Anyone know where Mike Holroyd is???

Just seen this thread as im not on here much these days, as others have said Mike is a true gent and knowledgeable guy ,pass on a hug from me when you see him Andy 

Edited by blueR36

Swapped a few texts with Mike lately, he always keeps in touch with little Skoda snippets month-to-month, I always look forward to hearing of his latest project.

Sad that he's not able to share them on here, I'm confident he'll be back, we all need time out every so often.

One thing I do know is that he still loves his Octavia, someone put a ding in the rear wing down near the sill with their door, he showed me the before and after pictures so I'm confident his car is still the cleanest in the East! :D

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 15:43, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'm meeting up with Mike week Saturday ( 9th sept )

I'll have a word with him. It's suprising what a bacon buttie and a mug of tea can do............

Show him this thread on your 

IBM_Simon_thumb.jpg

Mike's been around to ours today, fed him tea and bacon butties. We had a good natter but he says he won't be coming back to Briskoda for a good while, if ever. I tried my best folks but I can see where he's coming from.  He is well thought and still in good humour. Sadly it looks like thats it..................

Mike passes on his best wishes 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

I'm a relative newbie on here, and whilst I have posted a few threads now, Mike has, on occasion replied and I've valued his knowledge and expertise.  It's people like him that make these forums what they are ..

I hope that you do re-consider @mikeholroyd and in time you'll pop by. Don't let the immature ones ruin it eh :(

52 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

Real shame, never met him but had exchanged messages and read most of his posts.

He was always helpful to new members

As I've mentioned before he helped me out twice with coding. He was even going to give me a steering control module for nothing and fit it for free if mine didn't support cruise control. No need for it as it happened but no way was he prepared to take any money or anything for that matter. I just cannot believe someone has been needling so much as he feels he has to stay away from here. I suppose it's a reflection on our society these days we shouldn't be surprised by it anymore. That's a different debate though!!

I have spoke to Mike tonight. As always he rang me back after I'd messaged him. He's fit and well as is Kim and they're two Octavias. He's told me the reason he's staying off here at the moment and while I'm gutted he feels that way as he's such a massive miss on here, I do understand. The member responsible should be ashamed. He also told me while not being happy taking advantage of his kind generosity, they then proceeded to start abusing him over Facebook as well. I do hope he returns soon but I'll be honest, I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't. 

Edited by meaty101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, meaty101 said:

I have spoke to Mike tonight. As always he rang me back after I'd messaged him. He's fit and well as is Kim and they're two Octavias. He's told me the reason he's staying off here at the moment and while I'm gutted he feels that way as he's such a massive miss on here, I do understand. The member responsible should be ashamed. He also told me while not being happy taking advantage of his kind generosity, they then proceeded to start abusing him over Facebook as well. I do hope he returns soon but I'll be honest, I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't. 

I fed him tea and Bacon butties last Saturday, I'd no joy either and to be honest the Shi7 he put up with I wouldn't expecting him back very soon.

If ever

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As already mentioned, its a real shame that a really helpful and nice guy like Mike has to stay away from a Forum he is so active in due to idiot keyboard warriors.

I've been to visit Mike with my vRS and I have always found him to be willing to help in anyway he can, He even researched and sorted some coding for a friend of mine with her Mk7 Golf R.

Would love to see him back on here soon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't know Mike personally but always enjoyed reading his posts on the work done to his own cars and his willingness to offer advice as well as perform work for members and I do feel his presence and knowledge is sadly missed on here ... As others have said its a sad day when someone as nice as Mike can be driven off the forums by idiots not fit to tie his shoe laces....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...