'The Grand Tour' Latest news

Lady Elanore

The Grand Tour page on You Tube has this 10 minute offering of the good times during the original Top Gear featuring the Numbnut 3. The quality is iffy, but it should make any TG fan smile. it's interesting that it is on the Grand Tour page though and not a BBC sponsored one? 

TG-the good old days

The Grand Tour page on You Tube has this 10 minute offering of the good times during the original Top Gear featuring the Numbnut 3. The quality is iffy, but it should make any TG fan smile. it's interesting that it is on the Grand Tour page though and not a BBC sponsored one?

TG-the good old days

they put that on the GT page so it spreads interest and also reminds people of the genuinely funny bits etc, the message being "weve gone back to this, so watch the new show to see a new version of the rose timted old times"...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the fire stick & signed up for prime on sunday.....cant wait for the new series.... :thumbup:

there's a heck of a lot you can do with a Firestick too. Maybe best start another topic for that *ahem KODI, *ahem Exodus ;)

• Like 1

Have had Prime for a while now, so will be watching.

I find the streaming quality superb, and watch plenty of shows on it - well worth the money IMO. If people are choosing to NOT pay for services and use Exodus etc to watch stuff illicitly, that's fine, but can they not talk about it on here please mods. Other forms of stealing are surely considered unacceptable, why is this any different?

• Like 1

After doing a bit of research it turns out that at the moment streaming copyright content with Kodi etc is legal (Melt_water case, Public Relations Consultants Association Ltd PRCA v NLA and Others).

Downloading to keep isn't legal and selling any device preconfigured to that stream content isn't either.

I'm sure it's being challenged right now by the TV channels and studios but for the moment you're doing nothing wrong legally.

Ethically... well that's another question.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

After doing a bit of research it turns out that at the moment streaming copyright content with Kodi etc is legal (Melt_water case, Public Relations Consultants Association Ltd PRCA v NLA and Others).

Downloading to keep isn't legal and selling any device preconfigured to that stream content isn't either.

I'm sure it's being challenged right now by the TV channels and studios but for the moment you're doing nothing wrong legally.

Ethically... well that's another question.

Yeah, IIRC the argument is people selling Firesticks with Kodi etc pre-loaded.

• Administrators

Have had Prime for a while now, so will be watching.

I find the streaming quality superb, and watch plenty of shows on it - well worth the money IMO. If people are choosing to NOT pay for services and use Exodus etc to watch stuff illicitly, that's fine, but can they not talk about it on here please mods. Other forms of stealing are surely considered unacceptable, why is this any different?

Yep, and yep. Don't read all the topics and I had no idea what kodi  is, was, wasn't, nor would if one was passed under my nose. Heck I only found out about kubernetes this weekend, that turned my world upside down.

If you do spot anything like this, just mash the report link, with a one line about the issue. :D

I'm sure the program will be very good and I'd like to watch it but I can't justify the expense just to watch one thing.

You can sign up for Amazon Video @ £5.99 / month and cancel any time. Loads of other stuff available on there too ;)

• Like 1

Anyone who hasn't used Amazon Prime before can get a 30 day free trial. I have never used it and been saving up that trial offer for some time and this looks like a good enough reason to spend it :D Do any of the pre existing Netflix/Prime customers know how it works for release of new episodes? Conventional television it was aired at a set time, but does it just come on ready to stream from midnight on the date or a set time? If so what time would that be please? 

Ref the whole KODI thing as people wrongly refer to it as in regard to obtaining services which they may not have paid for. KODI itself is just an open source media player piece of software (formally XBMC ((XBox Media Centre))) and has been on the go for 14 years, long before the more recent growing popular use for it's awesomeness being exploited. It's what people add to KODI (addons) that brings up the questionably right or wrong of it all. It's like saying 'Windows' when referring to what people use for downloading torrents illegally when it's only the core OS most commonly used and more 96 year old OAP logic way of referring to it. I only point that out as I have been using XBMC and now KODI for many years as a great powerful media centre with good solid cross platform networking features, people then all go ohhh ahhhhh and assume all sorts (not licorice). 

Edited by FUBAR

We've had prime for a few years now and must admit I have never really used the streaming side, just like the fast deliveries. Looking forward to the new series of Clarkson & co. though.

I have a firestick with Kodi on it and I think its the biggest piece of rubbish ever. Its not powerful enough for a start, doesn't buffer enough and everything is a bit hit and miss. There's only so many times you can tolerate a film stopping half way through.

Lots of other great stuff on Prime too (see: Vikings, The Man in the High Castle). For £40 p/a (@*.ac.uk account = student prices :D ), I can't complain.

Looking forward to the Grand Tour - hope it's less predictable than the last few TG series.

Conventional television it was aired at a set time, but does it just come on ready to stream from midnight on the date or a set time? If so what time would that be please? 

Been trying to figure that out myself but I can't see an actual release time.

Maybe someone more au fait who's watched TMITHC will know if they release at a certain time thus swamping the servers with requests :D