1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

5 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Has anyone tried super unleaded to see if it makes a difference? I can't as work only allow us to purchase regular.

I have only used Shell V-Power Nitro+ since new, literally drove from the dealers to Shell to brim her and I've had the issue from day dot unfortunately :sadsmile:

That's it.... I blame Shell :D I'm only allowed to fill up at Shell which in itself is a right pain!

Still only 11 days to wait until the dealer says no errors on the diagnostic machine :rolleyes: 

Hoping that someone gets a dealer fix before mine goes in so I can reference that. 

Has anyone been on to What Skoda, sorry What Car to raise the issue with them? thinking Skoda might pull their finger out if they thought there might be some bad press heading their way.

Edited by TheRealExile
add

Do you really think 'What Car / Autocar / Piston Heads all owned by Haymarket Media Group / Lord Michael Heseltine will really hold Skoda / VW's feet to the fire over a little matter like cars with faults and the Manufacturers not giving a damn?

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg.1c5f154eb3a9e5b957c098c67aac4000.jpg

3F32B1B5-F23B-402F-8B13-C6E8E7199550.jpeg.598ca93953d2766fa7c5540be9bc7737.jpeg

Edited by Offski

Just now, Offski said:

Do you really think 'What Car / Autocar / Piston Heads all owned by Haymarket Media Group / Lord Michael Heseltine will really hold Skoda / VW's feet to the fire over a little matter like cars with faults and the Manufacturers not giving a damn?

Not when they rely on lucrative ADVERTISING MONEY from the VW group companies. That would be like cutting off your big toe.:crying:

Not when David Cameron gave Lord Michael a special job back when he could, 

and before that Lord Michael was there assisting VW buy Bentley.

& then VW is a customer of Haymarket Media Group not just an Advertiser. As are Jaguar and many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Media_Group

Now with the Emissions Analytics Company they have money in and their Ex Employees work for why was the Emissions Scandal never known sooner than September 2015.  A Company the UK Government employ and rely on.

Just blind stupidity, or maybe none are so blind as those that will not see, hear or speak.

Edited by Offski

You make a very good point, still I'm going to give it a go and see if they even pay me lip service. Perhaps if enough of us whinge they might have to at least pretend to be interested considering they expect people to buy on their recommendations.

8 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

You make a very good point, still I'm going to give it a go and see if they even pay me lip service. Perhaps if enough of us whinge they might have to at least pretend to be interested considering they expect people to buy on their recommendations.

Apparently the kangaroo problem is worse in Australia.:blush

• Haha 1

Again I'm going to say it.

It's not a problem it's the way the thing is designed,either

1.dont use any throttle and just use clutch and let the car do it's magic or 

2. Boot the fecking thing and thereby completely bypass the cars intervention.

It's called progress you know ,auto lights, self parking ,lane assist ,hill start assist,auto handbrake,hill hold etc.etc.

Why in the name of all that's holy would you do anything to encourage people to actually learn to drive ?

^^^ Do you have a 1.5TSI Manual ?

?

Why are Dealership employees tell owners there is a Update coming from  VW, Skoda, Audi, SEAT?

Always the driver, never the engineering / software..... That will be chocolate!

Edited by Offski

25 minutes ago, 181ce said:

Again I'm going to say it.

It's not a problem it's the way the thing is designed,either

1.dont use any throttle and just use clutch and let the car do it's magic or 

2. Boot the fecking thing and thereby completely bypass the cars intervention.

It's called progress you know ,auto lights, self parking ,lane assist ,hill start assist,auto handbrake,hill hold etc.etc.

Why in the name of all that's holy would you do anything to encourage people to actually learn to drive ?

Nothing wrong with my driving abilites, yet wife's car can make me look like a learner when it lurches forward in first.:call:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Offski said:

^^^ Do you have a 1.5TSI Manual ?

?

Why are Dealership employees tell owners there is a Update coming from  VW, Skoda, Audi, SEAT?

Nope not personally.

Aquaintance of mine has.

Fobbing people off ?

Update presumably will be fine tune the anti stall feature somemore, can't see them removing it least people might have to drive.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Nothing wrong with my driving abilites, yet wife's car can make me look like a learner when it lurches forward in first.:call:

Never suggested there was.

I did however suggest driving it differently.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Offski said:

^^^ ? What car / model does the aquaintance have and have they let you drive it?

It would seem that not all have the issue, complain about it or want it sorted out.

Karoq manual.

Yes I've driven it,yes you can make it kangaroo at will.

I imagine they all do it,I can only assume people either do the drive differently thing or don't care ?

Perhaps I'm not one to comment as I've driven so many yokes throughout my life I just automatically drive to suit the particular vehicle ?

Why should we have to adapt our driving style to suit the car? They need to fix the issue.

I have adjusted but it's hardly enjoyable having to either crawl from a standing start or screech away at high revs.

Hopefully when I take mine in they will still have the Yeti as a courtesy car, I'll be keeping it until mine is fixed B)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Why should we have to adapt our driving style to suit the car? They need to fix the issue.

I have adjusted but it's hardly enjoyable having to either crawl from a standing start or screech away at high revs.

Hopefully when I take mine in they will still have the Yeti as a courtesy car, I'll be keeping it until mine is fixed B)

I don't disagree,but it ain't an issue,like I said progress

Now to be fair it's hardly an ordeal though is it ? ,and It's not really crawl away Vs screech away TBH.

Edited by 181ce

Fix the manta,leave the kitchen appliance to the wife .........

1 minute ago, TheRealExile said:

Well it kind of is crawl away v High revs v ride the clutch.... that's my experience at least.

Progress.... :angry:  I'd much rather be sat back in my 52 plate Octavia VRS or my Manta that's sat waiting for me to get round to restoring it :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

I'm in complete agreement. I've never had to adjust my driving style for a car to perform as I'd expect it to. Skoda has acknowledge to me "THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM" with the 1.5tsi ! Our car is with the garage over 2 weeks and they provided us with a loan car 1.6tdi Karoq. After 2 weeks of silence from Skoda and the garage we've informed them that we do not want the car back and are working on a complete refund. 

Just so inform people on here. Skoda Ireland and possibly Skoda themselves are monitoring this thread and the T-roc forum also. I'd sent them a link to both. If posted on a boards website here on Ireland and I'm aware that they are monitoring that thread even though I never provided them a link to that thread! Interesting.

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I've kissed the Blarney Stone in Eire but I think you must have swallowed it!:devil:

???

Wouldn't have thought of myself as a particularly loquacious character.

1 minute ago, jcdub said:

I'm in complete agreement. I've never had to adjust my driving style for a car to perform as I'd expect it to. Skoda has acknowledge to me "THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM" with the 1.5tsi ! Our car is with the garage over 2 weeks and they provided us with a loan car 1.6tdi Karoq. After 2 weeks of silence from Skoda and the garage we've informed them that we do not want the car back and are working on a complete refund. 

Just so inform people on here. Skoda Ireland and possibly Skoda themselves are monitoring this thread and the T-roc forum also. I'd sent them a link to both. If posted on a boards website here on Ireland and I'm aware that they are monitoring that thread even though I never provided them a link to that thread! Interesting.

I'm probably stuck with mine as it's a company vehicle via Lex so will have to harp on at them until they fix it. 

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Your currently making yourself as popular as CONNOR MACGREGOR.:D

I'm am actually properly offended being mentioned in the same breath as that complete and utter #anker please apologize.