1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

I have followed this thread as for my DSG it does not pull off very smoothly and a bit juddery to start, not full on kangaroo but certainly not very smoothly.

Maybe a design issue which the DSG mitigates while manual suffers more from. I will pay closer attention to see how the DSG works the next week...

On 08/10/2018 at 13:14, jcdub said:

I'm in complete agreement. I've never had to adjust my driving style for a car to perform as I'd expect it to. Skoda has acknowledge to me "THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM" with the 1.5tsi ! Our car is with the garage over 2 weeks and they provided us with a loan car 1.6tdi Karoq. After 2 weeks of silence from Skoda and the garage we've informed them that we do not want the car back and are working on a complete refund. 

Just so inform people on here. Skoda Ireland and possibly Skoda themselves are monitoring this thread and the T-roc forum also. I'd sent them a link to both. If posted on a boards website here on Ireland and I'm aware that they are monitoring that thread even though I never provided them a link to that thread! Interesting.

Update! The Skoda dealer has taken the car back and are issuing a refund. Now it's time to look at our options. Audi Q3 s line 1.4 dsg possibly..

I wish those of you who are pursuing your dealers for a fix or other all the best. Don't give up!

• Like 1

A crap situation to have been in, but glad you got a full refund, if it was me it would put me off buying from any of the VAG group...

Hope the next car is better for you.

14 hours ago, iwsitl said:

Start&Stop is about emmisions and not about economy so no Robert the Bruce but Jeaq Questeu for you ;)

So just to clarify when your engine's running you are using less fuel than when my engine has stopped at the traffic lights. You must live in some alternative universe to me and the other 7 billion people on PLANET EARTH.:dry:

Having had the stop start turned off for around 24 hours now, I can honestly say it pulls away smoothly, probably how it should pull away with stop start turned on, it’s just rembering to disable it when restarting the car :party: I wonder if Skoda will deny there’s still a problem with it now:giggle:

19 hours ago, Markyj said:

Having had the stop start turned off for around 24 hours now, I can honestly say it pulls away smoothly, probably how it should pull away with stop start turned on, it’s just rembering to disable it when restarting the car :party: I wonder if Skoda will deny there’s still a problem with it now:giggle:

And the fact they have issued someone a refund would imply guilt also, worrying though in that maybe there is no easy fix :sadsmile:

13 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Is there a way to switch it off full time rather than having to remember to press the button each time I start the car?

NO

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Is there a way to switch it off full time rather than having to remember to press the button each time I start the car?

Yes, local dealer told me that using vag-com coding they can turn it off.

32 minutes ago, Offski said:

That a member rejected a Karoq and they did the buy back is a big deal and needs highlighted and maybe a thread of it's own.

I’m going back for my monthly moan next week and I will definitely make them aware of the recent buy  back.

i love the car but I just want it sorting.

Arkaig, cheers ,

i can not see the left hand side of the posts on the phone so had no idea the member got a refund in Ireland.

But not to worry the Czech Republic is in the EU, Ireland is and so is the UK, we are all Jock Tamson's bairns, 

so if the cars have Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, Materials, Component or Software failures then all in that together.

VW Group / Skoda will have to address issues, or maybe owners need to be addressing VW with actions of the legal kind.

• Like 1

I got the stock template reply from Skoda UK exactly 3 working days after my complaint   asking me for my address and vin number and what dealer I am taking it to. :notme:

No response to any of my points including forwarding my complaint to Skoda cz.

Anyway it's in next week but not holding my breath.

No response from What Skoda to my email to them.

If they do nothing I will get Lex on their case, a small drop in the Ocean to Skoda maybe but my company takes 6000 cars on lease and if they are not fit for purpose I'm sure fleet will take them off the list.

• Like 1

For what it is worth I picked up my new 1.5 TSI SEL DSG yesterday. Happily no "first gear" issue at all. Drive mode was set to "normal"  and the automatic engine stop and start was on.

Edited by COYIWELLS
misprint