1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

36 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Just got back from the dealers and the mechanic believes it relates to a known issue around judder which is in their database, sadly as yet there is no fix :sadsmile:

I urge anyone with the issue to get your car in to the dealership if you haven't already, the more people with the issue the more pressure to fix it.

On my health check sheet they have written awaiting Skoda Technical fix.

Here is where the plot thickens!

I rang Skoda UK just now to speak with the person handling my case, She said I have spoken to lookers 1/2 hour ago and they have told me they were unable to replicate the issue :o

I said hang on the mechanic drove it, told me there was a known issue and why is it on my copy of the sheet awaiting Skoda technical fix?

She was very apologetic and is calling the dealership to speak with the mechanic rather than the service advisor.

Lets see what happens next! 

This is known in the trade as "THE RUN AROUND". They are experts at wasting your time but you haven't realised this just yet. Give a few weeks and it will sink in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Offski said:

Lookers Stockport need to get their act together with Master Tech to Workshop Manager to Service Desk to which ever random person talks with Skoda UK CS Communications manager.

Always best to have everything in writing and signed and dated, and the name / job title of those that say things. 

Glad I got something in writing or they could have denied it!

• Like 1

It may have been introduced late in the day during emission testing/compliance phase, mods to ensure limits were met. Note the journalist says it feels a lot different from the launch models.

Plus a lot of the senior development gurus left in the wake of dieselgate.

Edited by xman

5 minutes ago, xman said:

It may have been introduced late in the day during emission testing/compliance phase, mods to ensure limits were met. Note the journalist says it feels a lot different from the launch models.

Plus a lot of the senior development gurus left in the wake of dieselgate.

Most of the press demo cars were Edition DSG diesels so journo's didn't get to drive manual 1.5Tsi poverty models.:o

56 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

I've said this before but why aren't these sorts of problems picked up during the exhaustive testing that is carried out by the manufacturer before release?

A year ago the anti-stall feature revved the engine at 1800 rpm when pulling away in first. Lots of customers complained about that so a software update reduced that to 1100 rpm. That seems to have introduced the kangaroo problem so now we’re waiting on another update. Wouldn’t surprise me if they increased the revs again.

I bought a Karoq 1.5 petrol in June this year. At the time it was the only 1.5 petrol on Skoda dealer network of approx 3 month old demo vehicles being sold (mine had 1000 miles on the clock). All the others were 1.0 petrol or 2.0 diesels (possibly the odd 1.6 diesel). I noticed the 1st gear issue and put it down as irritating rather a serious problem. It is only an issue when cold engine when I crawl off the drive and down the cul-de-sac. You would describe as a very mild form of kangaroo hopping. By the time I am pulling out onto the main road a quarter of a mile later it is not an issue (probably because I am now driving at 30mph rather than the 10mph when I start off. If I encounter any queues on the way to work (25 miles) and I am in 1st gear it is not noticeable. This is my experience for what it is worth. I will be raising this with the dealer in Yeovil in case it becomes more serious in the future but it it does not stop me driving the car at the moment. And for anyone interested it has currently clocked just over 6000miles at at average of 44.8 mpg ( nb: it’s my car and I don’t drive it as hard as the Volvo V60 diesel I previously had as a company car)

Edited by Kyia
Typo
  • Like 1

Have had our 1.5 TSI manual for 9 days and both husband and I get the 'kangarooing' in 1st gear. Happens every time pull away after engine started from cold. Have also experienced complete loss of power when put car in 2nd gear after the kangarooing, but this has only happened a few times (keeping an eye on this). Kangarooing is really really annoying. Ringing dealership tomorrow to report.

8 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Have had our 1.5 TSI manual for 9 days and both husband and I get the 'kangarooing' in 1st gear. Happens every time pull away after engine started from cold. Have also experienced complete loss of power when put car in 2nd gear after the kangarooing, but this has only happened a few times (keeping an eye on this). Kangarooing is really really annoying. Ringing dealership tomorrow to report.

