Delivery times

cjrp

On 13/02/2019 at 14:34, jimmer69 said:

Hi Glitchbeat, WOW what a great double! Hope you enjoy the Karoq as much as your new daughter.

Thanks mate, I/we sure are! Lots of excitement, first time parents. The ride will be even better when the car is ready I'm sure :giggle:

4 hours ago, zoomer said:

i ordered mine early september (1.6 diesel sel) & have been informed it is now in uk & will be ready for my march 12th collection. 

Good one Zoomer, I picked up my 1.5 SEL moon white  on Friday 15 Feb. I ordered on 25 Sept 2018. On handover the sales rep told me it is a lottery at the moment, some Karoq's are sooner some later. The wait is well worth it.. The dash at night is just right on the SEL, white and bright!! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GMM said:

Good one Zoomer, I picked up my 1.5 SEL moon white  on Friday 15 Feb. I ordered on 25 Sept 2018. On handover the sales rep told me it is a lottery at the moment, some Karoq's are sooner some later. The wait is well worth it.. The dash at night is just right on the SEL, white and bright!! Enjoy!!

Fortunately for the digital speedometer because the numbers on the analogue dial is white against a silvery white background - not great on a bright sunny day.

34 minutes ago, SizzlingPotato said:

Fortunately for the digital speedometer because the numbers on the analogue dial is white against a silvery white background - not great on a bright sunny day.

Can you just clarify this SP, is it a vote for or against the digital dash?

41 minutes ago, Berisford said:

The standard car without the digital dash option has the needle and dials on the left and right. The centre is an LCD display that can show various screens of info - one of them being a digital speed. Now the the colour scheme of the dials on the SEL is white numbers on a silver background. So on a sunny day it looks like white numbers on a white background so you don't know what the needle is pointing to. Therefore the centre display between the dials is useful in this case as it can be set to display a digital speed reading. The colour scheme of the dial is that way for SEL and above I think. The models below have a black background I believe. And obviously if you went for the full digital dash option then none of this is relevant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Berisford said:

High Berisford, I think the digital dash is a matter for your taste really. I have the SE L Model and am really chuffed with the all white 'cockpit' surround effect. its like a blooming spaceship at night.. When I did initial test drives back in August 2018, my sales rep basically called the higher end spec, digital  lights a travelling disco!! 

I am in my early forties, with a late teens daughter at uni and a teenage lad of 14, both of whom thought I would be a sad pillock if I went for the disco! I tried to imagine myself driving around in my Karoq with the multicoloured dash and all I could think of was me in a high vis, mankini with disco lights on the dash and the Bee Gees playing on Smooth Radio (Not a good thought I can assure you)!! 

Basically what I have been told and sold is that it is  your preference really, I am in middle age now and am hitting it with aplomb!! Hence my choice of SE L and white dash!!

I agree with all the Youtube clips and car magazines, the SE L has all the kit you need. It is a cracking car and my dealership came to the conclusion that the SE L was a better fit for me rather than the Edition etc. However please don't take my choice as gospel as it comes down to what you want, prefer, require and like, it's what suits you best that is the issue. I think the main point, above dashboard etc is really what engine you choose. The 1.5 petrol that I have is a really special piece of engineering. As an engineer I can really appreciate this unit for what it is and all its capabilities. Best of luck whatever you opt for!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ry123 said:

Just got a date on my 1.5 DSG  sportline in white  ordered in Jan 2019, it being built now delivery should be around the end of march :clap:  

Brill, you will love it, It will look fab and next door will be jealous!!!

1 hour ago, GMM said:

Brill, you will love it, It will look fab and next door will be jealous!!!

Hope so I'm changing over  from a Octavia vrs tdi 

On 23/01/2019 at 08:44, mullcott said:

Car ordered 10th December, heard yesterday that it is scheduled for build week 5 and delivery March. So more than happy.

Phone call from the dealer this morning and the car is being delivered to him Monday. They offered me collection Friday 1st March, but I can’t make it so it will have to be the following week. So Skoda has kept its forecast of delivery Mar/Apr from a December order. 12 weeks from ordering to collection including Christmas and New Year break. I think that is more than acceptable.

• Like 2

Ordered a Karoq Style 150 TDI, DSG, 4x4 at the end of August 2018.
It was built and ready october 24th. I'm finally gonna pick it up on tuesday next week (Living in Sweden).
The retailer said 6 months delivery time but probably faster.
Turns out he was right, It has been stuck in CO2 testing for almost 4 months :)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

@anderna

I hope you are telling them to do an oil and filter change @ the PDI on your car that has been 'Banked' in whatever for over 4 months.

Check the tyres etc very very carefully.  

Yeah, i guess. Anybody else had this WLTP happened to you?

