vRS245 ordered club

If orders for the 245 are closed full stop then that means an even higher powered model is on the way surely? It would be strange to have no halo model when the car isn't due to be replaced for another few years yet.

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

If orders for the 245 are closed full stop then that means an even higher powered model is on the way surely? It would be strange to have no halo model when the car isn't due to be replaced for another few years yet.

Let’s hope so. With Seat now getting 300PS & 4WD, an Octy with 280PS & 4WD isn’t unimaginable - especially considering Skoda uses the engine already. 

Fingers crossed! 

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

The deals were likely put up, get get a big lump of orders to finish the production run, its rumoured the 245 order book has been shut.

Oh & for all you guys awaiting a 245 I can confirm, they are worth the wait, you may want to tinker a little with them to get a bit more outta them but, well worth the wait none the less

What would you suggest?

I've not gone for dcc so was thinking some eibach springs as I've read this helps a lot with it being dsg . Ride I'm ok with, my mk1 was on some skinny tyres and coilovers.

Tuning box, possibly further down the line.

12 hours ago, dunc69 said:

Let’s hope so. With Seat now getting 300PS & 4WD, an Octy with 280PS & 4WD isn’t unimaginable - especially considering Skoda uses the engine already. 

Fingers crossed! 

The Superb Sportline 280 4x4 already has this so it's not out of the realms of possibility. I nearly switched to an already available one of these whilst getting impatient for my VRS 245. Still half-wishing I'd gone for it now as I really would have liked the 4WD.

48 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

How much does the tuning box change the urgency of the car?

Also how much are they!  Not even got the car yet, but an extra 45bhp (circa 20% increase??) sounds well worth it.

Check out here and if any questions, the chat box on the page is really helpful:

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tuning/car/skoda/octavia-iii-from-2012-onwards/2-0-tsi-rs-245ps180kw-1984-ccm/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michaelg17 said:

The Superb Sportline 280 4x4 already has this so it's not out of the realms of possibility. I nearly switched to an already available one of these whilst getting impatient for my VRS 245. Still half-wishing I'd gone for it now as I really would have liked the 4WD.

I almost did the same but the cost once spec'd up was crazy, like £600pcm crazy.

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I almost did the same but the cost once spec'd up was crazy, like £600pcm crazy.

Yeah I think it would have worked out £548 pcm (but was one readily available, not with all the extras I might have requested but I could have lived with it I'm sure) but then my VRS will be about that figure apparently (although based on p/x'ing my Fabia rather the Octavia Estate which is my current plan). Still think it seems a bit high mind you.

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Yeah I think it would have worked out £548 pcm (but was one readily available, not with all the extras I might have requested but I could have lived with it I'm sure) but then my VRS will be about that figure apparently (although based on p/x'ing my Fabia rather the Octavia Estate which is my current plan). Still think it seems a bit high mind you.

Crumbs, my vRS is £450 fully speced (except ACC) with only a grand down. 

Yeah mines is a grand down, with Canton, DCC, DSG, sunroof & winter pack (i.e. heated seats, screen, headlight washers etc). I think they are maybe undervaluing my p/x so that there's negative equity. I might look into other options (e.g. we buy any car, tootle.com) to sell it in advance and if any change left from clearing PCP, put that down as a deposit too.

Just now, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I know, with options on PCH you have to pay for them all so for me its the total cost of options over only 24 months.

Yeah I think mines is over 42 months. I think I will investigate if this can be negotiated down nearer the time as agree - I had originally considered a BMW 530 Touring and it was about the same!

1 minute ago, michaelg17 said:

Yeah mines is a grand down, with Canton, DCC, DSG, sunroof & winter pack (i.e. heated seats, screen, headlight washers etc). I think they are maybe undervaluing my p/x so that there's negative equity. I might look into other options (e.g. we buy any car, tootle.com) to sell it in advance and if any change left from clearing PCP, put that down as a deposit too.

I'd do that for sure! I wouldn't P/X, all of the dealers tried telling us that's the wife's C1 was £1500 in neg. We VT'd it with citroen for £70.

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I know, with options on PCH you have to pay for them all so for me its the total cost of options over only 24 months.

Oh I didnt know that! Now I understand why originally speccing Meteor Grey put it up £15 a month

13 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I'd do that for sure! I wouldn't P/X, all of the dealers tried telling us that's the wife's C1 was £1500 in neg. We VT'd it with citroen for £70.

What does VT'd mean?