What annoyed you today?

Aspman

I thought I'd start this so I can have a general rant.

Last year not long after the missus passed away I phoned DVLA to get my tax sorted. I had quite a few changes and didn't want to get a big bill later on.

So I had a very confusing 45call with HMRC to try to sort it. the assessed there that I had being under paying fora  few months and changed my code to back pay this.

I was so confused by it all I had to run it my a mate who is an accountant. All seems fine.

So yesterday I get a note form HMRC "you've not paid enough tax" they'd not taxed my widowed parents allowance so I owe them nearly £2k.

TBH luckily the bill I can handle but I'm bloody annoyed that I went to some effort to not have this happen and they **** it up anyway.

Also they've provided me no option to just pay it I have to do it through PAYE so it'll be yet another 6 months before I know what things should be.

When I retired, they taxed me as if I were to receive my lump sum every month (I wish) - getting a letter from HMRC saying you owe £9,000-odd arrears of income tax has a very laxative effect, even though (a) I knew it was wrong and (b) I was capable of composing a full reply, with detailed calculations (and no expletives), which I did and with which they agreed. They said they "assumed..", and, as Benny Hill famously said, when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.

• Confused 1

Hasn't happened today, but it happens every day on the way home from work... Idiots going from the right most lane all away across to left, crossing the lanes and lines. ****es me right off and I refuse to let anyone In until the junction has actually started further on. 

Screenshot_20171203-144507.png

Christmas time is supposed to be goodwill to all men, I caught a bunch of yobo teenagers stealing the Christmas lights on the trees in the front garden & one lad trying to cut off the wreath from the front door.

What a bunch of barstwards:angry:

I chased them off in my slippers in the snow only for them to return 30 minutes later to pelt my front windows with snowballs.

I can't stand these deadwood ******* Grrrrrr.

3 hours ago, lancpudn said:

Christmas time is supposed to be goodwill to all men, I caught a bunch of yobo teenagers stealing the Christmas lights on the trees in the front garden & one lad trying to cut off the wreath from the front door.

What a bunch of barstwards:angry:

I chased them off in my slippers in the snow only for them to return 30 minutes later to pelt my front windows with snowballs.

I can't stand these deadwood ******* Grrrrrr.

Donald Trump famously tweeted " I would never say 'Try some frayed cable on your lights and watch the yobs glow in the dark when they touch it'.

Other yob repellants are available.

My car share mate.

Heater is broken in his car. Well the fan controls are.

It's ok if we can do 70+ but this is rush hour so we're lucky to get above 50 when we;re not queuing.

and it was -3C.

On 03/12/2017 at 14:50, planehazza said:

Hasn't happened today, but it happens every day on the way home from work... Idiots going from the right most lane all away across to left, crossing the lanes and lines. ****es me right off and I refuse to let anyone In until the junction has actually started further on. 

Screenshot_20171203-144507.png

Curious to know peoples' thoughts on this.  Would it annoy you too?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9821065,-1.6062477,83a,56.9y,4.61t/data=!3m1!1e3

Same junction from above. You can see cars moving from the right two lanes over the merge/give way lines, then over the double dashed separator into 'my' lane.  Why can't they just wait and move over further ahead when it's only three lanes and no merge/give way areas???

Annoyance.thumb.png.69fd4b5b176f416a825116653c5d2528.png

Edited by planehazza

My useless twunt boss not bothering to take the time to mention that I've been in my current role for 10 years.  He get's an email reminder too. ****er was singing and dancing about his 5 year anniversary a few weeks ago too. 

3 hours ago, planehazza said:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.9821065,-1.6062477,83a,56.9y,4.61t/data=!3m1!1e3

Same junction from above. You can see cars moving from the right two lanes over the merge/give way lines, then over the double dashed separator into 'my' lane.  Why can't they just wait and move over further ahead when it's only three lanes and no merge/give way areas???

Annoying but allowed within the highway code , we have a similar junction in Leeds and everyone does the same then usually pull straight back out again to over take once they've merged with the main road. I'm usually in the right hand lane to merge and it only annoys me when they've gone charging up to the junction without looking to see if they can merge, let alone match the speed so slam on as if it's stop junction. Then unable to pull out and made it difficult for everyone else behind move into the left lane. I will often match their speed once I've pulled onto the main road to prevent them pulling out again or even better moving to the right hand lane where they need to be.

Grrr! Do they make owt that lasts any length of time these days! The smart TV has just bit the dust :angry: It's just under three years old for heavens sake.:crying: what with having to have new prescription lenses from my eye test at the opticians the other day & now this, it's been an expensive week, as if Christmas is not dear enough. I need a drink.

5 hours ago, lancpudn said:

Grrr! Do they make owt that lasts any length of time these days! The smart TV has just bit the dust :angry: It's just under three years old for heavens sake.:crying: what with having to have new prescription lenses from my eye test at the opticians the other day & now this, it's been an expensive week, as if Christmas is not dear enough. I need a drink.

