Octavia III Facelift

Delivery is usually always included but it may be labelled as 'on the road'. The older brochures also had a column with it totalled in but the newest brochure doesnt mention price anywhere.

16 minutes ago, nuggiebok said:

Is that charge included in your quote or additional?

If it's additional then I wouldn't be happy

No it's in there within the original quote,it's when u examine the breakdown on f what you are paying for. When buying you are just concerned with length of term,price per month,interest rate,deposit and ballon at end. So didn't notice till home 

16 minutes ago, paddy wagon said:

Delivery is usually always included but it may be labelled as 'on the road'. The older brochures also had a column with it totalled in but the newest brochure doesnt mention price anywhere.

I didn't notice or was aware of it and it wasn't mentioned but I did check, it was within quote. 

12 minutes ago, Mark06 said:

No it's in there within the original quote,it's when u examine the breakdown on f what you are paying for. When buying you are just concerned with length of term,price per month,interest rate,deposit and ballon at end. So didn't notice till home 

I know what you mean. I've had similar with my recent quote. But as long as you're happy with the total price then you've just got to live with it.

I've had weeks of emotional turmoil deciding whether I should buy a new car or used, and then wondering if I really was getting the best deal or whether there was something better around the corner. 

It'll be worth it when the cars are on our drive/garage/street or when we're driving the long way home to enjoy it a bit more...

I'm with you on the emotions,I spent 4 months milling over it as waiting for a remortgage to go through (don't need extra finance on bills). For 3 of those 4 months I was buying a Mazda  6 sport nav,similar price and 0% interest said I'd never buy new but with low interest rates and manufacturers deposits compared with nearly new finance up at 8-9% you pay as much for one of them. After test driving a vrs I was no longer interested in a Mazda and ordered vrs shortly after. I was unaware of waiting times on ordering a new car though. Bit like waiting for xmas as a kid now:-). 

Was a bit confusing what ordering though as said previous as skoda were going through getting new facelift version in,concrete standard equipment was hard to come by

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark06 said:

I have also bought the £400 gap insurance which may have been foolish without shopping round. And the smart body repair £400 and the autoglyming at £250 I think. Paying upfront when I collect. Not sure if good or bad deal. Reckon I might need body repair as wife will be driving it also! She passed test 3 days ago and has only ever drove a Suzuki swift.

Buy her her own car, it'll be cheaper than the repairs

59 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Buy her her own car, it'll be cheaper than the repairs

Dont joke about this, when i was ordering mine the good lady had a casual glance at a Fabia and the next thing is pricing up Monte Carlo's.

Id be well up for it but I'm the one thatll have to sort out the new bumper and odd bits on the old one!!

Ha I've already told her sh has to drive my car I've had for 10 years a Bmw 320d,when she's proved herself capable she can drive vrs. Insurance is evil for her or with her on it. Got my current insurance to give me a quote for adding her on Bmw,they wanted £2435! Done a bit of research and some companies mirror your NCD onto another car still going to cost an extra £1000 to have her as a named driver on both cars at the very best from what I've found so far

10 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I've leased this time. My deal is £850 down the 35 x £289 for a manual, hatch with winter pack and black pack. No maintenance. So I guess by the time you add that and whatever other extras you're getting it's probably an ok deal. The GAP is way over priced though. So don't buy from them. 

Looks like pretty much what is being offered by dealers at the moment for PCH. Mine without maintenance was £295. I'll have a look around for the GAP lease insurance. Thanks

10 hours ago, vRS-Ric said:

My vrs pch deal is £1800 deposit & £205pm for 24 months, 10k pa, no maintenance. Should be July delivery.

That's a pretty good deal. I assume you didn't opt for any options?

2 minutes ago, mo1965 said:

That's a pretty good deal. I assume you didn't opt for any options?

No options, just specified the meteor grey vrs paint and red stitching. Through VW finance so should be available elsewhere too. It's the 2.0tdi.

