Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

Hello @bigade1,

Thanks for the amended version. I noticed that the file size for the original April update was much smaller than usual so as you say probably some data corruption somewhere?

Your efforts are much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

On 15/04/2019 at 11:21, bigade1 said:

Here's the latest update of my customised version of Uk Speedcams ( April, 2019 ) . For information purposes - this version contains UK only speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or alert you. I hope you find them useful.

UK Speedcams April 2019.zip

Thanks Bigadel - icons all there so will wait for the audio alerts when I take to the road

Very much appreciated! 

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2019 at 18:15, BlueWhite10 said:

Thanks Bigadel - icons all there so will wait for the audio alerts when I take to the road

Very much appreciated! 

Travelled to Northampton yesterday and although the cameras were all picked up, some of them were the wrong direction ie. audible sound only came on when going the wrong way for the camera - any ideas?

Yes... It's not a true camera alert, it's a point of interest notification (think petrol stations) so doesn't work like in TomTom/Google maps

Edited by devopuk
Spelling

On 17/04/2019 at 11:35, bigade1 said:

*** NEW APRIL UPDATE ***

Unfortunately, after further in depth testing of my previous compilation and despite several re-compilations of the same database. I believe that either the original database has been corrupted by the person who donated it or the updates to it are extremely inaccurate. I'm seeing the wrong camera types displayed in my local area along with several missing camera locations. Since I am unable to edit or delete previous posts I am therefore uploading a new compilation sourced from an alternative database attached below and ask that you disregard my previous post and upgrade to this compilation which has been tested in my local area. Please note that although the categories in the menu settings will show up with a " UK " prefix label description - these ones are in fact all of the European country ones so you must check whether you will have to disable them beforehand when travelling in a particular country because in certain European countries it is illegal to use speed camera warnings. 

Here's my customised version of EU Speedcams ( April, 2019 ) . For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or alert you.

EU Speedcams April 2019.zip

Hi bigade1,

I must be doing something wrong, but i don't see any icons on my screen but do get the audible warning noise

I have a MY19 octavia vrs with the factory supplied sat nav, when i select POI it shows me the 4 types no tick box, but i touch them and it counts upto 200 but does not show on my screen

Have POI selected with a tick - cant do the same for the types of speed camera

Thanks in advance

-S

8 hours ago, devopuk said:

Yes... It's not a true camera alert, it's a point of interest notification (think petrol stations) so doesn't work like in TomTom/Google maps

Thanks for the clarification

• 1 month later...

*** NOVA ATUALIZAÇÃO DE ABRIL ***

Infelizmente, após testes mais aprofundados da minha compilação anterior e apesar de várias recompilações do mesmo banco de dados. Acredito que o banco de dados original foi corrompido pela pessoa que o doou ou as atualizações dele são extremamente imprecisas. Estou vendo os tipos errados de câmeras exibidos na minha área local, juntamente com vários locais de câmera ausentes. Como não posso editar ou excluir mensagens anteriores, estou enviando uma nova compilação de um banco de dados alternativo anexado abaixo e peço que você desconsidere meu post anterior e atualize para esta compilação que foi testada em minha área local. Por favor, note que, embora as categorias nas configurações do menu apareçam com um "Reino Unido" 

Aqui está a minha versão personalizada do Speedcams da UE (abril de 2019  ). Para fins informativos - esta versão contém câmaras de velocidade da UE, que são divididas em quatro categorias de poi consolidadas, ou seja, Câmaras de Velocidade Fixa, Velocidade Média, Velocidade Rápida e Velocidade Redlight. Eles vêm fornecidos com minha própria escolha pessoal de ícone para combinar com cada uma das categorias. Lembre-se de instalá-los como eu expliquei no primeiro post desta discussão, ou seja, depois de extrair o arquivo zip, lembre-se de colocar apenas a pasta PersonalPOI e o arquivo metainfo2.txt   em seu cartão SD (por favor, note: um stick usb não vai funcionar!). Além disso, lembre-se de selecionar / marcar as categorias de poi relevantes recém-adicionadas e o alerta de alerta sonoro de poi nas configurações do menu após realizar a atualização ou elas não serão exibidas em seu mapa nem o alertarão.

