Modifying Your Fabia MK III

There are different versions of this sensor, some have two sensors on the board. One sensor for sunlight for the A/C and a light sensor. Looks like yours only has one sensor for the Sunlight penetration.

25 minutes ago, Andymod said:

There are different versions of this sensor, some have two sensors on the board. One sensor for sunlight for the A/C and a light sensor. Looks like yours only has one sensor for the Sunlight penetration.

thanks will order the correct sensor 

7 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Found an interesting 3" sport cat exhaust for the 1.2tsi (it says the 1.4 but they're both the same), v-band joints for easy assembly too :o

https://www.vwvortex.com/aftermarket-and-industry-news/unitronic-3-downpipe-stage-2-performance-software-1-4tsi-ea211-release/

Ive also seen this before its a bit cheaper. im not sure if the mounts are in the same place on the golf

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950860359.html

22 hours ago, PixiTrabi said:

Hello,

The description includes which sensor you need.  at first I took a bad one too.

do you know anywhere that does reasonable delivery times. one ive found on ebay says mid july

26 minutes ago, cm9876 said:

do you know anywhere that does reasonable delivery times. one ive found on ebay says mid july

For me, he got the sensor, 6V0 907 451 A, and A is very important because there are several types of it!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/vwmodul_de?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Hi everyone, hope you're all well in these strange times! I think I'm going to keep the Skoda Fabia and use the extra money I would've spent on an Audi TT for air suspension!

Aside from that though, I got an email recently to say my warranty was coming to an end and I could pay to continue it. However, I'm not sure if it's worth it as I've modified the car. Am I right in thinking this way? I'm under the impression that any sort of modification invalidates your warranty.

Hope you guys can shed some light on this!

1 minute ago, Lemto said:

Hi everyone, hope you're all well in these strange times! I think I'm going to keep the Skoda Fabia and use the extra money I would've spent on an Audi TT for air suspension!

Aside from that though, I got an email recently to say my warranty was coming to an end and I could pay to continue it. However, I'm not sure if it's worth it as I've modified the car. Am I right in thinking this way? I'm under the impression that any sort of modification invalidates your warranty.

From what I've read it doesn't invalidate the whole warranty. If something failed they would have to prove that your modification caused the failure. If you got air suspension and your turbo failed you'd still be covered for the turbo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steslatt said:

From what I've read it doesn't invalidate the whole warranty. If something failed they would have to prove that your modification caused the failure. If you got air suspension and your turbo failed you'd still be covered for the turbo.

That makes complete sense, thanks for that @steslatt!

18 minutes ago, Lemto said:

https://instagram.com/skodamk3?igshid=1ou3e2fetwt1m

Maybe ask this guy for more info, i think he is on bags for over a year 😁 kinda looks like a 500 abarth from the back, am i crazy? 😁

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, krdza_vRS said:

https://instagram.com/skodamk3?igshid=1ou3e2fetwt1m

Maybe ask this guy for more info, i think he is on bags for over a year 😁 kinda looks like a 500 abarth from the back, am i crazy? 😁

Don't worry, I've been following him for quite a while now. Think he's changing to an Octavia VRS! I personally like how it looks from the back, as for the airbags I just want them for the ease of mind. I want the car low but I don't want to be worried when in precarious lowered car situations lol!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cm9876 said:

Ive also seen this before its a bit cheaper. im not sure if the mounts are in the same place on the golf

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950860359.html

It's the same mounting points for the 1.2/1.4 on any MQB or MQB-ish car, quite handy. Just saw that myself too, not sure how much i'd trust a chinese exhaust to pass MOT though

1 hour ago, xensnow said:

7CCB3CA6-BC57-4A8C-BEA3-982633A96073.jpeg

Vibra Technics engine mounts. I did the gearbox and engine ones, and swapped the dogbone mount with a stiffer one from a diesel. Engine is very stable and it hugely improved the handling of the car. Idle is a tad louder and going past 4k rpms is louder too.

There is vibra technics dogbone too, but i had a powerflex dogbone bush in there before and that rattled the whole car at idle, the vibra might be better at absorbing the vibrations but for now at least i don't wanna try as i still daily it. The two other vibra upper mounts and a diesel dogbone have been great for me, i only get slight wheelhop when really trying hard in the dry from a clutch dump, but then again i'm still running 90ps map so that might change when mapped.

As for an LSD, Quaife do one and i've heard they are very good, our gearboxes are of 02T type so look for that when looking for LSDs.

