AMD's 2 litre 304bhp 162mph Fabia Monte Carlo TDi *6 speed conversion*

AMD87

4 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Everything 

BD1ACB7C-105E-4C33-A0C4-B0AA5773A526.jpeg

imageproxy_php.jpeg.bbfda133874553195043c94c976e649d.jpeg

sorry my mate I'm easy to get confused here just wondering what made you decide to buy another bonnet and not just cut your own so if i wanted to buy whats in this picture and do it to my own bonnet how much would it cost 

14 hours ago, thomasaspin said:

imageproxy_php.jpeg.bbfda133874553195043c94c976e649d.jpeg

sorry my mate I'm easy to get confused here just wondering what made you decide to buy another bonnet and not just cut your own so if i wanted to buy whats in this picture and do it to my own bonnet how much would it cost 

Because my bonnet is already damaged so cheaper to buy a new one than to get it fixed and those parts in the picture cost €854

Edited by AMD87

• 2 weeks later...

1.3 Multijet 83bhp with the duel logic gearbox in the Fiat 500L,

some data on it from the drive to work this morning.

From the data it appears it can do 0-60mph in 13.95 with a standing 1/4 mile of 19.81 @ 72.48MPH.

Looking at the gear change data it does look like the gearshift speeds are consistant with 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 taking 0.43 seconds although feels forever.

What is interesting with the gearbox though is you can brake boost it, you can build up 3-5 psi before launch although would be interesting to see how much the box can take that.

On the turbo side it appears to have a Borgwarner BV30 which has the smallest wheel i've ever seen. It holds 19.1psi increasing slightly to 19.3psi at around 2500rpm before dropping off to 18psi above 3000rpm down to as low as 14psi when you get to 4000rpm.

I really need to find other stuff to do at work......

49782428022_81f94fef25_b.jpg

Have you considered getting the audi a3 lightweight alloys? They are 15 inch and are 6kg per wheel! Might be a good improvement on the drag, I weighed the spiders with tyre and they weight 18kg oO, also is your front grille the one from milotec? 
Excited for the darkside episode on the car!

10 minutes ago, Filipelol said:

Have you considered getting the audi a3 lightweight alloys? They are 15 inch and are 6kg per wheel! Might be a good improvement on the drag, I weighed the spiders with tyre and they weight 18kg oO, also is your front grille the one from milotec? 
Excited for the darkside episode on the car!

I did actually try to find them a few years back and nearly bought a set. 

I don’t use the spiders on track I use the original Monte wheels which feel heavier than the spiders. They seem to take the abuse of hitting kerbs and 2 wheel landings I think the A2 alloys might be softer and damage easier. 

9 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

I did actually try to find them a few years back and nearly bought a set. 

I don’t use the spiders on track I use the original Monte wheels which feel heavier than the spiders. They seem to take the abuse of hitting kerbs and 2 wheel landings I think the A2 alloys might be softer and damage easier. 

Makes sense, can you tell if your upper grille is from milotec? my original one is quite faded and the bottom trim of it has nearly no clips left.. may just get the honeycomb one instead of bothering with the trims

11 minutes ago, Filipelol said:

Makes sense, can you tell if your upper grille is from milotec? my original one is quite faded and the bottom trim of it has nearly no clips left.. may just get the honeycomb one instead of bothering with the trims

Yeah it’s a milotec one 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

The power figures are insane ! Lucky You :)

Why not considering a DSG gearbox ? Will it be possible ?

Cant see why it wouldn't be possible as you can get 1.6's with a DSG but they don't interest me, plus im not made of money 🤣

https://facebook.com/262413180442923/posts/4359141527436714/?d=n

Edited by AMD87
  • Haha 1

On the daily drive to and from work i have to pull onto a NSL Dual carriage way so for me a 30-70 pull gives me an idea of what it can do.

Standard turbo Remap 7.61 seconds Red line

GTC1549VZ Turbo 6.65 seconds dark blue line

GTD1752VRK no Meth and not really trying 5.81 seconds light blue line

49849659918_9eca206c79_b.jpg

Edited by AMD87
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...