Welcome to the ever increasing membership of the “kangaroo club”

Dont  let the dealer fob you off!!

it’s fast approaching the time for collective action if they don’t get a fix sorted soon. I’ve been back three times since July and still no fix!!! Surely three months is enough time to develop a fix if they are actually doing something?

Good luck!!

Spoken to Skoda UK today, they now recognise the issue. They mentioned the Auto versions still have the issue but it's nowhere near as noticeable.

There is no fix but they are working on one, it's not classed as safety so is not classed as urgent so they say.

I pointed out that it is safety especially as mine decided to kangaroo last night just as I was pulling out of a junction, also pointed out the car in Ireland that was refunded as it was indeed classed as safety.

I mentioned the decent thing to do was to put me in another car until there is  a fix, they also mentioned they are waiting on their legal team around the not fit for purpose argument if I wanted to return the vehicle.

Again I pointed out that is a very last resort, I like the car and simply want it fixing (if indeed a fix is possible)

Coming back to me next week so they say!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

?

^^^ Who do you speak with at Skoda UK some engineer or some Communications manager with some degree in Business Management or typing?
The Autos, or as they are DSG Automated manuals still have what issue?

Up until recently they had never heard of the issue with manuals and now they have an issue with autos that nobody is mentioning.

Edited by Offski

Has anyone on here had issues with 1.5TSI DSG's ?   Great combinations IMO.

They will hear so often in Milton Keynes or Leeds on DQ200 DSG issues that they make out they never hear about that they likely have that on the brain.

?

So who has @TheRealExile have as a handler?

Then if anyone is at Lookers Skoda or any Dealership that says, Never heard of any issues with 1.5 TSI DSG', 

the owners can say 'Joe the Plumber @ Skoda UK does and says they still have issues but are not so noticeable'.

Edited by Offski

Ski, Its one thing naming and shaming top people in Skoda UK or VAG, but digging up personal details of more ordinary employees and ridiculing them is not on. You have no knowledge of her ability.

Please refrain with the implied insults.

• Like 1

No digging, they are the ones that give their details on Social Media and the internet. 

Like reading a forum post or profile you just look and see.

No knowledge, you are correct.   Naming is like saying Rod Mc:Leod Skoda UK CEO has been with VW since 1996, he must know stuff as well.

But i have some knowledge of the Communication Managers that used to be there.

Ones that eventually were dealing fairly with issues.  

If Dealerships want to say,  Never Heard of that before, someone can refer them to Cherie Cornish maybe, 

she knows about Manual 1.5 TSI 1st gear issues and automatics as well.

We can not say 'They all do that'. With the post in the link.

Anymore reports of issues pulling away smoothly, because journalists said it about many DSG's years back and it has been getting said often since by people that do not drive 2 pedal cars very much or ever.

Edited by Offski
  • Sad 1

PS,

People should not have to have the internet to find others with the same issues because they are being dismissed at Dealerships or Customer Services.

Denial of issues is the VW way and it has become the Skoda way, with the 3 most recent Skoda UK Brand Directors it seems to be getting worse.

People who are professional should deal professionally with people.

After sales, communications, honest and then they get the respect of customers and Skoda might have earned the reputation they had.

If you are getting back to them do it or have someone do it.

If the Sales Executives and Resolutions Manager and Seniors know that Skoda Dealership Employees are BSing owners then they know who to contact, 

the Dealer Principal or motor group CEO's.

Edited by Offski

It doesn't matter what you think ski, both in the Octavia and the Karoq forums are posts saying Skoda acknowledges there is an issue with the 1.5tsi and are working on a fix. It makes sense that this is an engine management issue, and its also reasonable to understand why a manual transmission would suffer more, as a human foot is control of the clutch and not a computer.

We have to wait for a fix. Simply put.

Stop with digging up dirt and ridicule on low to mid range employees, it will not achieve anything and hurts the image of this site.

Please enlighten us with your academic qualifications instead, or would you rather not?

• Haha 1