1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

As above Phone call probably earlier than most because I was only speaking to Skoda UK yesterday evening about having a courtesy car so this release has come at an opportune time!

Good luck to us all. :-D

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JakeB1941 said:

SKODA UK and my Dealer. Already booked my Karoq in so contact your dealers folks there is going to be a queue.

Me likewise; call from Skoda UK and dealer. I said that I was happy to wait a short while for a workshop slot as I'm content with the Scout for a couple more weeks.

• Like 1

We got a full refund, having rejected the Karoq within 30 days or purchase, It took about a month to get the cash back. We used Which? to generate a letter and then tinkered with that.  UK consumer law worked for us.  We didn't bother to claim interest, petrol or other costs and didn't take a loan vehicle. 

We didn't deal with Skoda or VAG at all, just insisted that the dealer (Euro Skoda Crawley) took responsibility as is their legal duty.  For those wanting to avoid such vehicles, the registration number was GV68 XPJ.

Not a happy episode but we are at least free from VAG, and won't be buying any of their vehicles in future, as they shouldn't have continued to sell these vehicles when they knew they had this issue. 

Still waiting for the DVSA to get to the bottom of this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2019 at 13:10, rayx said:

New updates available ask at your dealer about it, this might be the clue all waiting for :cool:

Flashdaten_Skoda_20190319
05E906018AF_7418   Kodiaq file from 21.3.2019
05E906018C_7420   Superb file from 21.3.2019
05E906018R_7421   Karoq file from 21.3.2019

@MrKonjic for Octavia unfortunately no new update available ...

For all who did not understand, 19th March 2019 released engine ECU software updates for following ECU´s

05E906018AF_7418 for Kodiaq

05E906018C_7420 for Superb

05E906018R_7421 for Karoq

where files are dated as from 21st March 2019 ... That´s German order :tongue: Pay attention, yet other ECU´s are used at Skoda cars ...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/?do=findComment&comment=5192634

You can check on your own when you are registered on erWin :cool:

Edited by rayx
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JakeB1941 said:

STOP PRESS

New Software Released Yesterday!!!

Lets hope it works.

Well, 26th March 2019 was updated the TPI to 2050744/7, so dealers are now instructed to update ECU SW online :cool: all depends on VIN

2k.JPG.92c32a57c19b931ab13e4c4e5584b503.

I've tried my VIN on the skoda recall page but it says that there is no recall for my car although it is affected by the problem. Also, how do I find out which ECU I have?

5 hours ago, Gaz1985 said:

I wish all of you who are holding out for the 'fix' the best of luck and hope it cures the issues once and for all.

I on the other hand was not.

I took the decision to reject the car back in January (just less than 6 months ownership). 

I wasn't prepared to take the risk of driving my family around in it anymore, nor was I prepared to hold out for the TPI which may or may not solve the issues.

The vehicle registration of the rejected vehicle is DC18MVL, although I haven't seen it listed for sale as of yet, maybe it will be the dealers guinea pig to test the update out before selling on.

I will continue to watch this thread with intereset hoping it works out for you all.

If it doesn't and anyone would like more information or advice on rejecting their vehicle please feel free to pm me.

All the best!

I'm just going through rejection now.

How did you get on with full refund

2 minutes ago, Armeg1 said:

I'm just going through rejection now.

How did you get on with full refund

Unfortunately I didn't receive a full refund as I "wasn't without the vehicle at any point" to which I argued if I was aware of this I'd have returned it to the dealer as soon as the rejection was raised.

But legal advice advised me to hold onto the car until instructed.

So basically I was charged for usage for a couple of months as if I was leasing it, but I received my full deposit back and a monthly payment was refunded.

If you have taken out any GAP insurance, cancel as soon as its returned as the amount refunded decreases day by day.

Good luck and I hope you get the best outcome! 

P.S. any other questions feel free to p.m. me

33 minutes ago, Janner74 said:

I've tried my VIN on the skoda recall page but it says that there is no recall for my car although it is affected by the problem. Also, how do I find out which ECU I have?

It isn't a recall issue for the moment is it, it is just a software update which will hopefully do what people are expecting it to do.

I am putting the Karoq into my nearest Skoda retailer to get the driver's side/offside lock replaced as it came up as a fault during a diagnostic check for f&r indicator lights coming on by themselves during a wet and stormy evening a few weeks ago, the other fault which appeared during the checks was that the car was still in transport mode ?????

Very occasionally getting some minor rooing if in 1st gear and some flat spot/lack of oomph at around 1000-1300 revs but maybe that is just a characteristic of the turbo at that lower amount of revs.

Will probably get a call tomorrow from Skoda UK if the update mentioned today is relevant for my Karoq i.e.a week 50 build.

Edited by Apprentice
spilling error

27 minutes ago, Janner74 said:

Where do I find the recall page please?