first name.

Yes I recently met and received great service from Rustynuts , no fish keeping lesson though  :D  :thumbup:

I can also vouch for Rusty, I've been dealing with him for a guess a few years now and recently purchased one of his DAB kits, everything works perfect and would happily deal with again! I did get my free gift also :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Columbus off Andy for our Fabia. Was incredibly helpful and was sent when he said it would. Offered fitting advice and even followed up to check we were happy.

10/10 from me and SWMBO!

• Like 1

I am currently struggling to get a decent signal with a cheap Magmount DAB aerial connected to our Columbus. 

Is it possible to buy just the sharkfin DAB aerial and associated leads?

Thanks.