Octavia III Facelift

Hi guys,

Ive just bought a brand new octavia vrs 245, but it’s very quite, I want the exhaust louder, with some crackles and bangs but dont want to change the exhaust, I’m thinking of doing a resonator delete. Been quoted £140 all in.

8 minutes ago, Ash84 said:

Hi guys,

Ive just bought a brand new octavia vrs 245, but it’s very quite, I want the exhaust louder, with some crackles and bangs but dont want to change the exhaust, I’m thinking of doing a resonator delete. Been quoted £140 all in.

What part of the country or UK are you based then perhaps a member near you could demonstrate their modified 245 so you can hear the differences between theirs and standard. BTW assume you mean QUIET. I am in the Midlands and have a resonated full Milltek system which is loud enough for me and my neighbours.:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Ash84 said:

Yeah Gatwick area

Thanks that's a shame as we are going to the Airport this Wednesday but in SWMBO's Karoq which is incredibly quiet but more economical than my 336bhp Octavia 245.:D Have you posted any photo's of your car in the Mk3 Octavia section under 245 owners club?:thumbup:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hiball

inam thinking to change from superb crtdi to octavia TSI.

I found a good one , 2018/07, 1,4tsi - 150hp, well equipped.

Do you know which engine code could be and if there is any series or known issue with that engine code?

thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 03/07/2020 at 14:57, Juhagpl said:

Hiball

inam thinking to change from superb crtdi to octavia TSI.

I found a good one , 2018/07, 1,4tsi - 150hp, well equipped.

Do you know which engine code could be and if there is any series or known issue with that engine code?

thanks!

From what I've read on here, the 1.4TSI is a highly-regarded engine and preferable to the 1.5TSI in some ways.

Have a search on here for problems, I believe there are one or two known issues that crop up, but I can't recall exactly as I've not really been interested in the 1.4/1.5 engines.

when it comes to differences in A7 and A7 FL, are there any related to suspension?

I am driving A7 preFL and I have driven a FL version with same engine and trim. Drive was much smoother over the small bumps with FL version.

• 1 month later...
On 21/08/2020 at 09:06, dejan011 said:

when it comes to differences in A7 and A7 FL, are there any related to suspension?

I am driving A7 preFL and I have driven a FL version with same engine and trim. Drive was much smoother over the small bumps with FL version.

From what i read there is different suspension setups for the different engines/versions.

Torsionbeam and multilink on the rear - not sure which cars got what installed, but could be this was what you felt?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How the hell do I get at the fog light on the face lift VRS 245?

Tha manual shows varient 1 and 2 but not the VRS?

My dash keeps telling me there's an issue with fog bulbs but they are working so I want to clean the connector and check the bulbs.

There is a hex screw through a hole in one of the honeycomb layers beneath the light but if I try and turn it nothing happens? I see there is a curled key tool for removing on other models but with no guidance for the face lift VRS I'm scratching my head?

3FB1BFAF-D8C5-41C8-ABCC-344C67635C5B.png

Edited by JimmyUK

31 minutes ago, JimmyUK said:

How the hell do I get at the fog light on the face lift VRS 245?

Tha manual shows varient 1 and 2 but not the VRS?

My dash keeps telling me there's an issue with fog bulbs but they are working so I want to clean the connector and check the bulbs.

There is a hex screw through a hole in one of the honeycomb layers beneath the light but if I try and turn it nothing happens? I see there is a curled key tool for removing on other models but with no guidance for the face lift VRS I'm scratching my head?

3FB1BFAF-D8C5-41C8-ABCC-344C67635C5B.png

Its and LED module, not a bulb(s). No help with getting it off but just an FYI before you take the front end off for potentially nothing.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Its and LED module, not a bulb(s). No help with getting it off but just an FYI before you take the front end off for potentially nothing.  

So the whole unit would have to be replaced if "leds are playing up?

Annoyingly the issue is intermittent. Of I switch on fogs the car pings them as an issue but they are working. I just banged the fog light with my  hand and the light went out and didn't come back - which makes me think it's a bad connector. But then I went out for a drive and fog lights are working are car is not flagging them?

1 minute ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

The hex screw is just for adjusting the foglight aim.

To remove the plastic grille, put the little hook from the spare wheel kit through the same hole as the hex screw, twist and pull hard. Be careful of the sensor connector!

Thanks. Shouldn't have messed with hex screw then :doh:

Will removing this grille give me access to the fog connector or do I really need to go through the engine cover underneath?

Just now, JimmyUK said:

Thanks. Shouldn't have messed with hex screw then :doh:

Will removing this grille give me access to the fog connector or do I really need to go through the engine cover underneath?

You should be able to reach it through the grille, more by feel though as I doubt you'll see it. (A mirror might help). As you are only checking for loose connections it should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello all 

new to here thought I'd drop a pic of my facelift Octavia vrs. Loving the car had it around 6 months I'd say and not missed a beat. Coming from a MK3 Monte Carlo fabia it's quite a jump to luxury and power. But I'm liking it just not going to go over top with chavvy bits haha 😂 if you see me about give us a flash 👌

IMG_20210124_171115_312.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 29/12/2020 at 22:19, mzm1212 said:

Hi friends. 

I have a problem. But im not sure, its a big problem or not. Please, help me.

There is a whistle noise in 2nd gear, between 2500-4000 rpm.

You can hear the noise abput 4, 16 and 26th seconds.

Your car is cold.  I bet you if you get the car warm up to temperture that whistle would disappear.  Its not recommend to take the car above 3000rpm until the temperature is at 90C.  I suspect as you have a TSI Engine that it could be a blow-off valve.  Page 37 of the manual states:

Cold area [for temperature of the car], The engine has not yet reached its operating temperature. Avoid high speeds and high engine loads.

If the oil temperature of the oil is not warm, there are bypass functions to stop the car fully boosting up the turbo until the engine and the rest of the car is warm.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 16/11/2020 at 16:42, toyscrota said:

Hi guys can anybody tell me where I can find my paint code on my vRS. Had a look in the spare tyre well for the sticker but can't see it?

67 plate Meteor Grey.

181vrs.jpg

The best colour! 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/11/2020 at 16:42, toyscrota said:

Hi guys can anybody tell me where I can find my paint code on my vRS. Had a look in the spare tyre well for the sticker but can't see it?

67 plate Meteor Grey.

181vrs.jpg

Hi,

What jumped out at me is, could you put a black cover on the screw holding your 'H' to the number plate? Maybe swap it with the one that's just missed the 'Z'?

That would really annoy me.  Doesn't need a Pantone code, just black or white (or yellow).

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Mikeyd1 said:

I new the facelift reminded me of something with the split headlights but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until now

64B480E8-0984-48C1-9892-C57EEED969B4.webp

CF1B3587-68F7-45F9-9402-0B1DE4194A01.webp

It's a bit of a reach, but I get where you're coming from.

I like how distinctive the split headline design is.

It's done a BMW on me, by that I mean when BMW first introduce a new design I usually don't like it, but then it grows on me.

I think my favourite car designs are by Audi. Their designs age very well, in my opinion.

• Love it! 1