vRS245 ordered club

2 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Try the Skoda chat for an update - they’ll confirm your order and whether any build date has been set.  If you don’t get one raise a formal complaint so you get a case manager appointed and weekly updates.

also are you 100% sure your order was accepted?  My understanding is lease orders had to be placed by latest 11th Nov. The order system officially closed for leases on fri 10th but I was lucky as I had an open quote on the system so was able to ‘complete and submit’ my order on the 11th through a skoda dealer.  Other lease companies and dealers told me the system was closed so they coukdn’t Quote or take orders. My order was then accepted by the factory on the 14th.  I had wk 22 build confirmed to me last week, so you may be in a similar boat to me time wise. I’ve ordered red hatch (no options). 

I do know some lease companies were still taking orders after the 11th Nov but not sure how they are going to fulfil, unless they’d already ordered prior to the date and were then just filling the slots but that seems a risky strategy given the tiny margins available.

hope you’re okay - just try the chat route to confirm

Hi, thanks for the advice. 

Shortly after posting earlier I got confirmation from the lease company that the car went into production this week and I should expect delivery around the first week of April. 

I'm in no great rush but at least I know how long I have to get my current car tidied up and advertised to be sold. 

Even more excited now! 

Good luck everyone else. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shak245 said:

Hi, thanks for the advice. 

Shortly after posting earlier I got confirmation from the lease company that the car went into production this week and I should expect delivery around the first week of April. 

I'm in no great rush but at least I know how long I have to get my current car tidied up and advertised to be sold. 

Even more excited now! 

Good luck everyone else. 

That’s great news... enjoy counting down the days

6 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Assume yours wasn’t a lease deal if you ordered on 20th?  Believe from speaking to customer services that all 245s need to be built before end of June so you may get it sooner than you think

Yep it is a lease deal 

5 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Wow... they actually told you June when you ordered in November??

Damn.. when i ordered mid October, those lying gits told me March :)

Still, hire car will keep me company til my VRs arrives.

Just checked my email confirmation and it says June/July delivery estimate 

3 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

In 2017, Model changeover was week 22 which was w/c 29 May. Wouldn’t expect it to change much in 2018

390600AC-7BFD-4873-8535-22D138718CB9.jpeg

Raised this with the customer service / complaints lady on Thursday as my 245 is now confirmed as bw22 and want to know which model i’ll get.  She’s gonna check and come back.  

Today was a good day (mostly)!...  Finally went to pick my 245 DSG in red up :)

Spent a lot of the day in the car. I must say that I'm extremely impressed with the car. It's an absolute joy to drive and feels like a quality product. The seats are beautiful and the best visual feature of the car for me. Inside is laid out so nicely and the infotainment is excellent and easy to use. The acceleration of the car is quite frankly effortless and puts a big smile on my face for sure! It has the potential to easily be a licence-loser if you're not careful! The car is not specced with DCC - the car is stiffer than your usual 5 door hatch, but it's more than acceptable. Oh and I've made sure to test the electro/mechanical diff out - works amazingly well and is actually quite subtle in operation compared to the fully mechanical Quaife in my Fabia, which can snatch you inwards quite violently in comparison. The diff really does inspire you with confidence - the car hasn't easily lost grip despite being FWD, and it has been lashing it down all afternoon. Brakes work very well (not tried anything too daring yet) and I'm pleased to report that they are not over-servo'd - a problem many newer cars have in my opinion.

To sum up, the car is an amazing day to day car - it doesn't excel at any area of performance, but it does everything so well that I think it would be difficult to beat.

My one bad point of the day is that I thought I'd chipped the front grille on the motorway on the way home. However, upon inspection of pictures I took at the dealership on collection, it appears it was already chipped!! :wondering::angry:  Not very pleased about this. I did give the car the once over, but must have missed this. I zoomed in on the grille in the pictures and low and behold it was there to see. Will be getting in touch with the dealer tomorrow and see what they come back with. It's a damn good job that I took pictures!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, berry78 said:

Picking my Black 245 DSG tomorrow ordered on the 7th Nov. 2017. Only option fitted is heated windscreen. Build week was mid February.

Guys don't forget to check oil consumption mine has used 1/2 litre in 7 months and 6980 miles, just topped up with Castrol Edge long life supplied by Skoda dealer at £12 per litre. Nice surprise when I checked when 1st service due in another 10,600 miles! Finally tried out the lap timer before re-map tomorrow which showed 50-70mph in 5th gear took 5.8 seconds and 50-100mph in 4th gear took an astonishing 9.5 seconds using Shell V-Power. Will compare again after AMD re-map in Essex.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njr911 said:

Mine is getting built this week! Meteor Grey - the missus saw one and hates the colour lol

Just returned from AmD in Grays, Essex and can confirm as standard my VRS245 running on Shell V-Power engine produced 248.6 bhp @5029 rpm and torque was a very healthy 294.8 lb/ft @2656 rpm. Now after a custom re-map only with factory air filter and exhaust it produces 302.1 bhp @5457 rpm and 345.1 lb/ft @2788 rpm. Just to show economy not affected got 43.5 mpg as standard on 130 mile trip there and 46.0 mpg going home with 302 bhp to play with.

• Like 2

Is it too cheeky of me to ask how much of a discount you have got/ what you have paid for those who have bought?

I have just been offered a very low mileage 245 for £21,750 and am weighing up whether i should go for it, or wait until the order books reopen.

Edited by chuno

3 minutes ago, chuno said:

Is it too cheeky of me to ask how much of a discount you have got/ what you have paid for those who have bought?

I have just been offered a very low mileage 245 for £21,750 and am weighing up whether i should go for it, or wait until the order books reopen.

Doesnt happen to be my old one does it lol? Think mine was up for that much

52 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Doesnt happen to be my old one does it lol? Think mine was up for that much

Where was yours up for sale?

1 hour ago, chuno said:

Which Skoda dealer?  Sounds a good deal but depends on how low the mileage is and whether any options.  You could pick up a brand new manual 6 spd for less than £24k if you paid cash

3 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Which Skoda dealer?  Sounds a good deal but depends on how low the mileage is and whether any options.  You could pick up a brand new manual 6 spd for less than £24k if you paid cash.

Do you mean a brand new 245 for cash? Obviously can't order one now though.

Bristol Street Motors. Mileage is 2k. No options. Only think that's putting me off is i was hoping for brand new and this is a 67 plate.

Edited by chuno

1 hour ago, chuno said:

Do you mean a brand new 245 for cash? Obviously can't order one now though.

Bristol Street Motors. Mileage is 2k. No options. Only think that's putting me off is i was hoping for brand new and this is a 67 plate.

Pm’d you

18 hours ago, njr911 said:

Mine is getting built this week! Meteor Grey - the missus saw one and hates the colour lol

I let the wife pick the colour just to keep her happy and she picked meteor grey......... she hates it too :D we seen one in the flesh the other day 

Edited by Cm11