Direct download links for ECE 2017/2018 maps

On 9 mei 2017 at 23:16, TimmyB said:

I'd be interested to hear if the download works on your MIB2 Amundsen - the original post said it was for MIB1, so I was holding off on downloading it.

Tried it yesterday with my Amundsen MIB2, didn't work. Navi keeps asking for the location where the files are stored. I used a freshly formatted 32Gb sd card, full format.

On 5/8/2017 at 15:38, TimmyB said:

I think the discover media is exactly the same as the Amundsen - you could try putting on the maps for that if you can find them? As long as you make a copy of the existing files on your SD card then you can put it back to how it was before without losing anything.

I know when I looked at the maps data for my previous update it contained images and icons for Skoda, Seat and VW so seemed to be a single update file that could run on any of the systems.

Hi there 

i tried the VW maps on my columbus sKODA vrs 2015 but didn't work it has a completely different file structure.

thanks

2 hours ago, Stitch15 said:

Tried it yesterday with my Amundsen MIB2, didn't work. Navi keeps asking for the location where the files are stored. I used a freshly formatted 32Gb sd card, full format.

I thought you had to use the original Skoda SD card?

4 hours ago, Stitch15 said:

1 hour ago, Miz said:

I thought you had to use the original Skoda SD card?

1 hour ago, Stitch15 said:

I'm not sure...

Genuine Skoda card required for Amundsen, yes.

6 hours ago, meero80 said:

Hi there 

i tried the VW maps on my columbus sKODA vrs 2015 but didn't work it has a completely different file structure.

thanks

Did you try discover media or discover pro maps? I think media = Amundsen, pro = Columbus 

Anyone know when the official maps for Skoda are due to be released?
I never have my VIN to hand when I check the Skoda Update Portal.

5 hours ago, Gabbo said:

Anyone know when the official maps for Skoda are due to be released?
I never have my VIN to hand when I check the Skoda Update Portal.

It says it`s scheduled in June 2017, but I doubt it will be ready. I have Amundsen MIB2

Is it just for me or somebody else gets the same:

- when I type in my VIN number and press search I get the Czech Republic and Slovakia ECE 1 2017 maps to download??? :blink: I am in the UK :D

Edited by imikk3
typo error

thanks, yeah they are normally a month or so late but as VW have already released their version perhaps it wont be so delayed.

In the end it is exactly the same map data.

On 2017-5-15 at 16:43, meero80 said:

Hi there 

thanks

In which case you did something wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigjim73 said:

Skoda update portal updated on Monday that new maps would not be available until November now :angry:

Version is still ECE 1 2017 (12,00GB)

The bi-annual Skoda mess up of the map update portal. Those ECE 2017 maps for the Columbus were released last July on the portal, so Skoda haven't actually provided any MIB1 Columbus map updates for almost a year!

On update portal for half a year there was announcement for my Amundsen that new maps will be released in May. Yesterday I have checked, it is still same file from December, but announcement is now for November.

Regarding SD card, my original Škoda card was late, so dealer has given me maps in ordinary Samsung SD card. I have managed to update myself manually this card, and later my original Škoda card (ZIP downloaded via portal, then unpacked with 7zip directly to SD card).

Even thou I used the update from aki78 B) which works perfectly, when I check on the Skoda update portal & enter my VIN no: I get the following message?

[GeneralError, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index]

Used Amundsen MIB1 update, forgot to change the packet size but all that happened was it wouldn't load Ukraine, it still seems to work fine. When I get a minute I'll probably sort out out properly though.

Good find considering updates on the official site are hopeless.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the system update or does it have to be done by the dealer? Thanks

I just used the maps update from VW maps website on my Skoda SD card and it works perfectly.

Now why Skoda UK don't have the balls to put the firmware updates for Amundsen & Columbus systems on there especially as you need your vehicle's VIN to access it I don't know. VW do it, because I had a 25Gb download for what turned out to be maps and firmware for Discover Pro sat nav system.

• Like 1

Don't know, I'd want to see the proper firmware before risking doing a firmware update to an Amundsen or Columbus system, I can't afford to turn one into a very expensive brick.

Sat nav data isn't an issue as it's unlikely to turn your system into a brick as it just won't be recognised.

Talking about updates, can someone tell me how to add/update media codecs on Bolero MIB1.

and where to find them ?

I would like to be able to play flac files.

/FWH

7 hours ago, Computex said:

Talking about updates, can someone tell me how to add/update media codecs on Bolero MIB1.

and where to find them ?

I would like to be able to play flac files.

/FWH

I don't believe adding media codecs is possible. You'll likely need to convert it to a format the Bolero can play, or stream it via Bluetooth from a device that can play flac.

Hi all

Did anyone figure out where to find out ROW for 2016 or 2017 to update my columbus on my RS 2015. The website now says " Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index]"

thanks

• 2 weeks later...