Kodiaq Owners Register

BoxerBoy

4 minutes ago, Nimby said:

My Dec'19 Scout doesn't have the auto door protectors. Dealer said they are now part of the "Family Pack" option.  Though reading the forums maybe that's a good thing.

It does have a spare wheel rather than a can of foam, which surprised me for an ex-demonstrator.

I can see one umbrella missing when it goes back - I'll deny all knowledge.

The door protectors are now not available even as part of the "Family Pack" - I have 5 children and have never had an issue with them...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally collected (long story) a emerald green 1.5Tsi DSG with heated screen and ACC as options.

A great improvement on the Yeti it replaced, but changing from 20 years of diesel ownership to petrol is going to take some getting used to. I’m missing the mid range torque!

284D5218-5CA4-4F03-ADDC-5CE559CBD299.thumb.jpeg.b73eb1add4c33e2bdd7bb07c9048ab59.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2020 at 11:22, CFB said:

A great improvement...   but changing from 20 years of diesel ownership to petrol is going to take some getting used to. I’m missing the mid range torque!

That's exactly our concern at the moment and is one of the things (amongst other wider lifestyle issues) that's holding us back swapping 2007 our Octavia 4x4 for a Kodiaq or Karoq - we know the risks and issues around diesels / DPF's and short journeys / pollution etc. so petrol 'should' be the way to go...   but having driven turbo-diesel's since 2001 we're worried we'd miss the easy torque and load carrying ability...

If you go with the Karoq, you might be disappointed with the size of the boot if you are used to the cavern that is the Octy.

The Kodiaq boot is about the same size with the 3rd row of seats down, deeper vertically too.

3 hours ago, CFB said:

If you go with the Karoq, you might be disappointed with the size of the boot if you are used to the cavern that is the Octy.

The Kodiaq boot is about the same size with the 3rd row of seats down, deeper vertically too.

Useful to know as we regularly fill the Octy boot when travelling as my daughter is on a medical diet so we have to take the vast majority of her food with us as well as medication etc...

22 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

I do a lot of town driving with mine and even taking it on a 50mph freeway for 20mins or so is usually enough to do a regen

Agree, I have a 10 minute commute each way to work and stopping to turn into where we live its warmed up enough to see if its doing a regen which it does once a week on average. Sometimes I just keep going for another 5 kms as it's twisty and a bit of fun and then turn around and its done by the time I get home. Otherwise just leave it and its sorts itself out later on, i.e.  longer drive up the hill in the weekend etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snala said:

Agree, I have a 10 minute commute each way to work and stopping to turn into where we live its warmed up enough to see if its doing a regen which it does once a week on average. Sometimes I just keep going for another 5 kms as it's twisty and a bit of fun and then turn around and its done by the time I get home. Otherwise just leave it and its sorts itself out later on, i.e.  longer drive up the hill in the weekend etc.

Yep, I haven’t been to the UK in a long time - surely the traffic isn’t that bad that a short freeway stint without being in stop and go traffic can’t be done on a fairly regular basis?

• Like 1

On 01/10/2020 at 05:12, skomaz said:

Kodiaq or Karoq - we know the risks and issues around diesels / DPF's and short journeys 

don't get the Karoq. objectively great car, but a real dog to look at, from all angles. mine's a kodiaq RS. 30,000 km driven mainly in town - only one regen alert, took a 20 min drive to clear

• Like 1

On 11/09/2020 at 20:22, CFB said:but changing from 20 years of diesel ownership to petrol is going to take some getting used to. I’m missing the mid range torque!

Was my biggest worry after having a Merc ML250 AMG pack diesel, but It didn’t take long to get used to it, I now prefer the 2.0TSI. Had a 210HP Tiguan R-Line 2.0TSI which was a dream to drive as well. So fair to say I don’t miss the diesel at all.

Hello all,  Not sure I can post in here just yet, but put a payment down on a Sportline 190 2.0Tdi in Velvet Red yesterday. Pick it up next weekend.  Sad to see the Superb go but 5 years of loyal service without missing a beat is what I hope the Kodi will match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there picked up new Moon White Metallic Sportline today. 150brake DSG. 

Love it already. Great to look and surprisingly fast for me. 

Cant get my head around 2 Type C USB ports instead of standard USB ports. Any thoughts anyone?? 

Has the new 21 spec, new steering wheel etc. 

• 1 month later...

Just joining this from from wet Sydney Australia :-)

Just took delivery of MY21 Kodiaq RS in race blue. Fantastic car, but only done 30 kays so far, so not really experienced it.

Hoping to get some help on a few questions, so I hope I post in the right section.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my first Kodiaq. 2.0 TSI Laurin & Klement 190bhp DSG 4WD with Drivers Assistance Pack, Virtual Cockpit, Pan Roof. 
Only had it a couple of days and have hardly been out in it with lockdown. 
Still trying to figure out all the gadgets. 

058DF230-162A-418A-BE50-34129D0D1CB1.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Swapped my Superb Estate for this brute this afternoon, Sportline Diesel. Very impressed already. Lets see how it stands up to the double threat of my 2 under 5's and work as an operational vehicle for the Electricity Board! :wacko:

20210305_195416.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Changing our diesel Yeti for a used petrol Bear next week. Sad to see the YETI go but a petrol car will suit our revised motoring needs better. Loved the test drive and looking forward to owning a 6th Skoda. 

67E4DE00-094D-4E7D-8A43-3F0B1AB51AD8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

And finally got it...   Only a 1.4 TSI act 4x4 SE with a few extras but very pleased so far...

Just need to make a few tweaks with vcds or similar.

IMG_20210513_190449_1.jpg