21 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Vibra Technics engine mounts. I did the gearbox and engine ones, and swapped the dogbone mount with a stiffer one from a diesel. Engine is very stable and it hugely improved the handling of the car. Idle is a tad louder and going past 4k rpms is louder too.

There is vibra technics dogbone too, but i had a powerflex dogbone bush in there before and that rattled the whole car at idle, the vibra might be better at absorbing the vibrations but for now at least i don't wanna try as i still daily it. The two other vibra upper mounts and a diesel dogbone have been great for me, i only get slight wheelhop when really trying hard in the dry from a clutch dump, but then again i'm still running 90ps map so that might change when mapped.

As for an LSD, Quaife do one and i've heard they are very good, our gearboxes are of 02T type so look for that when looking for LSDs.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Do you have a web site so i can contact them for the vibra? Cause only i can find is for the past models !! 

24 minutes ago, xensnow said:

Thanks for the fast answer.

Do you have a web site so i can contact them for the vibra? Cause only i can find is for the past models !! 

The parts are all the same from the past model,

VAG200M

VAG210M

VAG220M

I got mine from eBay as that was the cheapest at the time. Listed for Ibiza 6L or something but they're exactly the same part.

Darkside Developments have them, i haven't looked at any other sites though.

Vibra Technics Mounts

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vibra-technics-engine-and-gearbox-mounts-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia.html

Quaife LSD

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/skoda-fabia-02t-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential

14 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

The parts are all the same from the past model,

VAG200M

VAG210M

VAG220M

I got mine from eBay as that was the cheapest at the time. Listed for Ibiza 6L or something but they're exactly the same part.

Darkside Developments have them, i haven't looked at any other sites though.

Vibra Technics Mounts

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/vibra-technics-engine-and-gearbox-mounts-for-seat-ibiza-vw-polo-skoda-fabia.html

Quaife LSD

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/skoda-fabia-02t-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential

Thank so much , i will upload track video by the end of the day !!!

1 minute ago, xensnow said:

Thank so much , i will upload track video by the end of the day !!!

Something last , i will upgrade all the bushings to power flex ones the black series you think it’s going to be fine ? Track use only !!!

2 minutes ago, xensnow said:

Something last , i will upgrade all the bushings to power flex ones the black series you think it’s going to be fine ? Track use only !!!

Future plans , front and back swaybars fronts from st suspensions and the coilovel kit back sway bar from white line and then aiming to 200hp from 1.4 tsi turbo !!! 

10 minutes ago, xensnow said:

Future plans , front and back swaybars fronts from st suspensions and the coilovel kit back sway bar from white line and then aiming to 200hp from 1.4 tsi turbo !!! 

You'll want to get that 1.4tsi turbo hybrided, should be able to get 210 ish out of that along with a good decat pipe and intake (about 30 more than the 1.2 turbo when hybrided about 180bhp), you miiight want to look at bigger injectors at that point. The turbo needs to be from a 140/150ps variant, otherwise its just the same as whats on your 1.2 already. Injectors i guess will be more of a hassle to find but id bet places like darkside development and jbsautodesigns can help you out there.

Powerflex bushes on suspension are great, i only did the large bush on the front wishbones and left everything else standard, you might get an improvement from the shock top mounts and arb bushes, but the large wishbone bush has the most difference (makes steering feel so so so accurate and responsive its amazing).

For the rear beam, you could go powerflex on the large pivot bushes there too, itll stiffen it up alot and make it easier to feel what the back end is doing but it might actually introduce oversteer sooner but itll be more controllable (the stock bushes have a little flex and they give a bit of rear wheel steering which actually helps to keep the wheels planted longer but may snap out more violently when it does)

hardrace do a nice arb upgrade for front and rear, 22mm/17mm front/back i think, stock is 18mm/0mm.

stx by kw coilovers are same as KW v1's, but don't have as good rust protection, they're height adjustable but that's it, if you want more you're looking at a more expensive kit from KW like v2 or v3. Idk any other coilover kits off hand (bilstein maybe but haven't seen anything more than the height-adjustable one)

2 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

You'll want to get that 1.4tsi turbo hybrided, should be able to get 210 ish out of that along with a good decat pipe and intake (about 30 more than the 1.2 turbo when hybrided about 180bhp), you miiight want to look at bigger injectors at that point. The turbo needs to be from a 140/150ps variant, otherwise its just the same as whats on your 1.2 already. Injectors i guess will be more of a hassle to find but id bet places like darkside development and jbsautodesigns can help you out there.

