Octavia III Facelift

Guest Cossiecol
13 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Indeed. I've sold mine though. So no need I worry. I have replaced it with the repair kit instead for the new owner. 

I've done exactly this too :)

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

However....."HBA" is standard on the 'S' so.....? 

I think HBA in this context is hydraulic brake assist.  Apparently it helps out if you can't push the brake pedal hard enough in an emergency situation. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I think HBA in this context is hydraulic brake assist.  Apparently it helps out if you can't push the brake pedal hard enough in an emergency situation. 

http://www.skoda-auto.bh/models/hotspotdetail?HotspotName=S06 - MBA%2C HBA [Fabia%2C Roomster%2C Octavia%2C Octavia Tour%2C Yeti%2C Superb%2C Praktik]&WebID=11f0091c-f08b-47f7-957b-d7db159cad38&Page=technology&view=TechnologySafety&WebPartID=&PageUrl=/sites/en-bh/models/yeti/pages/technology.aspx

Edited by juan27

On 25/04/2017 at 14:02, themanwithnoaim said:

Skoda UK Customer Services confirmed by phone that the £175 folding wing mirrors option is not available for the vRS as they are standard by default of being on the SE L. The car configurer will allow you to choose this option though, on both the SE L or vRS.

Also confirmed is the rear suspension setup is different on the FL vRS & therefore, the wheels maybe of a different ET to the current Gemini wheels.

Have ordered new 230 vrs but have had to pay £175 for electric folding mirrors. Have been told my build date is week 21 

1 minute ago, longmynd said:

Have ordered new 230 vrs but have had to pay £175 for electric folding mirrors. Have been told my build date is week 21 

Your stealers know FA then

BTW calling it a vRS 230 is inflammatory to those whom brought the limited edition Mk3 vRS230 so, I'd just call it the O3 FL vRS if I were you.

You can take the pee if you lile but, they can be feisty 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Your stealers know FA then

BTW calling it a vRS 230 is inflammatory to those whom brought the limited edition Mk3 vRS230 so, I'd just call it the O3 FL vRS if I were you.

You can take the pee if you lile but, they can be feisty 

He didn't.  He called it a 230 vRS. Which it is. :biggrin:

If he just called it the 03 FL vRS it could be a diesel. 

On 25/04/2017 at 19:59, djkarlos said:

Here's a screen grab of the vRS std spec from the spreadsheet (for those that are having trouble opening it)

Capture.PNG

Thanks for posting this, really useful. I've ordered the new vrs on a pch deal and the dealership couldn't tell me anything about the spec. Cheers!

16 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

He didn't.  He called it a 230 vRS. Which it is. :biggrin:

If he just called it the 03 FL vRS it could be a diesel. 

I guess the "standard" petrol VRS is just the O3 FL VRS TSi.  But if you're talking FL and 230VRS its fairly clear that you are talking about the latest standard (non-performance pack) version.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I guess the "standard" petrol VRS is just the O3 FL VRS TSi.  But if you're talking FL and 230VRS its fairly clear that you are talking about the latest standard (non-performance pack) version.  

Yeah, the standard current model was always just the 'petrol vRS' or 'TSI vRS', until the 230 was launched. Now, some refer to it as the 220 TSI to help differentiate it.

As the 245 is already on the way on the FL, and known about from launch, to refer to the '230 TSI' will likely become frequent.

Either way, who really gives a ****? :giggle:

• Like 2

Just now, longmynd said:

Contacted Skoda customer services this morning regarding electric folding mirrors on my forthcoming Petrol 230 Vrs. They could not give me an answer as to whether it was a standard fitting or an optional extra. Promised me they would get back to me today with a definate answer. Still waiting

I'm looking at replacing my MKII FL with a MKIII FL. Just looked at the L&K and rather disappointed that it is on diesel only, especially as the London and other cities are looking to spank diesel owners with emission zones etc.

Are there any rumours around adding a petrol option, such as the 1.8TSI? Otherwise it'll be a SE L 1.4 with a load of options that make it as much as the L&K.

Cheers

Anyone here with the GB registered (17 plate) Octavia facelift models at the side of the SSE Arena Belfast?

First time I've saw one, a L&K estate.

Doesn't look as bad in real life, certainly more distinctive than the slightly bland looking front of non-VRS spec pre-facelift models.

12 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I saw a race blue FL estate behind me on the A331/M3 junction about 2 this afternoon. Strange though, its DLR's were vertical on the outer section of the lights

Think that means it just has poverty spec halogens. The full LEDs have the horizontal bars along the bottom of the cluster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

Think that means it just has poverty spec halogens. The full LEDs have the horizontal bars along the bottom of the cluster. 

And if they would publish a proper brochure, instead of that carppy "flyer" that have been knocking about since January, we would know for sure...

PS Ever ready to eat my words, I thought I had better check the website after posting that - and guess what?  There is a now a better brochure, with a page per model and vRS 245 gets a mention.  No table of features with blobs to show standard and optional features though, which is a shame.    https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_octavia.pdf

Edited by Juniperz

Guest Cossiecol

Skoda just confirmed that folding, heated and dimming mirrors are standard on the uk spec vRS.

i'll copy the email later for reference. That's £175 I'm getting back :)