vRS245 ordered club

@mdbirtles

The points being made are

1. The price difference between a new car and your used car is a lot less than you implied 

2. Optional extras add NOTHING in value to the second hand value of any car, check the Glasses guide if you doubt this

3. Your used car will depreciate by more than £5408 in total cost over the next 2 years again, you can check the Glasses guide

4. The 245 is built to be driven hard, not sure I'd drive my as hard if I owned it

5. Points 2 & 3 do apply to you as you've brought your depreciating asset ops sorry I ment to say car

The future of the car use is not owership whether you like it or not but, so long as you're happy..... crack on

To have had time to think about and reply in this manner, you’ve got issues sunshine pmsl

crack on with yer bog standard pmsl

Edited by mdbirtles

Bit of Donald Trump discussion style here; ignore the facts and issue accusations/call people names.  

Not really the way this forum normally operates thankfully.

I suggest we all move on.

Edited by juan27
  • Like 1

Leased a bog standard VRs ... suits me fine as it has all the basics i need, and does the job - or will do when it arrives!

Old adage is the best one - rent a depreciating asset, own an appreciating one.

Stands true, bar the time i bought a 911 turbo and sold it for 50% more than i paid for it with 10k extra on the clock 16 months later!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2018 at 13:08, chuno said:

I'm in Wrexham with a 245 so not a million miles away from you!

What colour you gone for? I'm sure I've seen a grey one about Wrexham near the train station a couple of times...

I'm there every week (usually weekends to catch up with family), so may see you about! (red one here!)

59 minutes ago, Stephan30 said:

Do you know when your car arrived at port? Mine arrived on 8th June...

Port in Europe I mean, i.e. how long to be loaded on to a boat. 

Mine was at the port 25th May but wasn’t shipped till 11th June!!! Grimsby on the 12th and still not here!!!!

2 hours ago, archie29 said:

Mine was at the port 25th May but wasn’t shipped till 11th June!!! Grimsby on the 12th and still not here!!!!

That's so annoying!  So it will probably be at least a month from when it arrived at port to when you can pick it up. 

I need my car by 13th July for a holiday.  

15 minutes ago, Stephan30 said:

That's so annoying!  So it will probably be at least a month from when it arrived at port to when you can pick it up. 

I need my car by 13th July for a holiday.  

It is m8 it’s a **** take!!!! My last lease car went back in March!! Luckily Skoda are paying for a hire car for me so not all bad

2 hours ago, archie29 said:

It is m8 it’s a **** take!!!! My last lease car went back in March!! Luckily Skoda are paying for a hire car for me so not all bad

Why is it a ****take? Surely that means someone is looking on here at someone getting angrier and angrier that their car hasn't moved and then saying "Don't load that Meteor Grey vRS 245 yet, I want to see him meltdown"

There is a shortage of Car Transporters willing to shift cars at the rates OEM will pay.

On 6/16/2018 at 17:44, alex_e3 said:

What colour you gone for? I'm sure I've seen a grey one about Wrexham near the train station a couple of times...

I'm there every week (usually weekends to catch up with family), so may see you about! (red one here!)

We went red also (best colour!) :)

I've seen a grey one knocking about not far from me, but i think it's a 15 reg.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

Why is it a ****take? Surely that means someone is looking on here at someone getting angrier and angrier that their car hasn't moved and then saying "Don't load that Meteor Grey vRS 245 yet, I want to see him meltdown"

There is a shortage of Car Transporters willing to shift cars at the rates OEM will pay.

It’s a **** take when I ordered the car last October!!!! Then to know it’s in this country and I still can’t have it!! Excuse me for being a little short of patience!!!

1 hour ago, archie29 said:

It’s a **** take when I ordered the car last October!!!! Then to know it’s in this country and I still can’t have it!! Excuse me for being a little short of patience!!!

If you really wanted a VRS245 you should have ordered one in May 2017 and you could have been driving it for the last 10 months like me, but Skoda only contributed £2,000 towards . However those that took 5 or 6 months to decide they wanted one when Skoda's deposit contribution increased to £3,000 shouldn't complain too much as the list price fell to £24,595 with the discount.

1 hour ago, archie29 said:

Having ordered last October that's not even a 3 grand deposit, that a 220 quid a month all in PCH @shyVRS245 & it still makes me laugh when people get angry over a stupidly low prices deal taking some time but, they have free car loan car whilst they wait.

