vRS245 ordered club

I feel quite lucky as I'm 20 mile away from the Dealer who ordered the car, I am hoping I can turn up and view the car with only PDI miles on it and get the 'new car' experience with the stupid cover over it.

8 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

So in the case of a "transporter" it will just be the driver of the said lorry that alright mate, heres your keys, cya! 

Just be a new experience as I have always picked up from the dealer :biggrin:

Mine was like that haha.

I asked him about certain features of the car and he said "Oh I dont know".

I then found out he doesnt work for Skoda lol. But yes was a case of him saying heres the keys cya

The idea of some dude delivering the car annoys me a bit, especially with a car with some chooch they may have given it a proper razzing on the way to deliver it.    With that being a possibility you may as well go down the 'hard break in' route :D

1 minute ago, buaan said:

The idea of some dude delivering the car annoys me a bit, especially with a car with some chooch they may have given it a proper razzing on the way to deliver it.    With that being a possibility you may as well go down the 'hard break in' route :D

Pretty sure mine was ragged on the way up from the dealership. It had averaged 35mpg over the 135 miles. I can get more than that on my 13 mile commute at 70mph

Edited by matt9407

I asked the nice lady at the dealer, she said "the vehicles are usually delivered on a single transporter, so there should just be your vehicle to drop off.  The drivers are pretty good and can answer most questions, however if there is something particular you need to know or have a question about, and they can’t help, then of course just let me know"

2 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

I asked the nice lady at the dealer, she said "the vehicles are usually delivered on a single transporter, so there should just be your vehicle to drop off.  The drivers are pretty good and can answer most questions, however if there is something particular you need to know or have a question about, and they can’t help, then of course just let me know"

Sounds like your dealer offers a better delivery service than mine!

2 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Sounds like your dealer offers a better delivery service than mine!

I fully expect mine to be hammered down from up north but no harder than the demo cars I'm currently running so I'm not worried. Beware when buying ex demo cars or 'management' cars as these have been driven harder than most.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I fully expect mine to be hammered down from up north but no harder than the demo cars I'm currently running so I'm not worried. Beware when buying ex demo cars or 'management' cars as these have been driven harder than most.

Yeah the Skoda dealer by me had a 230 that the Fleet Manager was driving and I asked if I could have a look at it just to see what they are like and what not. When I went out the sales guy started saying how bad it is on fuel etc and that it cost them X amount of money to do 40 odd miles and my immediate thoughts were well you are clearly driving it like you dont give a ****!

2 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Yeah the Skoda dealer by me had a 230 that the Fleet Manager was driving and I asked if I could have a look at it just to see what they are like and what not. When I went out the sales guy started saying how bad it is on fuel etc and that it cost them X amount of money to do 40 odd miles and my immediate thoughts were well you are clearly driving it like you dont give a ****!

That's the advantage of having a fuel card and not having to care about running costs or maintenance. I'm going to miss it.

18 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

But NOT all

29 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Foggy reduces vision, not so good at higher speeds

You don't need higher speeds to fell the increased acceleration in lower gears :thumbup:

6 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

GUYS emergency I need advice.

Preston have just called me about a demonstrator they have.

3k miles

£3k down

£370 a month

2 services included

THEN the sales manager called and offered

£331.86

4 years

£3000

2 services

tank of gas

what the hell do I do? - Iv put an order in for a lease to come in march but that is £180 a month 2.4.k down in advance.

IV ONLY GOT 15 MINUITES TO CALL HIM BACK HELP!

Is it Simpsons? Those ******s weren't interested in my business when I went there recently.

Claimed not to even have a VRS of any kind, despite there being a couple right outside.

2 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Pretty sure mine was ragged on the way up from the dealership. It had averaged 35mpg over the 135 miles. I can get more than that on my 13 mile commute at 70mph

I think 35mpg in a 245 suggests fairly gentle treatment. I have seen 38mpg on mine but only on the M25 with variable limits set to 40-60. I haven't managed 30mpg out of a tankful yet.   Still I suppose it depends what you call "ragged".  

13 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I think 35mpg in a 245 suggests fairly gentle treatment. I have seen 38mpg on mine but only on the M25 with variable limits set to 40-60. I haven't managed 30mpg out of a tankful yet.   Still I suppose it depends what you call "ragged".  

Not seen over 30mpg yet, not what I call Ragged

30 minutes ago, juan27 said:

I easily get over 35