Octavia 245 Owners Club

3 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

I like the fact mine is viewed as a potential undercover cop car, I have seen some strange behaviour around me at times esp on the M3, cars which were catching me very quickly suddenly slow down and crawl past me for instance lol

This is because I'm always on my best behaviour with the family in the car and people think hmm its a 'fast' car travelling at legal speeds on the motorway.

Beware if travelling through Leicestershire J20-J23 on the M1 because the Police use an unmarked White 67 plate 245.;)

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Beware if travelling through Leicestershire J20-J23 on the M1 because the Police use an unmarked White 67 plate 245.;)

My trips on the M1 usually stop around J14 for Milton Keynes but thanks for the headsup!

13 hours ago, simion_levi said:

Certainly hope not! My MY20 MK3 Challenge has a September build date.

MY21s will be the Mk4 coming around similar times in 2020 I'd say.

On 05/08/2019 at 16:02, Scotty72 said:

I like the fact mine is viewed as a potential undercover cop car, I have seen some strange behaviour around me at times esp on the M3, cars which were catching me very quickly suddenly slow down and crawl past me for instance lol

This is because I'm always on my best behaviour with the family in the car and people think hmm its a 'fast' car travelling at legal speeds on the motorway.

Back in 2004 I was running a dark green V70 on Kent plates, & I used the bottom half of the M25 every two weeks, Whilst trundling along at 70 mph no-one wanted to overtake, maybe V70's were used as Q cars by the local plod? 

Nowadays no-one even notices my Silver barge or madams R wagon, whereas when I'm using my R hatch ........

33 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

Back in 2004 I was running a dark green V70 on Kent plates, & I used the bottom half of the M25 every two weeks, Whilst trundling along at 70 mph no-one wanted to overtake, maybe V70's were used as Q cars by the local plod? 

Nowadays no-one even notices my Silver barge or madams R wagon, whereas when I'm using my R hatch ........

You need to fit a pair of blue LED's in the grill and tint the wing mirror indicators blue then you won't even need a siren.:thinking:

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 16:17, shyVRS245 said:

You need to fit a pair of blue LED's in the grill and tint the wing mirror indicators blue then you won't even need a siren.:thinking:

Good thought, but which car...........?

Octavia vRS 245 Estate black pack owner.

Took 13weeks order to delivery as I ordered virtual cockpit and exclusive Velvet Red. There it is with my wife’s BMW 1 series M-Sport.

Done 1500 miles in 3 weeks - loved every mile so far!

Skoda OneApp tells me I have used all 245 horses a couple of times, and have measured my own 0-62 in the damp in 7.6s...

7BDB3746-9E73-4493-BA1C-FF3EECC89ECF.jpeg

7CF2A3C3-1C70-4A51-AE22-FE0CC456A1A0.jpeg

65EB46CA-E033-4A10-B3E9-449B4C0AAC1A.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Can see the richness (sorry for the pun) of the Velvet over the solid Corrida red. Is it manual or DSG?:thumbup:

Oh man it’s a beautiful colour in the flesh. Really glistens in the light.

went for manual petrol.  Love it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoisyRich said:

Oh man it’s a beautiful colour in the flesh. Really glistens in the light.

went for manual petrol.  Love it!

Good taste you have and the DSG boys don't get the interaction they are missing being in complete control stirring the lovely gearlever around. 2 years and 24,600 miles later and still enjoying every drive. Having an extra 94bhp helps a little I suppose.:nod:

On 16/08/2018 at 07:46, shyVRS245 said:

So my VRS245 is one year old tomorrow and I thought I would share some running costs with anyone thinking of buying one.

12,410 miles covered using 1,377.38 litres (302.98 gallons) of super unleaded (99 octane).

Total cost £1,725.78 or £143.82 per month.

Average 40.96 MPG.

