Columbus Sales & Repair.

Rustynuts

The slight damage one is the only HDD DAB unit I have available mate. I can let you have a GPS puck type antenna and I also have a single to twin Fakra adapter if that's what you mean? I'll throw those in for a tenner. I'll get some photos and / or a video of the unit for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wanting to fit a Columbus dab into a 2010 Fabia bed. Do you have any for sale at the moment and will the reverse sensors and steering wheel controls work or will it all need reprogramming? How do I contact you to arrange?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rusty nuts. 

On my columbus I have this screen after holding settings button for a while....

Does this mean the unit is Dab enabled? 

20170402_143039.jpg

20170402_143050.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

It would appear so.

Cheers. So all I would need to do is swap the sharkfin antenna with normal aerial with one of your dab sharkfins? Or will there be more to it?

Well, on the main radio screen in the bottom left hand corner there's "Band". Touch this and see if you have DAB listed there. There should be AM and FM, and if DAB is enabled then you should also be able to select DAB frequency. If so, do it. The touch "Station List" and then touch "Update" and it'll scan for DAB stations.

See what happens there and let me know.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, Rustynuts said:

Well, on the main radio screen in the bottom left hand corner there's "Band". Touch this and see if you have DAB listed there. There should be AM and FM, and if DAB is enabled then you should also be able to select DAB frequency. If so, do it. The touch "Station List" and then touch "Update" and it'll scan for DAB stations.

See what happens there and let me know.

Cheers.

Will do on my next break. 

Thanks 

Ah, cancel that. I'm back home now looking on the computer instead of the mobile. The top right button is a speaker / i button. If you had a DAB unit you'd have a small microphone, so you've got an old unit which someone has updated the firmware to include the DAB software, but you have no DAB hardware.

6 minutes ago, Rustynuts said:

Ah, cancel that. I'm back home now looking on the computer instead of the mobile. The top right button is a speaker / i button. If you had a DAB unit you'd have a small microphone, so you've got an old unit which someone has updated the firmware to include the DAB software, but you have no DAB hardware.

So I will need to buy a whole kit no worries. 

Gonna have to wait a while, just spent £700 getting a Towbar and dedicated wiring kit fitted for my hols next week

Again, thanks for your help. Will give you a shout when ready to upgrade 

Hi Rustynuts,

all the units you provide are used?

I suggested you in  a friend of mine who is interested in buying a Columbus system but he may be looking also for a new ones..

The car is Octavia 2009 with a SKODA SWING now. 

Is it nessacery to buy an adapter for the aerial or this car has already twin fitted?

Can be retrofitted the sharkfin including GPS if the current one aerial is removed? 

Thanks for replies,

Regards

2009 Octavia should already have the twin antenna plug so no adapter needed. Sharkfin can be fitted in place of the current one.

All the units I have are second hand, all updated maps and firmware as applicable, tested and fully working, and some have new screens fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rustynuts

Would one of the SSD Columbus units be a suitable replacement for a Bolero in a 2012 mk2 FL? I already have a fiscon plus bluetooth module. Would this work with the Columbus?

You'll need a new fascia / surround because the Columbus is a different shape, other than that you'll be pretty much okay. I only have DAB units at the moment however, so a new antenna kit and suchlike will be needed to make it all work.

Edit: Have a delivery coming this week so may be some standard units in there.

Edited by Rustynuts

I'd be looking for a DAB unit. How much would it be for the unit and could you point me the right direction for the antenna kit? Aside from those and the fascia, is there anything else i need to order?

• 2 months later...
On 03/04/2017 at 11:49, Rustynuts said:

I have a Columbus with the microphone symbol on the button in the top right corner, but it DAB doesn't show up in the band list. I have a combined sharkfin and standard rubberised antenna on the roof. Do I just need an alternative antenna and the right coding to give me the DAB option? If so, do you sell them separately?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MagicMavis