Skoda Octavia - Major Design Flaw = Small Windscreen

The claustrophobic feel some may experience is also generated from the fact that VW Group decided to cut costs and make a tiny windscreen.

Yes, that is correct, the Skoda Octavia front window is missing like 12-13 cm of glass in the top section.

I don't understand how such a big car company has so many incompetent people hired that are paid crazy high.

The small windscreen reduces visibility and makes you feel like you look through a tunnel.

In my case, too much of my visual field of view sees the interior roof of the car - instead of the road or the sky.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I advice all people currently interested in Skoda Octavia III buyers to stay away from this car as it has major design flaws and wait maybe for IV version.

• Love it! 1

Can't say I've noticed, if it's true it's probably to put more metal around you.  Generally A-pillars are getting thicker for structural strength.

OP, I'd suggest you lower your seat down to it's lowest setting

Edited by mk4gtiturbo

7 minutes ago, mk4gtiturbo said:

Can't say I've noticed, if it's true it's probably to put more metal around you.  Generally A-pillars are getting thicker for structural strength.

OP, I'd suggest you lower your seat down to it's lowest setting

If you don't have height adjustment you are screwed.

It is still a very design since if you are bothered with the visibility and can't see properly then that car is useless even if it is called Ferrari.

Skoda doesn't need more metal to gain strength, this is a bad excuse.

I didn't buy an Octavia because it felt claustrophobic !

But now i got the major reason why it felt claustrophobic in the first place.

Edited by umbral

dont to be rude but the design flaw must be on your self since the octavia gives you these ideas...

i have never heard of any of the "problems" you mention in your threads so i think the problem is at your end..

i suggest you go and get checked out.

Edited by bytterga

59 minutes ago, umbral said:

I didn't buy an Octavia because it felt claustrophobic !

If you don`t have a Skoda why you bother writing this?

What... The windscreen is plenty big enough.

Isn't this the same guy that trolled about the needles/spikes in a completely out of sight and touch area? And moaned the roofline was too low?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, umbral said:

The claustrophobic feel some may experience is also generated from the fact that VW Group decided to cut costs and make a tiny windscreen.

Yes, that is correct, the Skoda Octavia front window is missing like 12-13 cm of glass in the top section.

I don't understand how such a big car company has so many incompetent people hired that are paid crazy high.

The small windscreen reduces visibility and makes you feel like you look through a tunnel.

In my case, too much of my visual field of view sees the interior roof of the car - instead of the road or the sky.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I advice all people currently interested in Skoda Octavia III buyers to stay away from this car as it has major design flaws and wait maybe for IV version.

if the so called missing section at the top of the screen, is causing you to not see the road, then you really really need to be adjusting your seat.

2 minutes ago, WayTooTall said:

if the so called missing section at the top of the screen, is causing you to not see the road, then you really really need to be adjusting your seat.

Or going to Specsavers.

article-2284175-18472F69000005DC-725_634

"Couldn't see officer because my windscreen is too small, blame Skoda"

Edited by Coops
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, umbral said:

Dumb dumb dumb.

Do one troll

• Like 3

Mine must be a secret panoramic model, because it feels like a goldfish bowl the windscreen is that big.

If you want a letterbox, try something like an Alfa Romeo GTV. I struggled to see some traffic lights the windscreen was that short. Did mean I rarely used the sun visors though!

I hear that forcing a cut up check pattern cotton shirt into your fuel tank gives you around 70 horsepower and provides around 20mpg more to casual driving.

It must however be a check pattern shirt and 100% cotton, plain white or polyester mix just won't do; the size when cut is also irrelevant, just jam it down the spout.  

Maybe something to try out after you have removed the needles from your dash and adjusted your seat height :)

• Like 2

when I 1st got my mk3 I was a bit concerned about how much windscreen the mirror and associated gubbins took up, (cameras, sensors etc..) but has never bothered me in the real world. I'm more bothered about the absolutely rubbish Amundsen infotainment system and general poor quality of materials and fitment execution used on the car. I was a more happy with the quality of my old mk2 Blackline I had even though the 230 is a better looking car, not much difference in performance either!

I guess I'm stuck with it for the next 2 1/2 years now anyway so will have to make the best of it somehow!