EU Speedcams April 2019.zip 3,41 MB · 63 downloads

Thank u 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

HI,

I will try today the EU SPEEDCAMS APRIL2019 posted by friend BIGADE.

At least, the incones are already on the radio, now they have to work on the ground.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I add the speedcams poi's to the map card to update or will that over write the map?

Is there really no other way to add the the speedcams when you only have 1 sd slot and the map card seems to be required to import?

Thanks, francischase

I doubt you'll overwrite the map.  There's no possibility of doing that unless you choose to delete data or replace one file with another somehow. You should be able to use the existing space on the sd card for the speed cams, but I'm not certain you need the maps sd card inserted to update the Poi, do you?

• Thanks 1

Done it!

Big thanks to Bigade1 for the file and to Rustynuts for the map updates and the advice.

Loaded The file onto map sd card and it uploaded in seconds, ticked the new poi's and announcements and all OK.

Thanks again, francischase. 

• Like 1

Hi bigade1

Can you tell me how to create the db3 files etc for some other POIs I have? I'm sure I did it 18 months ago but as others have posted the skoda webpage doesn't like the csv or asc files I can get.  I apologise if I have missed the upto date info somewhere else on this forum.

Regards

Edited by LKMan

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Idol said:

Hello @bigade1, are you planning any more updates? Thanks in advance.

Hi Idol - thanks for your interest. You're right. I know it's been a while since I've done an update. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to find a FREE reliable database despite checking the web every day. No-one seems to have uploaded any new ones for a couple of months. I've got access to one site but they've only got fixed cams and red light ones and I would prefer to have average speed cams and variable speed cams as well. So the short answer is yes but until I can find a free database then my hands are tied. Keep watching this space though. ☺️

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Idol said:

Hello @bigade1, thanks for the update, I wondered whether this free database would be any use? https://poi.gps-data-team.com/united_kingdom/safety/

Thanks - I've already tried that one before. It looks good but I can't actually download any files. Whenever I try to download a file I end up in multiple redirects and it then ends up stating it's limited to guest accounts.

On 25/06/2019 at 19:32, mauritto said:

Thank u 

*** NEW APRIL UPDATE ***

Unfortunately, after further in depth testing of my previous compilation and despite several re-compilations of the same database. I believe that either the original database has been corrupted by the person who donated it or the updates to it are extremely inaccurate. I'm seeing the wrong camera types displayed in my local area along with several missing camera locations. Since I am unable to edit or delete previous posts I am therefore uploading a new compilation sourced from an alternative database attached below and ask that you disregard my previous post and upgrade to this compilation which has been tested in my local area. Please note that although the categories in the menu settings will show up with a " UK " prefix label description - these ones are in fact all of the European country ones so you must check whether you will have to disable them beforehand when travelling in a particular country because in certain European countries it is illegal to use speed camera warnings. 

Here's my customised version of EU Speedcams ( April, 2019 ) . For information purposes - this version contains EU speed cameras which are split into four consolidated poi categories i.e. Fixed Speedcams, Average Speedcams, Variable Speedcams and Redlight Speedcams. They come supplied with my own personal choice of icon to match each of the categories. Remember to Install them as I explained in the first post in this thread i.e. after extracting the zip file remember to place only the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file onto your sd card ( Please Note: a usb stick will not work! ). Also, please remember to select/tick the relevant newly added poi categories and the poi audible warning alert in the menu settings after performing the update or they will not display on your map or alert you.

EU Speedcams April 2019.zip 3.41 MB · 114 downloads

Hi friend,

When you have more and new files, please, share.

Hug

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlueWhite10 said:

BigAdel,

When I extract I only get the PersonalPOI folder and metainfo2.txt file and nothing else - is this correct? (previously my card had a 'maps' folder which contained 2 other folders '00' and 'EEC')

Yes - that's how it should be. Update per the instructions and all should be ok.