What have you done to your Superb III today?

22 hours ago, eurotripwagen said:

Debadged the rear door today. I think it looks much cleaner without SUPERB 4x4 lettering.

1660519283_Photo21-02-2020091019.thumb.jpg.0c76415d58482af84f071cc9354821bc.jpg

Also got rid of 4x4 on the gear knob, opted for simple matt piece instead.

175265640_Photo21-02-2020090903.thumb.jpg.b60a6c7777d930ff4b5660c4547baa4f.jpg 

Nice, just ordered one, does the old one just pop off?

1 hour ago, Mexico75 said:

Nice, just ordered one, does the old one just pop off?

I stuck a flat screwdriver (wrapped with a microfiber to prevent scratching) between this cover and the chrome button (depressisng the button to expand the opening a bit) and it came off in no time.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 13:35, GrahamVRS said:

Had the front tyres replaced with Michelin PS4s 👍 so wearing the same all round now, and gave it a quick wipe down with BSD. 

70CAD2A3-8E81-4490-A8F7-23BD6FEBAB8F.jpeg

These alloys look amazing! Looking at mine at the moment and wondering if I could upgrade to improve the look of my Superb Mk3.

What are the alloys called or what model of alloys are they? If you don't mind me asking. Nice Michelin PS4s! What size are the tyres? 

Thanks again and great looking alloys!

My Mk3 below with the current alloys - need to figure out what they are! (Does anyone know a good decoder website that I can pop my VIN into to get the spec/ build list)

IMG_1488.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Dakr said:

These alloys look amazing! Looking at mine at the moment and wondering if I could upgrade to improve the look of my Superb Mk3.

What are the alloys called or what model of alloys are they? If you don't mind me asking. Nice Michelin PS4s! What size are the tyres? 

They are 19" Vega alloys, standard fit on all Sportline models. 

Edited by Mexico75
  • Like 1

What have you done to your Superb III today.... 

Well yesterday I bought the car, I drove it home and the past 24 hours have been pretty exciting if I am honest! 

Today I've been giving the car a good once over, the interior has been well used and the engine bay looks like it's never been cleaned, washed or maintained in any way. Looks like mechanically she's been well looked after though so I am lucky and I've enjoyed getting around the whole car to clean it! 

Starting from the Boot, I've vacuumed, shampoo'd wiped down, cleaned the plastics and try to bring them back to life. 

I've then cleaned the engine bay, alloys, fuel filler cap and the wiped down plastics.

Anyone else find the carpets a bugger to vacuum? Really difficult in my opinion. I've added a couple of pictures below! 

1468 engine dirty.png

1479 Engine Clean.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mexico75 said:

They are 19" Vega alloys, standard fit on all Sportline models. 

Thanks Mexico75 - still learning about the various alloys types!

On 24/02/2020 at 18:41, Dakr said:

My Mk3 below with the current alloys - need to figure out what they are! (Does anyone know a good decoder website that I can pop my VIN into to get the spec/ build list)

IMG_1488.jpeg

Thanks, as already answered they’re the standard Vega on the Sportline. 

Took it for it's 4th service and 2nd MOT. Passed without issue (as I'd expect given age/mileage).

My dealer showed their usual muppetry though. Arrived to drop the car off and the service chap saw that someone had added DSG oil change, haldex oil change and brake fluid change as advisories. DSG - fair enough though I've only done 24k (change is at 40k). He then saw that I'd had haldex and brake fluid done last year and expressed surprise t see them on the list. Not his fault - someone hadn't bothered checking my service details before getting out the biro.

I then asked them to flag the TPMS error (note that's an error pertaining to the entire TPMS system failing, not just a low pressure warning - happened 3 times in the past year) and a glitch in the MFD whereby it had gone off for a few seconds just up the road from them on the way in (first time I've had that).

When I came to collect the car I asked about the two extra checks and the second service chap couldn't see a reference to them. I politely pointed them out to him on the piece of paper in his hand. Off he went to ask the technician about them. Upon return he informed me that I don't have a puncture (you don't say) and that the 'technician' has reset the TPMS (ie pressed the reset option on the entertainment system).  I politely pointed out that this was not the "look out! tyre is going down!" warning but the "something's wrong with TPMS. see your dealer" error as listed in the manual. Of course the good old "well the computer scan says it's all ok so it must be ok" is his response. Ditto the MFD glitch.

This was the last set in my service plan so I shall be going back to the independent that I used on previous cars for future services.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/02/2020 at 23:56, JR RS said:

I recently put on mudflaps a few weeks ago.

Was easy to install and took less than 10 mins.

IMAG4361.thumb.jpg.93bfcce6d3306b2bbe03bd1a19446428.jpg

IMAG4360.thumb.jpg.c696485a68e47fb86e035715409ebf4e.jpg

Screenshot_20200206-095218.thumb.png.22961af77cd1db5c457ab4f7d94ff722.png

Screenshot_20200206-095255.thumb.png.0a793f92a6bf0ca3d990f9e1e100c065.png

Screenshot_20200206-095236.thumb.png.2fe21fa2ce19f4c985247a895c34d6c9.png

For those, who'd like to know how mudflaps are efficient...

Here are some pics of my Estate Mk3 (very dirty)... Note: This is the right side on a LHD version, thus supposed to be the 'dirtier' side.

img_2387-57163a9.jpg

img_2386-57163ad.jpg

img_2388-57163b7.jpg

I find them quite efficient. There are only very fine particules of dirt, No mud, no sand grains. which could generate small scratches upon cleaning (soon... 😁) or even getting in/off and granzing the painting with ones clothes (pants, dress, coat...)

Don't blame me, there are a lot of road works around my village... with a lot of greasy mud dropped on the roadways by trucks or construction machinery. 

• Like 2

Drove mine over a huge pothole and killed a tyre. £45 later and car is now out on the street, post recovery.

Hopefully the wheel is OK 😞

Bah!

Edited by g_tee
  • Sad 3

On 22/02/2020 at 07:19, eurotripwagen said:

I found it on skoda-acc.com, there is a list of options in the description, just mention one in comments for merchant when ordering. 

is it the "DSG inscription - embossed design" - 5E0713146J Option you selected?

4 hours ago, GM7 said:

is it the "DSG inscription - embossed design" - 5E0713146J Option you selected?

It is yes. Mine arrived yesterday and that is what I ordered 👍

• Thanks 2

Bought an alloy bolt cover puller

Bidding on a spare wheel kit 

Drilled new number plates in preparation for when I can stick my plate on the car

Bought fixings for said number plates (needed black screw caps) 

Found a nice short USB C cable for use with my phone in the car

Oh, waiting for a boot liner.

I think I want one of those steel bumper protectors

I really should get a dashcam

And I also fancy retrofitting a reversing camera 

Edited by g_tee
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I've trained a bit for the 'Land Rover G4 Chanllenge😄

img_2391-5719429.jpg

Here after a brief cleaning... But wayyyyyy far from a real detailing 🙄...

img_2405-5719431.jpg

I also took time to clean the engine bay, because I wanted to spray rodent repellent all over, since we had severe damage on several engine harnesses of my wife's Audi Q3.

img_2407-5719440.jpg

Finally, I've made this small modification, to protect the top part engine against dirt. I'll see if it's efficient after some thousands of km... 

I'll make you some feedbacks if it works. ;) 

img_2408-571944f.jpg

Bought this rubber seal (D-shape 112x14mm) on Amazon for ~15€.

• Like 2