First world problems

BTW @archie29 you need to tune it when you get it, after a couple of days they seem a bit lame in factory spec

• Like 1

So let me get this right @shyVRS245 and @themanwithnoaim because I ordered my car later than you and have obvs paid less! ;) I should be more than happy to wait longer???? Not sure it works like that?? Regardless of discount I’ve still ordered a car that should have been delivered 3 months ago! Oh and it’s £190 a month :)  With regards to tuning @themanwithnoaim I’m considering a DTUK box apparently good for 320BHP!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, archie29 said:

So let me get this right @shyVRS245 and @themanwithnoaim because I ordered my car later than you and have obvs paid less! ;) I should be more than happy to wait longer???? Not sure it works like that?? 

When something looks to good to be true, it generally is 

190 p.m. is that including the deposit ie. All in ?

Edited by themanwithnoaim

I'm amazed the extended lead times and non-availability of the VRS haven't received more press attention. Still reading articles in the motoring press about the VRS which completely ignore the fact that you can't actually order the cars they refer to, and that the VRS230 has gone forever.

http://www.evo.co.uk/skoda/octavia-vrs/21381/skoda-octavia-vrs-estate-review-the-perfect-balance-of-practicality-and

Article published last week.

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I'm amazed the extended lead the extended lead times and non-availability of the VRS haven't received more press attention. Still reading articles in the motoring press about the VRS which completely ignore the fact that you can't actually order the cars they refer to, and that the VRS230 has gone forever.

http://www.evo.co.uk/skoda/octavia-vrs/21381/skoda-octavia-vrs-estate-review-the-perfect-balance-of-practicality-and

Article published last week.

Current lead time problem isn’t Limited to the VRS. Is impacting other Skoda models - skoda chairman confirmed a number of models were currently running with 8 month lead times. Same problem is also hitting Audi, VW and other manufacturers incl Merc so Is not unique. Mainly caused by consumers switching from diesel to petrol and not enough petrol engine supply as market wasn’t expecting the huge shift

Most current supply issues seem to be related to WLTP.

Saw this on LinkedIn, credit to the author Paul Rainbow:

WLTP stands for Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure. After the recent vehicle emissions scandals that have affected most motor manufacturers (Mercedes being the latest to get found out), the industry as a whole will now be subject to WLTP, the new emissions testing procedure.

The old test determined test values based on a theoretical driving profile at steady speeds in a test environment, but manufacturers put hidden programs into the cars software that recognised when it was being tested, altering the settings to give better emission readings and fuel consumption than is possible by even the best drivers. The alterations made the vehicles almost impossible to drive normally, so once the test was over it reverted back to the settings required for usual driving conditions. This allowed them to claim the cars emissions where lower than they actually were, and the MPG was better than it actually was. Governments work out company car tax and road fund licence based on emissions, and fuel consumption swayed buyers, so everyone was being duped.

Enter Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure. The WLTP was developed using real-driving data, gathered from around the world. The data was derived from vehicles actually being driven outside in proper driving conditions that you would expect a vehicle to experience. WLTP therefore better represents everyday driving conditions.

The WLTP is divided into four parts with different average speeds: low, medium, high and extra high. Each part contains a variety of driving phases which include numerous stops, acceleration and braking stages. For a certain car type, each powertrain configuration is tested with WLTP for the car’s lightest (most economical) and heaviest (least economical) version.

WLTP was developed with the aim of being used as a global test bench mark across different world regions, so pollutant and CO2 emissions as well as fuel consumption values would be comparable worldwide. However, while the WLTP has a common global ‘core’, the European Union and other regions will apply the test in different ways depending on their road traffic laws and needs.

HOW THIS IMPACTS THE MANUFACTURERS AND YOU.

The manufacturers are all in a bit of a spin at the moment. At the end of September all new cars coming out of the factories must comply and have the correct emissions and MPG information. After that date, cars in stock but not registered will have to be registered by December 2018 – or scrapped. At the moment only a few cars comply (Volvo being one) or a few models within a marque.

So to avoid the possibility of having to scrap cars, manufacturers have more or less stopped production until they get their range of vehicles to comply. This is why I am having to explain estimated delivery dates of January 2019 to my clients who want certain new cars – there are still cars in the national stock I can draw upon, or will be built before end of September, but they are getting less and less as they are snapped up, and never exactly what a customer has specified.

Vehicle stock tends to be allocated to fleet buyers first, being the biggest customers, and being fleet registered I can draw upon that stock. Being FCA accredited I can quote leasing, PCP, HP or outright purchase on new cars to both companies and private individuals. If you are struggling with your dealer not being able to get you a car - any car, I have no affiliation to any one marque - I can probably help in some way and find you something - if not exactly what you want then as close as we can to it.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke