Octavia III Facelift

19 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Yes, no change to floorpan.

How have done the 38mm wider stance then ?

If the floorpan is the same kinda makes you think the hubs are in the same place hence, wider stance must come from a different ET on the wheels

44 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

How have done the 38mm wider stance then ?

If the floorpan is the same kinda makes you think the hubs are in the same place hence, wider stance must come from a different ET on the wheels

Wheel spacers? :tongueout:

No, the hubs aren't attached to floorpan?

The offset could be different, that's true, but if so, the front track width would be different as well because I can't imagine two different ET's on the same car?

I'm guessing the wishbones/stub axles (or whatever they're called) are slightly longer or hubs slightly different.

On a different but related note, wonder if they've improved the wheel bearing quality...I've got one gone already at 15k miles and I know of several other owners who have had them replaced at similarly low mileage. :dry: 

On Wed Apr 26 2017 at 20:19, themanwithnoaim said:

Your stealers know FA then

BTW calling it a vRS 230 is inflammatory to those whom brought the limited edition Mk3 vRS230 so, I'd just call it the O3 FL vRS if I were you.

You can take the pee if you lile but, they can be feisty 

This post made me chuckle, got an email from garage saying "your VRS 230 is on route to port " and I thought I didn't order a 230 I ordered a VRS MK3 FL TSI so emailed him back and corrected him (he didn't reply). Then I read this post and laughted. 

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

If any one needs confirmation for their order 

Dear Mr *******

Thank you for your recent comments regarding finding the correct information about the 
folding mirrors on the ŠKODA Octavia VRS.  I was naturally concerned to learn of the issues outlined in your email and I am sorry for any inconvenience which these may have caused.

I am delighted to learn of your interest in ŠKODA and particularly in the Octavia VRS.

I have checked this information on our database and I can confirm that the Octavia VRS comes with auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots and memory function.

I hope this information proves to be of use.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Daniel Morrice
Customer Relations Advisor 
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA 
Tel:  0333 0037504  
[email protected] | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

Ok so having browsed the latest brochure I note High Beam Assist (HBA) has gone replaced by Intelligent Light Assistant  (ILA). Its still turns the Main Beam on/off when detecting the lights of others, I don't care what they call it & even having had it for the last 3 years.

It ain't worth  £310

On 2017-4-27 at 20:44, longmynd said:

Contacted Skoda customer services this morning regarding electric folding mirrors on my forthcoming Petrol 230 Vrs. They could not give me an answer as to whether it was a standard fitting or an optional extra. Promised me they would get back to me today with a definate answer. Still waiting

Skoda customer services have finally got back to me. Folding mirrors definately an £175 option on the face lifted 230 vrs.  However will be free on the forthcoming Octavia 245 Vrs

Guest Cossiecol
10 minutes ago, longmynd said:

Skoda customer services have finally got back to me. Folding mirrors definately an £175 option on the face lifted 230 vrs.  However will be free on the forthcoming Octavia 245 Vrs

Got the email from them about it? If so post it on here and I'll go back to them with yours and mine.

Guest Cossiecol

Actually I wonder if the conflicting information is due to the message on the configurator:

"Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 17 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Model images shown are for illustration purposes only and may vary from UK specification. Factory orders from 28 April 2017 will reflect Model Year 18 specification and pricing. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information."

Had to order electronically folding mirrors as an option on my VRS TSI MK3 FL (which is due in the next couple of weeks). I had my MK3 early so didn't get CC etc standard then within months it was made standard.... can be fustrating.

Probably not at all relevant to us here in the UK, but in case anyone is interested there is a full brochure for the Australians

http://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesenau/alv1/015a4d6d-9db9-4f31-a92e-23f2bcbf9e8d/Octavia-brochure.7b95f08a0b5a6969f97ee6d64ece0ca3.pdf

I'm jealous, they get loads of tech as standard spec, including Columbus sat nav, rear view camera, space save spare wheel, ACC, black design pack.

Also, love page 22, looks like some bad photoshop work done there!

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol
4 hours ago, Hyperviper34 said:

Had to order electronically folding mirrors as an option on my VRS TSI MK3 FL (which is due in the next couple of weeks). I had my MK3 early so didn't get CC etc standard then within months it was made standard.... can be fustrating.

It's not a biggy as the car has loads of options selected but just irritating if it's standard and yet they still took the £175 for it. 

Just waiting for skoda customer services to double check and confirm, probably won't hear for a while though.

Page 22 is abysmal. 

Interesting to see how the range compares - far less choice and they don't get the same selection of options that we do. 

That's the side effect of geography though. They want you to buy from local stock rather than factory builds shipped half way round the planet, so they simplify the choices to be able to have them all available.

We get a similar thing with Japanese and Korean cars - you won't find dozens of options on a Hyundai. 

• Like 1

On 2017-4-25 at 18:05, paddy wagon said:

Actually, just looked at a spec list on excel supplied by a dealer and it confirms folding mirrors on vRS but not Scout.

I'd not checked on that before.

Octavia Facelift Spec-20170304-122135333.xlsx

Don't suppose there is a newer version of this file you could get hold of as it appears (based on the filename) to be from the beginning of March.

1 hour ago, djkarlos said:

Don't suppose there is a newer version of this file you could get hold of as it appears (based on the filename) to be from the beginning of March.