On 17/02/2019 at 20:37, gmgohara said:

Ordered a 1.5 TSI 4x4 DSG Edition on 1st Feb.  Petrol Blue and quite a few extras

Have been given a build week of 14 (approx week commencing 1st April)

Nah, that's when they're building mine :)

Any idea how long after the build week we can expect delivery?

?

Any idea if Deal or no Deal with the EU?

Any idea how the car transporter ferries might need used, just for cars for European Manufacturers to keep their cash flow flowing...

Will VW give priority to VW, Audi, or just keep all their brands dealerships / customers happy?

Any idea if the Dealership / Manufacturer is going to honour the Price you agreed for the car OTR in the UK or will there be an Import Tariff and Customers will be paying more 

or the Importers  & dealers are sucking that up. 

Edited by Skoffski

2 hours ago, Skoffski said:

?

Any idea if Deal or no Deal with the EU?

Any idea how the car transporter ferries might need used, just for cars for European Manufacturers to keep their cash flow flowing...

Will VW give priority to VW, Audi, or just keep all their brands dealerships / customers happy?

Any idea if the Dealership / Manufacturer is going to honour the Price you agreed for the car OTR in the UK or will there be an Import Tariff and Customers will be paying more 

or the Importers  & dealers are sucking that up. 

All good questions - to which I have no idea of the answer. Ask me again in 5 weeks. Pretending the UK isn't all messed up at the moment, what would you answer have been a year ago?

Evening all,

Just a quick post as I have been a bit of a lurker on the forum for the last 3 months.

I order a Karoq through my company car scheme back in December and the 'Button' was finally pressed by the dealer on the 14/12/18. Had an email today advising car now in stock and ready for deliver from the 8th March on wards.

So that is 12 weeks from ordering to delivery which i am happy with as was initially given 26 weeks.

If it helps anyone I'm based in the South of England and my company car scheme is run through Zenith and there preferred Skoda dealer is up north somewhere.

Car ordered 

1.5 petrol SEL DSG in petrol blue with some extras.

Heated Screen

Adaptive Cruise Control

Auto Light Assist 

Virtual Cockpit

Electrically Operated Boot

Family Pack

Now cant wait for my new toy to arrive.......Hoping for a few cold days after delivery to try out the heated screen.:biggrin:

14 hours ago, mc6701 said:

Evening all,

Just a quick post as I have been a bit of a lurker on the forum for the last 3 months.

I order a Karoq through my company car scheme back in December and the 'Button' was finally pressed by the dealer on the 14/12/18. Had an email today advising car now in stock and ready for deliver from the 8th March on wards.

So that is 12 weeks from ordering to delivery which i am happy with as was initially given 26 weeks.

If it helps anyone I'm based in the South of England and my company car scheme is run through Zenith and there preferred Skoda dealer is up north somewhere.

Car ordered 

1.5 petrol SEL DSG in petrol blue with some extras.

Heated Screen

Adaptive Cruise Control

Auto Light Assist 

Virtual Cockpit

Electrically Operated Boot

Family Pack

Now cant wait for my new toy to arrive.......Hoping for a few cold days after delivery to try out the heated screen.:biggrin:

Grrr to you sir! ;-)

Ordered 17th October, similar spec but 1.6 diesel, also via zenith and still waiting. Although date was brought forward from mid may to April so I'm assuming they have a build date now.

Can I ask what updates you got from zenith? Has it just turned up out the blue one day?

Was nervous of BREXIT too but can see it being an issue now with no deal outcome so unlikely

Edited by Amurray81

7 minutes ago, Amurray81 said:

Grrr to you sir! ;-)

Ordered 17th October, similar spec but 1.6 diesel, also via zenith and still waiting. Although date was brought forward from mid may to April so I'm assuming they have a build date now.

Was nervous of BREXIT too but can see it being an issue now with no deal outcome so unlikely

Looks like some orders are starting to come through  - although I have checked on my order and still no build date - looks like the 22-25 week estimate is going to be accurate :(

43 minutes ago, Amurray81 said:

Grrr to you sir! ;-)

Can I ask what updates you got from zenith? Has it just turned up out the blue one day?

The last email I got was beginning of Feb stating that they had good news!

'There are no changes to your estimated delivery date of mid April 2019'

'Track my order'  on the Zenith portal gave a date of the 26th March. 

I checked it Monday and it had changed to the 8th then Wednesday got the email confirming ready from the 8th.

3 minutes ago, mc6701 said:

The last email I got was beginning of Feb stating that they had good news!

'There are no changes to your estimated delivery date of mid April 2019'

'Track my order'  on the Zenith portal gave a date of the 26th March. 

I checked it Monday and it had changed to the 8th then Wednesday got the email confirming ready from the 8th.

Great, thanks.

Mine currently showing 10th April on the portal so hoping it may appear soon. Colleagues experience cars just turning up from zenith well before given dates so I don't know how much dealers keep them up to date.

Enjoy your car!