Try John Lewis next time. They usually give a 3 year guarantee and no gip if you have a problem. I have no connection to JL other than being a satisfied customer over many years (they once gave me a refund on a pair of shoes I'd had for 18 months).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lancpudn said:

I'd write a letter of complaint to the company you bought it off and see what they offer.

I bought a £300 32" Sony TV from Tesco and it went kaput at 15 months. Sent them a letter of complaint (along with a copy of the receipt)  saying this was unsatisfactory, and they agreed. Sent me a cheque for £250 or £275 and, modern tv's being what they are, was able able to buy a much bigger 42" Hitachi, which is still going strong 7 years later.

10 hours ago, Fin69 said:

I'd write a letter of complaint to the company you bought it off and see what they offer.

I bought a £300 32" Sony TV from Tesco and it went kaput at 15 months. Sent them a letter of complaint (along with a copy of the receipt)  saying this was unsatisfactory, and they agreed. Sent me a cheque for £250 or £275 and, modern tv's being what they are, was able able to buy a much bigger 42" Hitachi, which is still going strong 7 years later.

Yes good advice, that's a great outcome you got  from Tesco.

I've been looking for the receipt to no avail, I always keep the original boxes for a length of time in the garage just in case I need to return the item.

I think I've thrown the box away with the receipt in it after a flood we had that ruined a lot of stuff in the garage. I've put the rottweiler on the case (my missus) :biggrin: to see what they say, It came from the Argos online store.

Unless you are very lucky, expect to get shunted from Argosa customer service in the shop to head office. How did you pay? 

I had a problem develop with a printer one year on and could trace the debit transaction so I could narrow it down to the day. One person in the store said it would take time to find the receipt ( I'd lost mine)Phoned back and another found the receipt in minutes. Fortunately, as I'd taken out the optional warranty, I got a replacement ( Worth the £10 I paid for the warranty to get a new one) without any more than the hassle of a bounce from HO to branch.

Edited by VWD

50 minutes ago, VWD said:

Unless you are very lucky, expect to get shunted from Argosa customer service in the shop to head office. How did you pay? 

I had a problem develop with a printer one year on and could trace the debit transaction so I could narrow it down to the day. One person in the store said it would take time to find the receipt ( I'd lost mine)Phoned back and another found the receipt in minutes. Fortunately, as I'd taken out the optional warranty, I got a replacement ( Worth the £10 I paid for the warranty to get a new one) without any more than the hassle of a bounce from HO to branch.

I think we paid by debit card. my missus says she'll have a word with Argos customer services tomorrow.

Posting on faceache about the bentley programme and saying I'd not seen who won SPOTY but I bet it was Lewis. Some idiot who usually is quite clever tells me no it was x. Which bit of "i've not seen it yet" had she not read. IDIOT.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:55, planehazza said:

They do it there because (not meaning to offend) people of your mindset refuse to let them in. If you're coming off the central motorway Northbound and want to turn on Osborne Road you want to get across as soon as possible to mitigate the risk of not getting in further up. 

I used this road daily and see it regularly.

What is really annoying, is those coming down lane 2, the one to your right and they're supposed to give way but don't because they don't want to let people in. 

• Like 1

the person who parked right across the entrance to my driveway, (and I mean right across it) even though there was space for several cars either side of the entrance. 

"I'm only going  to be a couple of minutes." - which he was, but not the fecking point! 

I seriously think if an intelligence test was part of the driving test there would be less vehicles on the road. 

9 hours ago, Fin69 said:

the person who parked right across the entrance to my driveway, (and I mean right across it) even though there was space for several cars either side of the entrance. 

"I'm only going  to be a couple of minutes." - which he was, but not the fecking point! 

I seriously think if an intelligence test was part of the driving test there would be less vehicles on the road. 

Ah the auld iq test for the driving license maaad idea that makes perfect sense..

10 hours ago, Fin69 said:

The Holy-molys at the church two doors down from me regularly get close to this but so far a glare has been enough to get them to back off a bit. I must have missed that a particular part of the New Testament where it says "On a Sunday and Wednesday thou shalt park as close as possibly to thy place of worship, even if thou shall obstruct local residents and place them in danger whence emerging from their drives".

I think the appropriate response to "I'm only going  to be a couple of minutes." is

"No worries but it won't be there when you get back" or start smashing up rocks with a big sledgehammer within a few feet of the their car.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 10:55, planehazza said:

My bugbear is is this one. People taking the left hand lane for the A335 and M27 east.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.9486611,-1.3716479,3a,75y,359.59h,80.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sD7wNdwx_ijCLjPPRU0iWnA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

stoneham1.PNG

stoneham2.PNG

3 hours ago, Aspman said:

I think the appropriate response to "I'm only going  to be a couple of minutes." is

"No worries but it won't be there when you get back" or start smashing up rocks with a big sledgehammer within a few feet of the their car.

Unfortunately where I live, Orange IS the only fruit. If they can bear grudges from 327 years ago, it doesn't bode well for me to have a quiet life if it all goes a bit Pete Tong!