Sasha’s Octavia vRS

It is a heated one and it’s exactly the same as the old one as it’s a genuine Skoda one. Insurance gave in to me in the end :) The autoglass fitter in Bangor did a stellar job fitting the screen. I got very lucky as they could get a Skoda one in quickly but the Pilkington ones they usually use on cars over 3 years old were on back order.

5 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Appreciate you asked someone else, but, I had the heated screen on my last Octavia replaced and the quality was on par IMO. Wasn’t a Škoda one that was fitted either. 

+1. I had mine replaced 2 years ago this month with a pilkington one and it's been fine. Can't tell any difference and all the heated elements are still working as expected.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 21:27, SC03OTT said:

Appreciate you asked someone else, but, I had the heated screen on my last Octavia replaced and the quality was on par IMO. Wasn’t a Škoda one that was fitted either. 

Ive heard mixed reviews, some saying like for like and others saying there was a noticeable difference in quality.  Mines got a Pilkington one (and whoever did it di a **** job as there's visible sealant and cut marks on a piece of interior trim.  When you look through at a certain angle the glass seems waved.

Edited by ScoutCJB
  • Like 1

On 19/04/2019 at 18:14, SashaGrace said:

That makes it read like I’m laughing at her, I’m not! She’s better now though. She always gets a headache a couple of days after having Botox treatment for the migraines which has been very successful. It’s also a source of humour that she’s 2 years older than me but looks much younger as a result of the Botox. I’m not having it done, looks very uncomfortable!!

I'm with you on this, my g/f has chronic migraines and she has been having the Botox treatment, it has helped her some times more than others, in fact were off next week on her birthday as it happens for her to get the next lot. Too painful for me to even consider them, I'll just stick with my wrinkles and embrace them as I get older.

Your picture looks lovely,  you look really happy together, long may it last :thumbup: good on yous two. I must admit I did have my suspicions, but never made any attempt to find out as it's not important and none of my business.

• Like 1

Some progress on another project that has been eluding me has been made. I have sourced various places for CP removal on my 3Q0 Gateway to complete the VC install and all are coming back with prices that aren’t bad but more than I wanted to spend on one module so I’ve moved forward my ambient lighting and key personalisation project. This requires a new BCM from a FL car so I have sourced one and I’m waiting for delivery. Once that’s here I’ll be sorting CP removal out and cracking on with the coding. Watch this space :) 

I don’t have the part numbers handy for the FL cars. Do you have the ambient lighting in the doors? I need to check the part numbers as I will surely require new controllers if I want to do that after the BCM change.

On 31/10/2018 at 16:22, SashaGrace said:

Ordered as I'm sick and tired of navigating the bonnet stay when topping the screen wash, if I'm not happy with them the blame is entirely yours 😂

Edited by ScoutCJB
  • Like 1

Haha, well, the chrome is coming off the ball joints so I need to come up with a solution for that but I always feel smug opening the bonnet with one hand now. Shame they didn't come as standard really as it's a heavy bonnet and being a VAG car you'll need to open it a fair bit to keep on top of the greedy oil consumption. My old Audi was exactly the same. It's been a uniquely VAG thing in my experience, non of my other cars have used any oil! Good thing; my Mercedes doesn't have a dipstick!!

15 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Haha, well, the chrome is coming off the ball joints so I need to come up with a solution for that but I always feel smug opening the bonnet with one hand now. Shame they didn't come as standard really as it's a heavy bonnet and being a VAG car you'll need to open it a fair bit to keep on top of the greedy oil consumption. My old Audi was exactly the same. It's been a uniquely VAG thing in my experience, non of my other cars have used any oil! Good thing; my Mercedes doesn't have a dipstick!!

In the last 4 months and 3,200 miles since my last service the Beast has not consumed any oil much to my surprise. This is what happens when you spend £48 on 5 litres on Mobil 1 finest only not to need it.:wall:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

I didn't realise that was a thing!

Yeah, my Mercedes is a 2003 and they didn't fit them to any of the M112 V6's or M113 V8's for many years. My Volvo didn't have a dipstick either. Both have 'service dispsticks' that you can't officially buy but you can get hold of. The computer in the CLK is a bit of a liar and when the engine is filled with 7.3 litres of oil is tells me to empty 2 litres. I checked with my service dipstick and the level is spot on.

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

In the last 4 months and 3,200 miles since my last service the Beast has not consumed any oil much to my surprise. This is what happens when you spend £48 on 5 litres on Mobil 1 finest only not to need it.:wall:

I think with my car it's the mileage, nearly 108k miles on it now. The Audi was a 1.8T and had 158k on it when I sold it the second time. Neither used a significant amount of oil, but I always keep an eye on the level. None of my other non VAG cars have used a drop of oil between services, neither has my Dad's 2.2 JTS Alfa 159 and that has 146k on the clock now and they have a reputation for drinking oil. Come to think of it, my brothers shed of a Fabia vRS 1.9 TDi with 178k on the clock doesn't use a drop either and it puts out nearly 180 bhp!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I did wonder how long the chrome would last but there a damn site cheaper than Superskoda - Let me know if you come up with a solution so I can blatantly copy 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I have a few new retrofit projects ongoing right now. I’ve sorted the coding for one of them today, can you see what it might be?

AB2E0E5A-2C85-4C16-A416-6D46054E7865.thumb.jpeg.520460fb8faa87e26a33850b1153b5b7.jpeg

I don’t recognise the symbol between the phone signal and temperature?? Something to do with that??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick567 said:

I don’t recognise the symbol between the phone signal and temperature?? Something to do with that??

That's what I was thinking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick567 said:

6 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

That's what I was thinking.

Ahh, but what is it?? :D

2 hours ago, Maverick567 said:

Not the signal booster??

I already have that :)

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Says QI... Is it wireless charging?

Maybe :D 

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Perhaps Sasha can watch her favourite programme on BBC2.:cool:

I haven’t watched it for years. Used to love Stephen Fry presenting it.

34 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

Is it wireless smartlink?

Sadly not. Skoda don’t support that.

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is the time limit on the answer coming because I really really need the toilet.:rain:

Bladder trouble again? Must be age :D 

It is in fact wireless charging, I’ve found a wireless charging phonebox on eBay very cheaply and I’ve sorted the coding today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I already have that :)

Maybe :D 

I haven’t watched it for years. Used to love Stephen Fry presenting it.

Sadly not. Skoda don’t support that.

Bladder trouble again? Must be age :D 

It is in fact wireless charging, I’ve found a wireless charging phonebox on eBay very cheaply and I’ve sorted the coding today.

How did you get hold of the signal booster?? What did that involve?

• Like 1