Best car I have owned by a big margin unbelievable economy considering last 5,000 miles it has been coping with over 300BHP at 5,500 revs and has hit 150,160 and 165MPH during that time. SIMPLY BRILLIANT!:D

Thought I would do an update on the eve of my 245 turning 2 years old since I collected on August 17th 2017 with 19 miles on the clock. Currently showing 24,620 miles. Total fuel cost now £3,656.44 which is 2,758.28 litres or 606.75 gallons at a very impressive average of 40.55MPG. No faults, no rattles and one service at 18,500 miles back in January. Used no oil since then and Inspection Service due in 12,700 miles so that will arrive just before the first MOT in August 2020. Very happy with all aspects of the car and look forward to reporting another update in 12 months time.:thumbup:Road tax 1st year £200, 2nd year £140 and 3rd year £145.:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 16/08/2019 at 15:22, shyVRS245 said:

Thought I would do an update on the eve of my 245 turning 2 years old since I collected on August 17th 2017 with 19 miles on the clock.

25th of August for mine, seriously thinking of letting it go, as the neighbour is happy to lend me his fun car (ML63 AMG) for dump runs with my trailer.

Mine 245 doesn't do the motorway mileage of yours but, I'm happy enough with nearly 25mpg over its 22k mile considering I driving it like I just stole it at EVERY opportunity 

On 04/08/2019 at 21:19, andygman said:

Mr Ree. Clearly someone is being fed wrong information then! I have sources you have yours! Go ahead and order and see what happens is the only way to know that what you are being fed is correct. I will be more than happy to be corrected. 

I went to look at a fully kitted 245 Demo yesterday and with all the options it was costing more than a new 245, so challenged the salesman on this and we went inside to see what he could get a new one down to with the current pcp contribution, he come back and said he could not put through a factory order on a 245 DSG Estate. He is ringing me Monday with an update, but that may be it for factory orders.

On this note if there are no further factory orders and the mark 4 is due to hit dealerships by early next year / end of this year is it worth holding out for stock clearance or sell off of demos, or does it normally work the other way and the vRS will better hold its value at least until the new vRS hits the streets. My thoughts are dealerships are not going to want a mark 4 Octy in the showroom alongside a mark 3 vRS, test drives on the Mark 3 will not be needed pretty soon if orders are not possible and so the sell off begins.

Edited by jonnyboy78

7 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Try a different dealer, according to the latest brochure the 245 estate with DSG is still available. He might be trying to sell you the Ex Demo................

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 11.34.13.png

* Stock engines only 

Is that only the challenge model you have listed, I am looking at the standard 245 as don't really want 19" Wheels and Keyless entry and start.

Edited by jonnyboy78

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

* Stock Engines Only

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 12.12.29.png

The problem is all of that is not up to date because it relates to MY19 whereas we know that current production is MY20.

So any more new factory orders for a vRS now,who knows?

I'm happy mine is in the country and I pick it up on Sept 2 with a 69 plate!

Edited by *JP*

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

* Stock Engines Only

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 12.12.29.png

I have just spoken to the dealership and a second salesman (the one I dealt with yesterday not back in until Monday) told me that he had the same issue with an Octavia order earlier today, they will be calling someone at Skoda monday to get confirmation of what is happening as its correct MY20 are now in production.

I may have to opt for a Demo or Pre Reg not alot of stock about with right colour etc, on the plus side these demos do seem to be loaded with options but trying to put a price on a vehicle with so many options is difficult, they want £25300 for a 245 DSG Estate with just under 2k miles on it (19 plate June), comes with £3450 worth of options inc Pan Roof, Digi Dash, Heated Seats, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel, Front & Rear Sensors and Winter Pack.

Without the options similar mileage & year are around £22500 so paying an extra £2800 for the privlege of £3.5k of used options, dont mind paying a bit more but they seem to be trying to claw back almost the full cost of the fitted options which does not feel right on what is a used second hand vehicle... thoughts?

Edited by jonnyboy78