30 minutes ago, nuggiebok said:

At the risk of going of topic you could try an insurer who fits a black box?

That wouldn't be very advantageous for me!

29 minutes ago, vRS-Ric said:

No options, just specified the meteor grey vrs paint and red stitching. Through VW finance so should be available elsewhere too. It's the 2.0tdi.

That does seem good! I feel like I've over paid now!

Why is leasing so much cheaper than PCP? I was quoted £410 a month over 36 months for PCP on a new estate manual with metallic paint only, with £2k deposit from me, and admittedly 15k miles a year, but still, surely you are just funding depreciation as with a lease? I know they put a bit of a buffer in to allow a small deposit on the next one but it's still so expensive compared to these lease deals.  The optional payment at the end was £9,400, which seems very low, is it really going to depreciate 17k in 3 years and 45k miles?

5 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

Why is leasing so much cheaper than PCP? I was quoted £410 a month over 36 months for PCP on a new estate manual with metallic paint only, with £2k deposit from me, and admittedly 15k miles a year, but still, surely you are just funding depreciation as with a lease? I know they put a bit of a buffer in to allow a small deposit on the next one but it's still so expensive compared to these lease deals.  The optional payment at the end was £9,400, which seems very low, is it really going to depreciate 17k in 3 years and 45k miles?

Yes, it will depreciate that much

The PCH will depreciate the same amount it'll just start from a lower price

Well mine will have £10500 left after 42 months of £350 at 10k p.a with 3k down and £2500 of options so yours sounds about right,maybe bit more expensive for the extra 10000miles you are doing compared to mine 

9 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yes, it will depreciate that much

The PCH will depreciate the same amount it'll just start from a lower price

Exactly that. VWFS are buying the car direct from VW. They are obviously a massive discount with the added bonus that at the end of term VW are buying it back.

Id heard 28% mentioned as discount when I was sorting mine out.

6 hours ago, Mark06 said:

Well mine will have £10500 left after 42 months of £350 at 10k p.a with 3k down and £2500 of options so yours sounds about right,maybe bit more expensive for the extra 10000miles you are doing compared to mine 

Don't suppose anyone has had a quote for PCP finance on a vRS TSI DSG over 42 months and 12k miles? Just want to get a good idea of the GFV, I'm guessing it'll be around £9500, but seeing as some have said a GFV of £10500 for 10k and 42 months I might be underestimating....

37 minutes ago, djkarlos said:

Don't suppose anyone has had a quote for PCP finance on a vRS TSI DSG over 42 months and 12k miles? Just want to get a good idea of the GFV, I'm guessing it'll be around £9500, but seeing as some have said a GFV of £10500 for 10k and 42 months I might be underestimating....

Do a quote through car wow and the ones that get back to you,ask em for the breakdown per month and you should get the answer. That's what I did.

5 hours ago, paddy wagon said:

Exactly that. VWFS are buying the car direct from VW. They are obviously a massive discount with the added bonus that at the end of term VW are buying it back.

Id heard 28% mentioned as discount when I was sorting mine out.

Sounds about right, a little car company around Guildford used to buy Fords direct & rent them out through Avis for 3 months then sell them as ex-demos. MJA they were called, made a small fortune, back in the 80's he was getting 30% off list

Edited by themanwithnoaim

6 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sounds about right, a little car company around Guildford used to buy Fords direct & rent them out through Avis for 3 months then sell them as ex-demos. MJA they were called, made a small fortune, back in the 80's he was getting 30% off list

And I seem to remember that NatWest used to buy cars for the bank managers in massive numbers and at massive discount.  The manager just got a new car every 3 months (whether they wanted one or not) (used to p off the ones that needed tow bars).  The cars were all sold on for more than they cost and the fleet department was a profit centre rather than a cost centre. 

My apologies if this is an urban myth and I have all the facts wrong - it's a good story anyway.

• Like 1