Columbus mib1 0409 firmware

Aes3

2 hours ago, Misko1987 said:

are you instal this update is all  work after ?

I´ve done that update.
Everything works even better than 390.
I had big trouble with 390 but now everything works fine!

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Matty1VRS said:

Has anyone tried any of the updates in this post on a MIB2? 

That would be a good way to brick a MIB2 - if it tried to install a MIB1 update (which it probably won't).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

I couldn’t get the link on here to download from the Mega website, possibly as I’ve got a MacBook. It may still work ok with windows....

Pab567 was really helpful after I sent him my system details via a pm.

Would recommend getting in touch with him if you have similar problems, to get the correct file for your car.

Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought id mention I updated to 0411 from 0292. I had no sound from my unit all of a sudden and it started yesterday - no sound from the radio or via bluetooth from my iPhone. I took the risk and update to 0411 and it all went ok. I didn't time it but I left it running and went back into the house. I came back, it rebooted and the sound was working again. Hope this is a permanent fix but time will tell. I have a Columbus MIB 1 just to say. Cheers for whoever posted this link as its saved me for now a expensive replacement. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

anyone in here managed to be able to update their Nav system with newer maps? i have the mib1 columbus with 370 software. wondering if updating to 411 will allow updates again?

7 hours ago, jozto said:

Hello, please may I ask for fw and instructions?

Thank you in advance

175984546_476614683652644_4332604306775769696_n.jpg

Looks like you're in the same boat as I am having an MIB1 system which is no longer supported by Skoda. 

these links may have some info for you..

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2021 at 06:45, Rednut said:

anyone in here managed to be able to update their Nav system with newer maps? i have the mib1 columbus with 370 software. wondering if updating to 411 will allow updates again?

Now this is news to me. 

I have an mib1 with canton and didn't take the risk of updating to 411 but I'm disappointed if skoda aren't supporting maps for mib1 anymore as it's something I do annually. 

Is there an error message when you try to download or install them?

Also - is this the case with the vw version of the maps?

I think that Skoda & VW have also stopped issuing map updates for the MIB1 Amundsen as well as the MIB1 Columbus.

I have a MIB1 Amundsen and on both the Skoda & VW map update sites the last available maps are from June 2020 - but VW have been sneaky and have re-released the June 2020 maps with a November 2020 date (they are 100% identical, I've done a byte for byte comparison).

Maybe it's because it's now over 5 years since the MIB1s were last fitted in production?

Sad to hear it but I suppose it makes sense. Just a shame that the option doesn't exist anymore even via payment - it's all the more frustrating that the MIB1 doesn't have the alternative of android auto/apple carplay. 

Still love the large screen and canton system that it pumps. It also looks far superior to the tiny screen that was on the bolero of the time.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm posting this message here in the hopes that someone can help me with my issue.
I have a 2014 Skoda Octavia with (as far as i can tell) a Columbus MIB 5E0035020C

The issues that first started were the sound that completely disappeared.
Since that the device has been repaired by a firm here in the Netherlands, and the Sound is always on.
But a new issue has occured since they updated the firmware. The phone function looks to be completely turned off.
When i start the phone component it says 'telephone not available' (translated from Dutch). 
Also the bluetooth refuses to connect.

I worry that the software update is the cause for this issue.
Since this issue persists, the radio has been to the repair firm 3 times.
They claim to fix this issue often, and that these types of radio rarely come back for repairs under 'warranty' .

Is there for example any way to revert back to a previous version of the firmware?
Perhaps overwrite the current firmware with the right one?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 04/02/2017 at 16:58, aki78 said:

Guys, this is how you clear the software version error with VCDS:

5F module

Adaptations

Channel 'Confirmation of installation change'

Note your current code (different in every vehicle!)

Calculate your new code and enter it on the channel

Don't be surprised: the adaptation channel will change back to the original coding, this is normal!

Calculation (use Windows Calculator in 'Programmer' mode and select 'HEX'):

'original code' Xor C9D2 = (your new code)

Note the following:

VCDS use 'xx xx' format, but you have to use 'XXXX' format for calculation.

If your original code starts with zero just remove it before calculating.

If your new code is less than 4 characters insert zero(s) in the beginning.

Calculation example (just C9D2 is fix here!):

Original code: 1a 1a

Conversion: 1a 1a -> 1A1A

Calculation: 1A1A Xor C9D2 = D3C8

Conversion: D3C8 -> d3 c8

The above calculation method is from the Skoda update document and it works. :)

Has anyone done this and found that when you swipe the green bar to code the ‘Writing’ circular loading screen hangs on OBD11? I’ve tried it twice now, first for around 5/10 mins engine off. Then had to disconnect, started the engine second time and now currently sat waiting with it. Pretty sure it should be a quick few second coding like always? 

here is my updated code, am I doing something wrong? 

5188606F-6447-4A00-A20E-88D7DE626F04.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Just tried the 411 update on my 2015 Superb

And getting variant conflict . Please see photos. Any ideas please? I reformatted the sd (ntfs)and downloaded agin but still same error. My current software is 318.

Looks like a mib1 as have the dvd player in passenger glove box

20210927_083040.jpg

20210922_182755.jpg

• 6 months later...

Can somebody help me with a valid link to update firmware for Columbus mib 1? I have the original 2013 firmware and I have problem with quality of sound. Thank you