What part of your car would you like to change?

Well to start off I quite often have an irritating whining sound from the passenger seat, (it seems to stop when I'm driving on my own :D ) . . . . .

• Haha 1

Things that are my fault - not adding front sensors and variable boot floor to my order as options.

Things that aren't, but are pretty minor - ACC is far too crude in use for my liking. I'd also like the car to be a bit less prone to creaks and buzzes.

That's all I can think of at the moment, which says it all really...

8 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Things that are my fault - not adding front sensors and variable boot floor to my order as options.

Things that aren't, but are pretty minor - ACC is far too crude in use for my liking. I'd also like the car to be a bit less prone to creaks and buzzes.

Is there any way the ACC can be turned into just CC? I also find it to be very dim witted rudimentary. 

The default start/stop status to be off not on.

The car should start in the last used drive mode when turning ignition on.

Cruise mode to be available with normal throttle not just eco (manually changing to neutral isn't the same thing).

A key fob that doesn't periodically open the tailgate without my knowledge.

Road noise.. Just had mine a week and it's quite noisy..

Also, mine seems to start in the same drive mode as left previously.. as I had to switch it from Eco this morning from the last trip on Friday..

Three trivial things I'd like:

• the temperature gauge to show just over 90 degrees in its normal running position so that it looks like exactly 90 degrees with the parallax from the driver's point of view instead of just under 90 (other way round for LHD cars!)
  • the radio not to un-mute momentarily if you switch the ignition off while it's muted by the parking sensors
  • Skoda Connect to start working again

13 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

You can retrofit the vbf if you don’t mind a bit of work and changing the spare wheel to a space saver if you have one.

Out of interest, what happens with the ACC that makes you dislike it?

The DSG box, I prefer the torque converter Aisin Warner type of box. The DSG is hopeless for slow speed manoeuvring and not as smooth as a TC box on the road. Modern versions do not suffer the significant power drain of old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, technics100 said:

Road noise.. Just had mine a week and it's quite noisy..

Also, mine seems to start in the same drive mode as left previously.. as I had to switch it from Eco this morning from the last trip on Friday..

Mine says it starts in eco. The eco box is highlighted green when you press the drive mode selection button but it’s actually in normal. It’s really rather annoying 

1 hour ago, Sagalout said:

The DSG box, I prefer the torque converter Aisin Warner type of box. The DSG is hopeless for slow speed manoeuvring and not as smooth as a TC box on the road. Modern versions do not suffer the significant power drain of old.

This is odd as i have now driven the 7 speed dsg in a petrol and that was super smooth.

Back in my 6 speed dsg petrol and its very unrefined in comparison.

8 hours ago, TheGingerOne said:

Is there any way the ACC can be turned into just CC? I also find it to be very dim witted rudimentary. 

I wish. I hate it with a passion. 

4 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

You can retrofit the vbf if you don’t mind a bit of work and changing the spare wheel to a space saver if you have one.

Out of interest, what happens with the ACC that makes you dislike it?

Yeah, I've seen the 'official' VBF retrofit, but it looks hugely involved and painful. @Gyp's slightly more utilitarian solution would be a good option if I ever get around to it.

As far as ACC goes, I find its braking (rather than anticipatory easing off the gas as a human driver would), apparently random spacing from the car in front regardless of the setting, and general feeling of being a beta test very frustrating. I find driving without it far more relaxing and smooth. It shows great promise but in its current form it just seems like a proof of concept.

That sounds crap, especially as Volvo got it right over 5 years ago?

can you still flick it off, then resume on ACC?

does eco mode have it coast down the spread rather than brake as a Honda used to do?

perhaps there is a firmware update if you car is a bit older?

Edited by cheezemonkhai

4 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

That sounds crap, especially as Volvo got it right over 5 years ago?

can you still flick it off, then resume on ACC?

does eco mode have it coast down the spread rather than brake as a Honda used to do?

perhaps there is a firmware update if you car is a bit older?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it. You can flick it off and resume if you want. I usually just flick it off, sigh, and go back to driving without it.

Not sure on the eco mode to be honest. Equally unsure on the firmware update - it's a MY17 and was in for its first service in January so assume any applicable updates would have been applied then.

You can use "individual mode" to switch the ACC to Eco, and it does much better with its appearance of anticipation.  Its much gentler at slowing down (and yes it does allow it to coast down to a speed instead of braking late and sharp).

I love ACC on our Superb, hardly ever drive without it now!

1 hour ago, hwr1983 said:

You can use "individual mode" to switch the ACC to Eco, and it does much better with its appearance of anticipation.  Its much gentler at slowing down (and yes it does allow it to coast down to a speed instead of braking late and sharp).

I love ACC on our Superb, hardly ever drive without it now!

Interesting, thanks. I'll give it a try and see if I can change my opinion of it....