Too Common

Will you guys stop telling everyone how good the Superb is, they were rare when I got mine but now I can't go out without seeing them, it is rare when I don't see at least one.

Stopped at a hotel near Reims Saturday and guess what was parked there - a UK registered Petrol Blue Superb!

That's whats called life!!

When the Yeti first arrived, mine was one of possibly 3 in my bit of Finistere with several appearing over the summer holiday period, now when out and about  I see no end of locally registered ones circulating. A couple of other model boaters now have them because of the available load space!

Difficult to keep a good thing hidden!

Edited by Frenchtone

I drove from Manchester to Barrow on Wednesday and back this morning. I’ve seen ten Superbs max, and there was enough traffic! 

I've still got the only Superb in our 'hood, but Octavia's are popping up. I never noticed Škodas until I bought one, but the grill is quite distinctive and I see them all over now, mostly the smaller cars. It was the same with my Brera. They became much more noticeable after I bought one. 

I think it's normal to try and spot who else is in the club. My wife's girlfriend bought a new Škoda just because we like ours so much.

Passed an exact replica of my car on the motorway yesterday. His was cleaner:angry:.

They're still uncommon enough to raise an eyebrow in corporate car parks though, at least in my neck of the woods. I've had envious looks and even compliments when parking next to the (much more common) BMW, Audi, Merc combinations. I try not to rub it in by telling them how much I paid for it, but every now and again I just can't help myself:devil:

Skoda Australia sold a total of 925 Superbs in 2017. Rare as rocking horse poo here. Nice to be in the minority:D

2 hours ago, Mickey43 said:

Octavias are very common though where I live as most taxis tend to be Octavias.

I see you're in Glasgow (nice town - loved the Wah Wah Hut). On our visit to Leeds, I didn't notice a cab that wasn't an Octavia.

4 minutes ago, Whenwillilearn said:

Superbs are rare on uk roads. The model was never a big seller in uk. 

I doubt that will change. 

A lot of people still will not have the badge on their drive.

I have some friends like that, their loss. I just say you "get" Skoda or you don't.

6 hours ago, Whenwillilearn said:

A lot of people still will not have the badge on their drive.

Let the badge snobs pay more money for their VW/Audi/Bentley. I don't give a _____ what other people think. This is the best motor vehicle I've ever owned.

Mind, my needs have changed over the years. I used to have photos of Lambos on my wall, I drool over Ferraris, I lust after an Aston Martin Vantage. I could actually afford a Jag XK-F. But, this Sportline is the car I need. The only thing is, I've only had passengers in the back seats on three occasions. I feel like I should be driving around offering people rides...

I was driving home from work on Tuesday and spotted no less than six of all models, years and marks!  I've been a fan for a while, so have been playing "spot the Superb" for quite some time.  Still nowhere near as common as other cars of similar size (I'm looking at you BMW, Audi and Mercedes...).  

The Superb are still the 3rd most First Registered Skoda model in the UK.

It is just that Skoda UK only First Register around 80,000 vehicles a year in the UK.  Skoda not being a volume seller in the UK.

Plenty Superb in Scotland, plenty as Taxi's and Airport Transport.

'Larger' not 'large'.

http://skoda.co.uk/news/skoda-secures-larger-slice-of-uk-new-car-market-in-2017 

It would be more if they were a bit better at giving info at Skoda UK or Dealerships, be able to get the cars / models people want in a timely manner, and give build dates etc. 

The Brand Director responsible for the pathetic behaviour of Skoda UK since Alasdair Stewart was moved on is offski to head and spin in the USA for VW, so maybe Rod McLeod who is now heading Skoda UK can get dealerships in the UK performing better when customers or prospective customers walk through the door.  Not just release press releases saying how good sales are.

Edited by Offski

We took the kids for a walk on Anglesey last weekend.  Walked about 8km along Newborough beach and ended up in the main car park.  I spotted an exact replica of our Superb and announced to the kids - here's the car!  It back fired as they are only 7 and 4, so they believed me and assumed I'd performed some form of dad magic to get the car there.  I then had to break the news that we'd have to walk 8km back to the car :blush:

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 18:35, BriskodaJeff said:

At Prague airport all the taxis are Superbs. Only choice of colour is white though. 

and Slovakia at Bratislava... 

Just returned from Holland.. loads of superbs around on the roads in france, belgium etc..

18 hours ago, RickTT said:

Just returned from Holland.. loads of superbs around on the roads in france, belgium etc..

I'm driving to France on holiday in a few weeks.  Will keep an eye out!

19 hours ago, RickTT said:

Returned last month from a continental trip and noticed there were quite a few in Poland and, of course, Czech Republic.  

In Czech Republic, rear engine Škodas used to be far more common than Superbs in the early 2000s when the MkI first came out, but now, unlike Supebs, they're very rare, though I saw one in Poland that looked like it was in regular daily use.