Tyres...

JWvrs25

Ok so ive been looking through the forums and have seen that the rainsport 3s are quite highly rated on the fabia

I need some new fronts for my fabia 1.2 on 195/50 R15

Halfords have the following at roughly same prices fitted,

Uniroyal rainsports

Dunlop Sport Blueresponse,

Goodyear efficient grip

Avon ZV7 

Conti premium 5s 

Which are the best choice to go for on a Fabia?

Ideally i would like the best wet grip as just going into winter, and current tyres scare me to the point where i'm going slower than grannies round roundabouts :(

seen reviews saying the rainsports dont have longest life compared to others but tbh as long as they last for a reasonable amount of millege i would prefer grip over wear.

advice would be appreciated

Goodyear something or other on the front of mine. Have been very good so far, the past 8 or so thousand miles. I will see how they fair in the ice and snow this winter; only seen a few lengths of slush so far, so nothing properly testing yet.

The above tyres you have listed are all good brands, so pick whichever is the best value.

JRJG

Pricewise ,I've always found my local branch of Britannia Tyres hard to beat. Strangely enough there's one in Bristol, a few miles from you.

New Station Way
Fishponds
Bristol
BS16 3LD

Last set of tyres were rainsport 3's, now I'm on Barum bravuris 3's and I believe the wear rate is better and barely any noticeable different in grip/handling. I will defiantly be purchasing the Barum tyres again

Pricewise ,I've always found my local branch of Britannia Tyres hard to beat. Strangely enough there's one in Bristol, a few miles from you.

New Station Way

Fishponds

Bristol

BS16 3LD

Yeah ive looked on their website but they are the same price as halfrauds which is so much closer to me

Edited by clarendon462

decided on the Good Year efficientgrips i think.

Same price as all the others, a bit put off by the wear on the rainsports tbh

Was between Goodyears and the dunlop blueresponse 

Last set of tyres were rainsport 3's, now I'm on Barum bravuris 3's and I believe the wear rate is better and barely any noticeable different in grip/handling. I will defiantly be purchasing the Barum tyres again

My local tyre fitter swears by Barum Bravuris tyres, they are made buy Continental, as is the Uniroyal brand......... 

i know people will wince at an unbranded set of tyre for £120 delivered .. but im going with the below for my 1.2 on 17s .. done plenty of googling and found nothing but good reviews

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152172220308?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My current front tyres were continental conti premium 2 which i have only driven on them with less than 3mm tread, as the tyres cam with the wheels i bought

Ive heard the compound changes on them below 3mm but ive not had any problems cornering other than aquaplaning like mad on any wet corner!

My rear tyres are a mix of accelera and farroad so I know there the cheapest rubbish but they've both got 6mm tread and I cant afford to change them at the moment.

They are terrifying round wet roundabouts as you just end up over steering if you lift off even slightly.

My current front tyres were continental conti premium 2 which i have only driven on them with less than 3mm tread, as the tyres cam with the wheels i bought

Ive heard the compound changes on them below 3mm but ive not had any problems cornering other than aquaplaning like mad on any wet corner!

My rear tyres are a mix of accelera and farroad so I know there the cheapest rubbish but they've both got 6mm tread and I cant afford to change them at the moment.

They are terrifying round wet roundabouts as you just end up over steering if you lift off even slightly.

You mean that isn't sufficient problems cornering!?

You mean that isn't sufficient problems cornering!?

haha well yes i suppose but think thats due to almost bald edges on the front tyres from tracking issues

I suppose i mean grip is good with the conti's compared with the rear tyres which are newer and have more tread 

Don't think you'll go wrong with Goodyears :)

I'm currently running Vredestein's on mine and they are a really good tyre.

Had Dunlop SP Sports on before and the Vredesteins are better all around.

BF Goodrich are a good tyre too,they are made by Michelin :)

Who Makes What, Intresting read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tire_companies

from the list;

Lego Group[58]

20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 1932   World's largest manufacturer of tires by number of units (318 million in 2011). Manufactures toy tires for its building block set. Began tire production in 1962.[58]

:D

• Like 1

Get the black ones with the hole in the middle.

Seriously, they're all decent, get whichever is best value, a 1.2 isn't going to work them very hard!

Usual helpful and decisive response...... why bother typing a reply in all honesty.

Not so much interesting as informative, thanks, that's a good few minutes of my life I can't get back  :sun:

Same way as I feel about your useless posting.

• Like 1