Race blue colour code

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has already been asked but after researching this forum and other sites I can't seem to find a definitive answer on what the correct (and official) Skoda Race Blue colour code is. 

Thanks in advance :)

54 minutes ago, roo said:

I believe that currently it is 8X8X.

Yep, this is correct. For confirmation, the code should be listed on the sticker on the boot floor with a bunch of other codes relating to be car's configuration.

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Yep, this is correct. For confirmation, the code should be listed on the sticker on the boot floor with a bunch of other codes relating to be car's configuration.

Thanks guys!

Would this sticker be positioned on the boot floor even on the facelift models?

The code may well be found on a sticker in your service book.

I got my touch-up from www.touchuppaintking.co.uk  The code on their site is SKODA 9463/LF5W which I believe is the equivalent VW code. Anyway, when I tested it on the inside of the boot lid it matched very well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Ah ok thanks, as on the chipex website if i enter LF5W it comes up with Race Blue MET (which i guess stands ford metallic) but if i put in 8x8x  it comes up with Ocean Blue, Race Blue. 

The thing that confused me is the car paint is actually metallic?

Just phone Skoda to confirm this, now i know if i got the touch up kit from a Skoda Dealership themselves it would be the correct colour but im not doing that as i want to get the Chipex kit.

The Skoda dealership confirmed that it is Race Blue metallic and the code is 8X8X, now if i place 8X8X into chipex website it lists....

Untitled3.thumb.png.7523a378c3f0c75ea4e11900b75c2ae3.png

and if i put LF5W it gives this....

Untitled.thumb.jpg.674b33dd450e0b717973ff09964caa3e.jpg

and if i just put im license plate number in i get....

Untitled.jpg.f6fc51549c478947dfee2b05a5ca598a.jpg

and then give me the kit to purchase, but thats description isn't a great help at all, as it doesn't say 'Race Blue', just 'Blue'

So im guessing Chipex is using LF5W as the correct code for the vRS as the paint work is metallic, am i correct in think this?

Edited by BlockABoots

On 15/09/2018 at 12:39, SC03OTT said:

Why do you not want the Skoda kit?  It’s not expensive and it’s definitely the correct one.

Cos the Skoda touch up kit doesnt blend the paint in with the body work like the Chipex kit does even using the cocktail stick method of applying the paint, you'll always see the touch up you've done with the Skoda kit.

Im not saying that the Chipex kit will be 100% invisible but from the videos ive seen on YouTube its worth the extra!

• 9 months later...
On 16/09/2018 at 20:55, BlockABoots said:

Cos the Skoda touch up kit doesnt blend the paint in with the body work like the Chipex kit does even using the cocktail stick method of applying the paint, you'll always see the touch up you've done with the Skoda kit.

Im not saying that the Chipex kit will be 100% invisible but from the videos ive seen on YouTube its worth the extra!

Hi. Out if interest did you use the chipex paint? Did it do the trick? Was it a scratch or stone chip?

• 10 months later...
On 17/09/2018 at 07:55, BlockABoots said:

how did the repair job go ? looking for feedback, as i'm a little skeptical that a third party could produce a better kit than the manufacturer

• Confused 1

Because an item has VW/ Audi, SEAT , Skoda on the packaging and is retailed by Official Dealers does not mean VWG manufactured it, they buy stuff in from 3rd parties very often. The official parts are not automatically superior.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 08/09/2017 at 23:59, vrsage said:

Has anyone had experience in touching up paint chips? 

Does a pen or brush work better?

Im worried I will do a terrible job on it!

Rolling up masking tape to a fine point I’ve found works a treat, and you won’t need much paint with this so less likely to get blobs of it forming.