Dealer Price - Adblue

Sk1

Well a first for me today the car was reading 800 miles until out of Ad-Blue so off I went to my nearest, ad-blue Pump on the old A1 at Aycliffe, nr, Darlington a whole 8 miles from home. after reading this thread yesterday I wondered how much this was going to cost and the answer is, Miles 5462, 14.38 liters, £9.48, 8500 forecast after refuel. 65.9 pence per litre.

All in all an entirely harmless experience lift pump push it in the hole fill and pay, now if I have to do that once every 8500 miles for less than a £10 im totally OK with it. No harder than putting fuel in and a lot lot cheaper.

Edited by russ1610

Well a first for me today the car was reading 800 miles until out of Ad-Blue so off I went to my nearest, ad-blue Pump on the old A1 at Aycliffe, nr, Darlington a whole 8 miles from home. after reading this thread yesterday I wondered how much this was going to cost and the answer is, Miles 5462, 14.38 liters, £9.48, 8500 forecast after refuel. 65.9 pence per litre.

All in all an entirely harmless experience lift pump push it in the hole fill and pay, now if I have to do that once every 8500 miles for less than a £10 im totally OK with it. No harder than putting fuel in and a lot lot cheaper.

Which retailer was the pump at? Sounds like they have what I'm looking for :)

I often go to Newton Aycliffe to visit friends so might even call into the same one.

This one just off the M1, first turn on left towards Aycliffe go to the truck side and there are two pumps.

Newton Park Services - Gas Station
Newton Park
Coatham Mundeville
Darlington DL1 3NL
United Kingdom

+44 1325 304274
Opens at 11:00 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Just paid €24.99 for 5 litres of  BASF AdBlue at Norauto (similar to Halfords) in France.  My 1500 mile warning came on as I left the ferry in Caen so I thought that I would err on the safe side and top up.  I considered 10 litres until I found out how expensive it was. I found the kit impossible to use as air locks kept preventing the flow of AdBlue in to the tank. 

Can I just say to you people paying these unbelievable prices for AD-Blue FIND A SERVICE STATION PUMP, I paid £9.48 for 14.25 liters and you just pump it in, like you do the fuel. My local dealer is just 8 miles away but I phoned first just to make sure. Why pay £10+ for 10 liters when it's so cheap at the pumps.????. More pumps are apparently coming but they are not that scarce most motorway service stations 80% i believe.

• Like 2

@russ1610 - Which filling station did you use?

I filled mine yesterday at Washington services and it cost £11.47 for 13.41 litres = 84.9 per litre. Yours comes in at 66.5p which would of saved me £2.49. Not a massive saving but a saving none the less - would be handy to know for next time

Apologies - just seen your earlier post - Doh!!!!!!

Edited by geordiebloke
  • Like 1

This one just off the M1, first turn on left towards Aycliffe go to the truck side and there are two pumps.

Newton Park Services - Gas Station
Newton Park
Coatham Mundeville
Darlington DL1 3NL
United Kingdom

+44 1325 304274
Opens at 11:00 AM

First Ad-blue refuel  Aycliffe Service Station, Pump. Miles 5462, 14.38 liters, £9.48, 8500 forecast after refuel. 65.9 pence per liter.
Edited by russ1610
  • Like 1

I've recently bought a 'pre-registered ' diesel yeti, found the adblue tank in the boot so I'' now starting to research the additive & costs, I'' a bit surprised that the road tax was still £145 when the emissions are supposedly reduced by using adblue? they must have been really nast before !

Canal Garage (Texaco) about 1/2m from J36 M6 (Lake District + Kendal (S))

69p/litre or £17 20l container with detachable spout.

2 pumps  in the HGV refuelling bays (round back of garage). I think there are 4 rows of pumps and adblue is on the 2nd row from the garage and the 4th row

https://www.google.c...47!4d-2.7100423

Truck Services Ltd. Tel: 015395 67280. Junction 36, Canal GarageCrooklands, Milnthorpe, Cumbria, LA7 7NX

M6 J36 take A590 east (Kirkby Lonsdale), 150m roundabout take left onto A65 and Texaco garage on right before bridge under M6

Well ,went on Friday with daughter to Chester services to top up with Adblue . The pumps are located at the commercial refueling point & thats the rub ! sitting behind two 18 wheelers while they "tank up" means a very long wait ( glad of the T.V. ! ) So next time i will go in the evening ...................

P.S,- 11 ltrs @ 69p a ltr-- range now 8,500 miles .

Edited by david 1220
  • Like 1

different types of emmissions. VED (road tax) is based on CO2 , Adblue is for reducing NOx

I agree with the comment above but this doesn't explain how the 190 diesel has lower CO2 levels than the 150? Presumably the higher power allows lower gearing?

• 1 month later...

Filled up my Adblue today at a local filling station.

£9.15 for nearly 13 litres.

Took about 2 mins from start to finish, no mess, no hassle. In fact probably takes longer to fill up with diesel!!

Anyone looking at Adblue, don't buy from a dealer or use top up kits. The pump is sooooo easy & cheap :)

• 4 months later...

Local tractor dealer very cheap!  Unplanned top up - error message (not level warning).  Tried local tractor dealer (detailed below).  5l container with spout £6 inc VAT.  Bring you own container 60p/l inc VAT.  Think 20l was £14.xx (ex VAT).  The brand is Kramp - big international company 5l data sheet and specs

Dealer:

http://paxtons.co.uk

Branches:

Head Office  Pity Me, serving Durham, Tyne & Wear and South Northumberland

Northallerton, serving North Yorkshire and Cleveland

Alnwick, serving Northumberland and North Northumberland

Bentham, serving North Lancashire, South Cumbria and North Yorkshire

Swinton Mill, serving the Borders

One thing i found on my first visit to refill with Adblue ( Chester services ) -- Go at night ! those wagons have VERY big adblue tanks & if you are behind one In the day time ( or more ! )  take sandwiches & a book........................

On 12/09/2016 at 21:19, Dsgwagen said:

Shocked to read the massive price difference of adblue,just for information VW and Skoda dealers sell the adblue in 5ltr and 10ltr and the also sell a hose to fill it which stops overfilling and also stops you spilling any on body as its corrosive to the bodywork when it crystalises,the 10ltr is about £13 and the pipe is part number 000012499 about £8 (I think) so don't be paying any silly prices.

Just go to your local Mercedes Benz dealer (commercial or passenger car, after all MB invented the AdBlue system, initially for trucks but now on passenger cars) a 10ltre container (complete with filling tube) is £14.00 inc VAT retail!

6 minutes ago, GeorgeB said:

Just go to your local Mercedes Benz dealer (commercial or passenger car, after all MB invented the AdBlue system, initially for trucks but now on passenger cars) a 10ltre container (complete with filling tube) is £14.00 inc VAT retail!

The German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) registered the trademark AdBlue 

Why would I want to pay £1.40 per litre and then have to decant it into the car when I can buy it from the pump for less than half that price?? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my local dealer (RRG Skoda Rochdale) when the status was showing 1,000 miles left to AdBlue top up - they charged me a total of £13.00 to fully top it up.