Columbus mib1 0409 firmware

Aes3

On 17/07/2018 at 08:55, dhill said:

I've watched a Youtube video of someone updating the firmware on their Amundsen-Bolero, and they said that they had to do the following after the update process had finished;

"Version back documentation" screen appears (final step), this is the moment to connect your VCDS cable

12) Go to module 5F, Adaptations, and select channel "Confirmation of installation change"

13) Check your current "Stored value" and write it down

14) Start Windows Calculator and set it to "Programming" mode (Alt+3)

15) Calculate the following: abcd Xor C9D2 (abcd is your "Stored value", C9D2 is fix). Double check it. :)

16) Enter your new value (in "xx xx" format, using a space character) and click "Do It!" (you may get an "Unknown (0x00)" error, no problem)

17) Your headunit should restart automatically in a few secs.

18) Once your HU works again, turn ignition OFF.

19) Ignition ON again and start VCDS again

20) Start an Autoscan and check for fault codes on different modules (09, 17, 19, 5F, ...) and clear them

21) You are done

Is the above the same case with the Columbis mib1 does anyone know? Also, how long does the firmware update take (roughly speaking)?

Hey all,

I have tried to do this but when i look at the original value, it's completely blank.  Now i'm stuck, has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys. 

Apologies for reviving such an old topic but hoping you can help.

I downloaded 0411 for my MIB1 Columbus + Canton but hoping to clarify a few things before I try it - 

Is 411 the latest update for Columbus? My current is 0196. 

Considering this is the CZ version - would I lose the english voice assistant on nav?

There's a post a few pages back mentioning having to update details via VCDS afterwards - is this true? I don't have VCDS so could someone explain how to do it via OBDEleven?

Thanks for the help as always!

Edited by foregonereality

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have the same setup here, a MIB1 system 5E0035045B here that has the intermittent sound issue.

Skoda repairer said they updated the firmware which didn't fix it but it's saying it's only version 293.

I have noticed a few people look to have had some luck fixing this issue with a v411 update. Can anyone help me?

Screenshot of version display attached.

Much appreciated.

On 14/12/2018 at 13:31, Chinny26 said:

I am at a loss of how to fix my issues of no sound, i can work around by going into the service menu and fake updating and sound comes back. I tried downloading 0411 firmware but says it is a mismatch for me and wont update. 

I have searched high and low to try and work this one out, below is the details of my unit, 

Device part number: 5E0035045B

Hardware: H42

Software: 0293

Any help getting a firmware that will work with this and try and fix my sound issues would be greatly appreciated :)

IMG_9588.JPG

@dootzord You are running a "RW" region firmware (I read that as Rest of World)

MHIG_RW_SK_P1055 - Yours

Luckily for you, there is this combination release (2-in-1)

[common_Release_1]
name = "MHIG_EU_SK_K1552"
path = "./EU"
{snip}
region = "Europe"

[common_Release_2]
name = "MHIG_RW_SK_K1552"
path = "./RW"
{snip}
region = "RoW"

SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_SK_P0069*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0071*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0343*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0346*, MHIG_EU_SK_K0346*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1055*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1533*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1537*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1541*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1551*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1552*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0069*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0071*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0343*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0346*, MHIG_RW_SK_K0346*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1055*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1533*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1537*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1541*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1551*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1552*"

New version information, you will actually be on 0412 version at the end

release = "MHIG_RW_SK_K1552"
MUVersion = "0412"

17 hours ago, varooom said:

@dootzord You are running a "RW" region firmware (I read that as Rest of World)

MHIG_RW_SK_P1055 - Yours

Luckily for you, there is this combination release (2-in-1)

[common_Release_1]
name = "MHIG_EU_SK_K1552"
path = "./EU"
{snip}
region = "Europe"

[common_Release_2]
name = "MHIG_RW_SK_K1552"
path = "./RW"
{snip}
region = "RoW"

SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_SK_P0069*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0071*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0343*, MHIG_EU_SK_P0346*, MHIG_EU_SK_K0346*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1055*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1533*, MHIG_EU_SK_P1537*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1541*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1551*, MHIG_EU_SK_K1552*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0069*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0071*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0343*, MHIG_RW_SK_P0346*, MHIG_RW_SK_K0346*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1055*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1533*, MHIG_RW_SK_P1537*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1541*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1551*, MHIG_RW_SK_K1552*"

New version information, you will actually be on 0412 version at the end

release = "MHIG_RW_SK_K1552"
MUVersion = "0412"

Incredible. This worked for me. Even after Volkstech in Melbourne Australia told me it had been 'updated' and I needed a whole new hardware unit.

5 hours ago, dootzord said:

Incredible. This worked for me. Even after Volkstech in Melbourne Australia told me it had been 'updated' and I needed a whole new hardware unit.

Either they didn't update it, or they didn't have enough brains between them to find the update I did.

Hope they didn't rinse you for too much money.

18 hours ago, varooom said:

Either they didn't update it, or they didn't have enough brains between them to find the update I did.

Hope they didn't rinse you for too much money.

the inspection fee of $180... ugh.

The install history showed no other updates had been done.

Oh well it is fixed now it seems. Hope everyone else can solve theirs.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 10:56, dootzord said:

Hi guys, I have the same setup here, a MIB1 system 5E0035045B here that has the intermittent sound issue.

Skoda repairer said they updated the firmware which didn't fix it but it's saying it's only version 293.

I have noticed a few people look to have had some luck fixing this issue with a v411 update. Can anyone help me?

Screenshot of version display attached.

Much appreciated.

IMG_9588.JPG

Has anyone encountered the random crackling/distortion sounds occurring with this same MIB1 unit? I've updated to v411 but it persists. Mechanic checked all connections and they said no issues. So wondering if it is a known hardware fault with this model?

7 hours ago, dootzord said:

Has anyone encountered the random crackling/distortion sounds occurring with this same MIB1 unit? I've updated to v411 but it persists. Mechanic checked all connections and they said no issues. So wondering if it is a known hardware fault with this model?

@pab567 this sounds like hardware, and you will probably know the answer.

1 hour ago, pab567 said:

Yes, HW problem - dry joints in powert amplifier ICs, in 95% it's enough to have them both resoldered.

Thanks, that makes sense. Is that in the control unit in the glovebox since I have no external amplifier or Canton unit?

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's possible to downgrade my firmware - I updated to 411 on my MIB1 Columbus and Canton but now there's an active static or analogue hiss when the radio is muted. 

I'm concerned the update could have done it - and whether downgrading might fix it. Thanks!

PXL_20240418_011043045.thumb.jpg.53d9fa48fac70484ed5fcdefe01da657.jpg

Edited by foregonereality