I doubt theres a revised one, it was emailed to me by a large north west dealer

14 hours ago, djkarlos said:

Probably not at all relevant to us here in the UK, but in case anyone is interested there is a full brochure for the Australians

http://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesenau/alv1/015a4d6d-9db9-4f31-a92e-23f2bcbf9e8d/Octavia-brochure.7b95f08a0b5a6969f97ee6d64ece0ca3.pdf

I'm jealous, they get loads of tech as standard spec, including Columbus sat nav, rear view camera, space save spare wheel, ACC, black design pack.

Also, love page 22, looks like some bad photoshop work done there!

But they also get deadly animals and many other things (not just cars) that can kill you as standard!

ps. Read the spec carefully, Columbus on Octavia is optional or part of the tech pack , similar to UK's SE Technology?

On 2017-5-1 at 05:10, lukey@cz said:

ps. Read the spec carefully, Columbus on Octavia is optional or part of the tech pack , similar to UK's SE Technology?

If you look closely the Columbus is part of a pack but it's standard on the RS, other parts of the pack are optional.

I've received confirmation from my UK broker that the folding mirrors are standard on VRS spec, auto dimming mirrors are the £175 option.

On 25/04/2017 at 20:42, Juniperz said:

I have only thought about folding mirrors on the SE L.  SkodaUK told me on twitter that they were not standard on the SE L.  I have seen a car in a dealership with no options, yet the mirrors fold / unfold when you lock / unlock the car, so they are standard (and unlike the current car where they only unfold when you start the engine (on my KESSY car)).

IIRC, there are two options in the configurator for the SE L - £125 for folding mirrors with dimming and £125 for folding mirrors with memory adjustment when in conjunction with electric seats.  I think that SkodaUK are interpreting these as the only way that you can get folding mirrors, where you are really just paying £125 to add dimming or memory.  Sorry, that went on a bit B)

19 minutes ago, MattChr said:

I've received confirmation from my UK broker that the folding mirrors are standard on VRS spec, auto dimming mirrors are the £175 option.

It's like I said last week (above) - the Skoda staff seem to see a mirrors option cost and and think that is to get folding, when really it is to add another function (dimming, memory) to folding...  I think that is what you call a "training need"...

I've just seen the full spec price list - for some reason can't upload it - and I can see why there is confusion. Foldable heated mirrors are in the standard spec but when you go to optional extras, there is an 'optional' in the vrs column next to 'includes auto dimming rear view mirror for SE' and a price which is on the second line of the item. So if you read it quickly you would think the whole lot is optional

Guest Cossiecol
On 29/04/2017 at 19:14, Cossiecol said:

If any one needs confirmation for their order 

Dear Mr *******

Thank you for your recent comments regarding finding the correct information about the 
folding mirrors on the ŠKODA Octavia VRS.  I was naturally concerned to learn of the issues outlined in your email and I am sorry for any inconvenience which these may have caused.

I am delighted to learn of your interest in ŠKODA and particularly in the Octavia VRS.

I have checked this information on our database and I can confirm that the Octavia VRS comes with auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots and memory function.

I hope this information proves to be of use.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Kind regards

Daniel Morrice

I'm lost for words.....I asked the guy to double check based on the last spec sheet...... same guy a few days apart and different answers,  now on the phone and they've confirmed that it is indeed an optional extra.

Dear Mr *************

Thank you for your recent comments regarding finding the correct information for the folding mirrors on the ŠKODA Octavia VRS.  
I was delighted to learn of your interest in ŠKODA and particularly in the Octavia VRS  However, I was naturally concerned to learn of the issues outlined in your email and I am sorry for any inconvenience these have caused.

I have checked this information with our Sales Team and they have confirmed that to have auto-dimming, electrically adjustable, heated and foldable mirrors with boarding spots and memory function, this will cost 175.00 GBP. 

I hope this information proves helpful.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Kind regards

Daniel Morrice

A new option has appeared on the Drive The Deal configuration: 2 USB sockets in the rear armrest for £100.  Is this part of the MY18 spec changes?

Just noticed the configurator has been updated. Now showing the 1.5/150psi engine against the SE L at least. Still diesel only on L&K.

Went up to my local dealer this morning. They got a FL vRS in not long ago, maybe even yesterday. 

Looks good. This one didn't have any options so was just bog standard. Didn't seem to have folding mirrors (certainly didn't see the position on the dial for it anyway). The chrome grille does look naff so if you can, go for the black pack. Will tidy the front end up nicely. The infotainment system had a physical on/off dial which I didn't think they came with now. Perhaps that and the mirrors are the result of an early order without the full MY spec? I dunno.

Anyway, now very pleased with my order. Roll on July!!!

19 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Went up to my local dealer this morning. They got a FL vRS in not long ago, maybe even yesterday. 

Looks good. This one didn't have any options so was just bog standard. Didn't seem to have folding mirrors (certainly didn't see the position on the dial for it anyway). The chrome grille does look naff so if you can, go for the black pack. Will tidy the front end up nicely. The infotainment system had a physical on/off dial which I didn't think they came with now. Perhaps that and the mirrors are the result of an early order without the full MY spec? I dunno.

Anyway, now very pleased with my order. Roll on July!!!

Can you go back and see if they have USB ports in the rear of the armrest! :)