Powerflex bushes on suspension are great, i only did the large bush on the front wishbones and left everything else standard, you might get an improvement from the shock top mounts and arb bushes, but the large wishbone bush has the most difference (makes steering feel so so so accurate and responsive its amazing).

For the rear beam, you could go powerflex on the large pivot bushes there too, itll stiffen it up alot and make it easier to feel what the back end is doing but it might actually introduce oversteer sooner but itll be more controllable (the stock bushes have a little flex and they give a bit of rear wheel steering which actually helps to keep the wheels planted longer but may snap out more violently when it does)

hardrace do a nice arb upgrade for front and rear, 22mm/17mm front/back i think, stock is 18mm/0mm.

stx by kw coilovers are same as KW v1's, but don't have as good rust protection, they're height adjustable but that's it, if you want more you're looking at a more expensive kit from KW like v2 or v3. Idk any other coilover kits off hand (bilstein maybe but haven't seen anything more than the height-adjustable one)

I talked with a tuner here and he told me , to make a new downpipe then the 1.4 turbo he’s going to be refurbished and do some other changes (something about a hybrid i lost track there😑) , new intecooler he’s going to block the water cooler to install interooler , they said i can make like 250-80bhp but i don’t want to put much pressures to my engine, my old turbo they 1.2 is maxed right now to achieve the 150bhp 1.3 or 1.5 i can’t remember correctly uhm i think that’s it if i’m not wrong.

31 minutes ago, xensnow said:

I talked with a tuner here and he told me , to make a new downpipe then the 1.4 turbo he’s going to be refurbished and do some other changes (something about a hybrid i lost track there😑) , new intecooler he’s going to block the water cooler to install interooler , they said i can make like 250-80bhp but i don’t want to put much pressures to my engine, my old turbo they 1.2 is maxed right now to achieve the 150bhp 1.3 or 1.5 i can’t remember correctly uhm i think that’s it if i’m not wrong.

The 1.2TSI has been proven to be capable of 250bhp+ with stock internals, but that's not reliable for any kind of long term use. You'd want to have the pistons, rods, crank all billet/forged, probably stiffer valve springs for higher max rpm too, and maybe a higher profile cam for more lift on the valves. After that the sky's the limit.

The turbo needs to be hybrided (larger compressor wheel but same exhaust turbine), the larger turbo from the 1.4 flows better on the exhaust side, it gives more top end power, but will introduce slightly more lag.

For exhaust you'd be making a new downpipe probably in 3" diameter pipe, replacing the cat, post cat, resonator and muffler for a complete straightpipe through to the end.

I believe the 90PS is stock 0.6bar, and the 110PS is 0.85bar, the usual stage1 tune takes it to about 1.2bar boost, giving 130bhp-150bhp depending on if decat and what intake you've got on it. Hybrid turbo takes it to roughly 1.5bar for 180bhp, or 200-210bhp ish with the 1.4 turbo (about the same boost, but it can hold it for higher rpms where the smaller turbo drops off). Beyond that i can't say.

Nobody really knows how much timing or boost the 1.2/1.4 can take before it pushes the head gasket. It'll probably break something else first though if the other internals are stock. If you're going much over 200, definitely look at getting some upgraded rods/pistons.

As for intercooler, as stock that's built onto the intake manifold (its water cooled), to replace with a front-mount you'd need to do some custom fabrication making a new manifold, and all the pipework to get the air from the turbo to the fmic, then back up to the manifold. Best bet is probably to do a second cooling loop so its being fed cooler water.

I did look quite extensively into doing all this to a 1.2, but found ultimately it'd probably be easier to do an engine swap to a 1.4tsi (same ecu, same harness and everything, it's practically plug and play if you get the right engine code), the 1.4tsi gets a whole lot more torque (350nm vs like 250-260nm), and a bit more power (30-50 more), and do all the described modifications to that and achieve 300bhp. (that also has the advantage that you can still use the car whilst building the engine lol)

That said i'm looking at a having a 2.0T custom built to work with my ECU, get around 600bhp and be completely reliable (so i can have it as a fun daily driver which can go fast as heck if i want it to), that won't be for a few years though, i may pop in a 1.4TSI if my 1.2 ever dies before then, modify that and call it a day.