Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!

4 hours ago, Kennywild said:

Hei, i got two questions.

1. Do this work with an Amundsen+ nav?

2. Do anyone knows how to get speedcam-pois for norway?

Thx

Kenny

Hi,

1. Sorry, but I wouldn't think so - Amundsen+ is an earlier system ( RNS315 ) so it requires a different format. 

2. Sorry - I don't know the answer to that one.

Edited by bigade1

13 minutes ago, Kennywild said:

Ok, thanx. I just got this Octavia new (2020 mod). Strange it came with an old satnav

If you have a 2020 Octavia then you don't have an Amundsen+, you have a MIB2 Amundsen.

If you have a 2021 Octavia (new shape) then you have the latest (MIB3?) AMundsen.

Might be a good idea to post a picture of your Amundsen...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

If you have a 2020 Octavia then you don't have an Amundsen+, you have a MIB2 Amundsen.

If you have a 2021 Octavia (new shape) then you have the latest (MIB3?) AMundsen.

Might be a good idea to post a picture of your Amundsen...

Googled pictures and my Amundsen is an mib2

4 hours ago, Kennywild said:

Googled pictures and my Amundsen is an mib2

If that's the case then my speedcams should work for your device and my latest ones are indeed the SCDB ones for Europe so therefore Norway is included.

30 minutes ago, bigade1 said:

If that's the case then my speedcams should work for your device and my latest ones are indeed the SCDB ones for Europe so therefore Norway is included.

Thx alot, will try when home from vacation

IMG_20200722_232400271.jpg

Hello Skoda users!

I do not know what means Amundsen "MIB2". I just know that I have Amundsen NAV and this POI import didn't work. I get reply that it founds nothing.

If I go to update from SD card, I lead to all folders on SD cards and it founds nothing to import.

Any idea?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, kolma said:

I do not know what means Amundsen "MIB2".

Are your maps read directly from an SD card? Yes = Amunsen, no =Columbus

What year is your Octavia 3?

2014 or earlier = MIB1

2015 = MIB1 until May build, MIB2 after

2016 = MIB2

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi bigade1!

Thank you! I did successfully imported Speedcams, but it seems strange that when I checked cams available locally, system has found 10-20 cams, but nevertheless I did not see any on map. So I couldn't check really if I would see one if there was one and if I would be alerted.

Am I missing something?

Thank you! 

@kolma

Check your navigation menu settings. Under the " Map " menu ensure that the " Show POIs "setting is ticked then enter the " Select categories for POIs " menu and scroll to the bottom to see the newly added speedcam categories. Then tick each speedcam category to display them on your map. If the speedcams have been correctly installed and activated you should then see the cameras by using your fingers on the touchscreen to zoom in and out of different areas of the map. Also check the settings in " Nav. announcements " if you want to enable an audible alert.

I've seen this thread a few times now (assuming it pops back up the top when there's an update) but I've just put this onto my second SD card, put it into my Columbus MIB2 and it appears to have accepted them. I've searched the thread, but I've not found a definite yes or no if they do indeed work on the Columbus.

I'll be off the gym in the morning and I know I'll be driving past at least 2 cameras (a red light and a normal speed camera).

I've set them to appear on my POI's and hopefully I've set them to 'ping' when I'm in their vicinity, so fingers crossed all looks good to go. I'll report back tomorrow.