Delivery Timescales

5 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

Unfortunately I didn't keep transcripts of Live Chat, but I'm sure at least one of them said that it was on the train en route to Emden, which implies that it's left the factory. However, stressing about it won't make any difference, it'll arrive when it arrives - I'm just getting impatient to get my new toy!

I'm in the same boat as you (might even be on the same boat) but with my Golf R, should be here last week of Feb but I've told them to hold off for the 18 plate.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the Skoda live chat folks aren't sick of me now, I've been asking for updates every day since before Christmas :D it went through a spell of moving around almost daily, but now seems to have settled on week 7.  Given we're currently in week 5 I'm hoping it's going to be confirmed any day now!

It's a shame they don't have the ability to enter your SLI number on their website for updates, or some sort of system that emails you automatically when things change - I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to do, don't VW allow you to track your order online?

2 hours ago, Mr Statto said:

Unfortunately I didn't keep transcripts of Live Chat, but I'm sure at least one of them said that it was on the train en route to Emden, which implies that it's left the factory. However, stressing about it won't make any difference, it'll arrive when it arrives - I'm just getting impatient to get my new toy!

I was exactly the same, my frustration was that it sat in the UK for longer than it took to get from the Factory to the UK Port. I'm sure I read or heard from the dealer that the transport company has a service level agreement of two weeks maximum to get a car from the UK port to the dealership, so its possible for a car to sit at the port in the UK for 13 days and the dealership has no control over this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

My VRS will have spent over 3 weeks in the UK port (Grimsby?) and is booked on a transporter for delivery to the Dealers by 14th Feb.

Did you ask for a 18 plate ?

If I was a dealer I wouldn't want to store cars I don't have to

53 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Did you ask for a 18 plate ?

If I was a dealer I wouldn't want to store cars I don't have to

Yep was always going to be 1st March registration. A balancing act to order as late but still guarantee I’d get the car.

My TSI DSG vRS is here, collected it this morning. 

Ordered 18 November 2017

Built 16 January 2018

Transported 17th January 2018

Docked in the UK 22nd January 2018

Delivered to Dealer 28th January 2018

PDI'd 29th January 2018

Collected 31st January 2018

• Thanks 1

Just now, dkvinyls said:

Ordered 18 November 2017

Built 16 January 2018

PDI'd 29th January 2018

Wow, you overtook me at the final hurdle! 3 sleeps to go....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dkvinyls said:

Ordered 18 November 2017

Built 16 January 2018

PDI'd 29th January 2018

Jealous much, you ordered nearly a month after me :crying:

There's no rhythm nor reason to is, is there?  If deliveries were made in order order I think we would all be a lot less pee'd off with the wait!  The car is definitely worth it, it's a shame the infrastructure behind it lets it down!

I'm sure I read somewhere there was a shortage of the smaller petrol engines as no manufacturers had fully anticipated the huge swing from diesel to petrol in the wake of the test scandals.

5 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

There's no rhythm nor reason to is, is there?  If deliveries were made in order order I think we would all be a lot less pee'd off with the wait!  The car is definitely worth it, it's a shame the infrastructure behind it lets it down!

True, although if there are shortages of an item for one type of car you have to reorganize the schedule, hence build weeks about until 2 weeks before build.

I'm pretty sure some dealerships batch their orders so they need less full time admin staff, if you only place factory orders once a week or once a fortnight you can essential add the task to someone else's role.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:37, Mr Statto said:

Apparently ours is now at the port & waiting for a ship - hopefully it'll be on the ship that is currently loadiing

What do you need to ask for an update on delivery on the Skoda Chat?

2 minutes ago, Y3ti said:

What do you need to ask for an update on delivery on the Skoda Chat?

Give them your order number and ask for an update :)

Edited by jtalep

9 minutes ago, jtalep said:

Just your order/SLI number :) ask for an update and give then that and you're all set. 

Thanks. What is the order number format? I have an 8 digit number on my order form that I received from the dealers.

Later edit: It was the 8 digit number. Thanks.

Edited by Y3ti

17 minutes ago, Y3ti said:

Thanks. What is the order number format? I have an 8 digit number on my order form that I received from the dealers.

Later edit: It was the 8 digit number. Thanks.

Yep that should be the one! 

On 1/31/2018 at 11:37, Mr Statto said:

Apparently ours is now at the port & waiting for a ship - hopefully it'll be on the ship that is currently loadiing

And that ship has arrived in Sheerness but Live Chat says our car is still awaiting shipping :wall:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr Statto said:

And that ship has arrived in Sheerness but Live Chat says our car is still awaiting shipping :wall:

The system is 48 hours behind, not in real time. I once had a car saying on ship as I watched it pull into our yard on a transporter. Just chill, it'll get here.

2 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

The system is 48 hours behind, not in real time. I once had a car saying on ship as I watched it pull into our yard on a transporter. Just chill, it'll get here.

I was kind of hoping that would be the case, but after missing the boat last week I'd really love confirmation that it's at least in the country. Got a rare opportunity for a longish run next weekend & would like it before that if possible

11 minutes ago, just music said:

Do you reckon I'll get an order number as my car is being ordered for me to lease? 

Yes you should, mine is leased as well.  Just ask your leasing broker for the order/SLI number and they should give it you :)