Octavia 245 Owners Club

On 4/24/2018 at 17:38, themanwithnoaim said:

Oh this happened today

20180424_055407.jpg

My car currently having a rest as am using wife's Karoq. Mileage is 8,922 and computer shows first service due in another 8,800 miles. That will be in 8.5 months at current rate. 17 months between servicing is pretty good going for such a high performance machine.

30 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My car currently having a rest as am using wife's Karoq. Mileage is 8,922 and computer shows first service due in another 8,800 miles. That will be in 8.5 months at current rate. 17 months between servicing is pretty good going for such a high performance machine.

Hmmm, I'm going fixed servicing on mine so, only a coupla thousand more for me

13 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm, I'm going fixed servicing on mine so, only a coupla thousand more for me

I'm with you, I dont buy into any of this 20k between servicing malarkey....          Previous tuned cars I've always done an oil change every 6k!

I like the gray interior/stitching, i would have preferred that but cant get that over here, only the red is available.

What are the options in the UK? gray / red or both?

2 hours ago, Mark7 said:

I like the gray interior/stitching, i would have preferred that but cant get that over here, only the red is available.

What are the options in the UK? gray / red or both?

Choice is red or grey, I went for red because it looks good in a black car.

Does anyone use Skoda Connect in their car? Mine works so intermittently and I've no idea why. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers - I have a Galaxy S8 with EE if that makes any difference. At the moment, I am seeing 'no data connection' around 95% of the time 0 despite having full 4G at the time.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

4 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Does anyone use Skoda Connect in their car? Mine works so intermittently and I've no idea why. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers - I have a Galaxy S8 with EE if that makes any difference. At the moment, I am seeing 'no data connection' around 95% of the time 0 despite having full 4G at the time.

Its because you're on EE. quite a lot of info on here somewhere if you browse through (Fell free to just look at whatever I've posted in. Most is to do with flippin' skoda connect

Mine is PAYG and data lasts 1 year before timing out, its been in the car since 30th March and i haven't even used a GB (and 100MB of that was me accidentally downloading an app over the hot spot at home)

i just keep it in the centre console. Car wifi's to it and passes any data through if you're connecting to the cars built in hotspot (which i do to connect the Skoda Oneapp, as i don't want to plug my phone in all the time)

32 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

I started using it all the time after discovering it provides live traffic data onto the NAV system.  Only had it 3 months and didn't know..

It doesn't connect first time, I have to switch the personal hotspot on/off and then it picks up the connection.  I am Vodafone and have had now data issues.

I am on Vodafone and have no data issues. 

5042E36F-47DD-483B-99B7-6C6A283CBA0C.jpeg

Edited by pkoconnor

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

Thank you, I'll take a look at mine. I don't think I have anything in there to keep it powered. I'll explore later today.

Could you not stick it in the boot and power it from the 12v socket, maybe using one of those 12v USB chargers? 

I don’t keep Mine plugged in as I don’t want it to continuously drain the battery when the car is off. I don’t dare why any manufacturer would wire a car to keep the power live with the car off! I just have a short cable that I use to charge it when it needs it. Wife usually just drive the car around town so it’s not used all that much, buts a family car so want it too work when we’re on outings/holidays etc

40 minutes ago, Robbijay said:

I don’t keep Mine plugged in as I don’t want it to continuously drain the battery when the car is off. I don’t dare why any manufacturer would wire a car to keep the power live with the car off! 

If you have a 12V cool box then you really want the power to be permanently live...

49 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

If you have a 12V cool box then you really want the power to be permanently live...

But I’d rather the car started than have fresh food to eat while I’ve waited for a jump...