Still no build week!

2 hours ago, bripat said:

I have just been told that my 1.5 sel that I ordered in MAY will not be available until new year!!! Now I need to try find a car to cover this delay.

Try googling mobex VW finance. Seems they are willing to provide cars where there are delays in production. I've just seen this on a another VAG based forum and I had never heard of it. Suspect that's because they don't want everyone knowing about it and in term get people to extend lease/finance deals. 

Is the root cause for this WLTP mess that the manufacturers started testing too late, that the regulation came too quickly, that there aren't enough testing stations or something else? Every car should have been tested with WLTP well before it was implemented as a requirement, even if that meant waiting until 2020.

I'd heard that the legislation was passed when expected but that some manufacturers didn't expect it to get passed, or for the date by which they needed to be compliant being so soon.

"Carmaker responses said the late publication of WLTP guidelines was causing a backlog at laboratories, and the rush to register vehicles before the cut-off date could cause supply gaps."

Edited by silver1011

On 18/10/2018 at 17:45, jamiemad said:

Try googling mobex VW finance. Seems they are willing to provide cars where there are delays in production. I've just seen this on a another VAG based forum and I had never heard of it. Suspect that's because they don't want everyone knowing about it and in term get people to extend lease/finance deals. 

Same problem mate!

:( 

Hello from Greece dear friends! 

May I want to apologise about my poor english at fiirst!

Secondly I want to ask here if someone knows more about the WLTP test about the Skoda Kodiaq TSI 1.5 4x4 ... I made the order for this car last June 2018!!! They told me that I should have it the middle of October... Now they say (maybe) at the end of January 2019!!!

Does anybody know more about this case??? Lot of people here are waiting for their cars... Many people have no cars for their families!!! This situation seems to be stuck!!!! Please inform me for something if possible... Does anybody knows??? 

So this is the latest. Car was to be built week commencing 8th (2 weeks ago). Checked back Thursday and that's what they are saying. Asked if that meant my car was built and they said they didn't have that info but as it was being tested they would imagine it was built. All times are as they've said but can't help but feel they are just sticking to a script. I'll know in a month I suppose 

Screenshot_20181020-104008_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gustychelsea said:

So this is the latest. Car was to be built week commencing 8th (2 weeks ago). Checked back Thursday and that's what they are saying. Asked if that meant my car was built and they said they didn't have that info but as it was being tested they would imagine it was built. All times are as they've said but can't help but feel they are just sticking to a script. I'll know in a month I suppose 

Screenshot_20181020-104008_WhatsApp.jpg

Is it sure enough this date??? I afraid it's not... I'm very dissapointed with all this delay... Nothing yet is sure... And none says a standar date of manufacturing or delivery... It' s very crazy to wait over 6 months for a car... :( 

9 minutes ago, Gustychelsea said:

Thanks. What model and engine did you order?

I recently had the displeasure of celebrating my 6 month anniversary! That’s 6 months since I ordered the car! 26 weeks of waiting and still no build week allocated. I don’t understand how others who have ordered the 2.0tsi Edition after me have had theirs built and are waiting for WLTP approval and yet mine isn’t even scheduled for building. Apparently Skoda don’t know why either, but I am quickly learning that Skoda don’t know their ar*e from their elbow.

Weekly updates since I raised a complaint which tell me absolutely nothing. I’ve looked on CEO finder to complain to the top, but the Skoda UK boss is still listed as having a VW email address. Anyone got any ideas?

Rant over...for now!!! 

I called my dealer last week. Told them this is absurd and asked them if I changed my 2.0 tsi to 2.0 tdi that will speed things up.

he said he needs to check with managers. Next time I get a call and was told if I switched engine, I could get it January at the latest.

i agreed of course and we signed the changed contract.

next day I get a call and he asks me - if I like another set of wheels. He said if I changed order to use those wheels we could get the car December.

i am like - are you kidding me - of course I love to change wheels, so I am awaiting final confirmation on Thursday.

trying not to get my hopes too high though as until I see the keys, I don’t believe it 

I ordered the 1.4tsi (now 1.5tsi) on the 3rd of july, dealer emailed me yesterday to say it has an unconfirmed build week of week 47 (3rd week of Nov). 

Trying to stay positive and be patient; spec for spec, skoda was the cheapest manufacturer that had good ratings. 

Hopefully the dealer hands the car to me before 2018 runs out (I know, I am being optimistic - what else can I really do) 

I was guaranteed 3 weeks for an outlander phev last week - I almost signed the dotted lines. 

^^^ You should have signed on the line while the going was good.

With the Plug in Grants cancelled from November or Reduced for EV's the leasing companies in the UK are going to have to charge more money you would expect.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 16:55, SkodaNor said:

Is the root cause for this WLTP mess that the manufacturers started testing too late, that the regulation came too quickly, that there aren't enough testing stations or something else? Every car should have been tested with WLTP well before it was implemented as a requirement, even if that meant waiting until 2020.

Every other manufacturer has managed to organise  for this well in advance publicised measure with only minimal disruption, BMW, Mercedes, all the French, Korean and Japanese .

Only VAG are still struggling.

Official lines - too many variants, too few test engineers and test beds.

Truth - many engines didn't meet euro6d emission standards, new software, new hardware, GPFs have to be designed, fitted, tested, find they still don't comply, repeat.

Problem is anyone who knew anything about engine design and development either were pushed or left leaving hardly anyone with knowledge. Dieselgate's legacy.

3 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Nice car, but a brave choice!

Got a pretty good deal, they were also doing a good deal on servicing, warranty and roadside recovery, so we figured why not?

4 minutes ago, rykard said:

Got a pretty good deal, they were also doing a good deal on servicing, warranty and roadside recovery, so we figured why not?

Yeah I hear roadside recovery is an essential with Alfa's. ;)

• Haha 2

The Stelvio is a beautiful car but cant be compared to the Kodiaq when it comes to size - i.e 525 liter boot where the 5 seater Kodiaq has 720 is a BIG difference.

There are only 2 of us and we figured we can always put the back seats down if needed. 

We had ordered a Kodiaq, but when would we have got it? your guess seems to be as good as mine atm... 

There was one parked out on the grass outside our local Alfa dealer, it was stickered-up to promote a 5 year warranty.

Just checked their website, 3 years is standard, with years 4 and 5 a cost option, much like Skoda.

Perhaps they're throwing the extra 2 years in as part of the current promotion?