What have you done to your Superb III today?

8 minutes ago, AlVal said:

Almost! Just a fraction too small, so need a few mm bigger. Have ordered 55mm plain black, so will see how well that fits. 

Couple of turns of black electrical tape to take up the slack should do it if needed.

Where are you getting them from? I have to replace my wheel centres again as the cheapy ones I got last year have corroded already.

Well Sunday .... Engine bay de greased and cleaned.  303 aerospace applied. Inside cleaned and leather treated. Mats washed. Glass polished. Snow foam followed by wheels cleaned inside and out. 2 bucket wash and dry. Tailpipes cleaned and polished with Solvol. All outside plastics and rubber treated. Tyre black applied.

Old girl still looks pretty good for nearly 60 months old.

When the weather picks up i'm going to treat her to a proper paint decontamination and correction.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boydeee said:

@Nick_HDid you treat those lovely exhaust valves to a clean? Mine are definitely louder after their post winter wash 😉

Oh yes ! They even had a little squirt of WD40 .... Reheat like an F15 for the first few miles !

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, boydeee said:

@Nick_HDid you treat those lovely exhaust valves to a clean? Mine are definitely louder after their post winter wash 😉

If you didn't know he doesn't like to mention he floss's them every day because you never know when the valves will be opened for inspection. Cleaned my diesel recently but left the pistons for some BP Ultimate diesel (special treat). :tongueout:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

If you didn't know he doesn't like to mention he floss's them every day because you never know when the valves will be opened for inspection. Cleaned my diesel recently but left the pistons for some BP Ultimate diesel (special treat). :tongueout:

How's things mate you keeping OK ?

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_H said:

How's things mate you keeping OK ?

Yeah all good in Shy Land trying to decide what gets a stage 1 map the petrol Karoq (upto 200PS) or my diesel (185PS) with all the savings we are currently making under Lockdown. I have the itch to spend something. Also considering some Gold 19" alloys for my diesel for the next 6 months use during the warmer weather because I purchased 4 nearly new Michelin PS4S 235/40R19 tyres last July which would have gone on the 272 but are collecting dust now. Decisions, decisions......drives you mad. :D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah all good in Shy Land trying to decide what gets a stage 1 map the petrol Karoq (upto 200PS) or my diesel (185PS) with all the savings we are currently making under Lockdown. I have the itch to spend something. Also considering some Gold 19" alloys for my diesel for the next 6 months use during the warmer weather because I purchased 4 nearly new Michelin PS4S 235/40R19 tyres last July which would have gone on the 272 but are collecting dust now. Decisions, decisions......drives you mad. :D

My hardest car decision is deciding if I can be arsed to clean it or not :D It's the not been able to move for 2 days after that ###### me off !

Edited by Nick_H
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nick_H said:

My hardest car decision is deciding if I can be arsed to clean it or not :D It's the not been able to move for 2 days after that ###### me off !

I'm getting to that stage with changing the wheels myself as they are probably 23-24kg per corner, jacking the car up is the easy bit but holding it inline with wheel bolt holes is tricky balancing on your toes. More inclined now to think sod just go to the local garage pay a few quid and they are literally 400 metres from my house. Need to be less like a Yorkshireman as I get older. :tongueout:

• Haha 2

On 15/07/2020 at 09:33, Xiin said:

Hey.

Is there any guides around how to change front bumper grill on mk3's?

Iv got honeycomb style grill and black frame for mine waiting for install, but dont just want to start pulling it out (i want to save original clips)

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Couple of turns of black electrical tape to take up the slack should do it if needed.

Where are you getting them from? I have to replace my wheel centres again as the cheapy ones I got last year have corroded already.

I just got cheap ebay as I only need plain black plastic. Looks like standard skoda should be 50mm inside 55mm outer diameter

After wasting time & money on a set of cheap replacement silver on black Skoda wheel emblems last year which have now corroded, I replaced them with these gloss black ones today - nothing to tarnish or corrode this time (hopefully). They fitted with a satisfying "click" & sit a bit further in on the wheel centre than the old ones. They look OK on the std L&K wheels.  £9 on Amazon.

image.png.e4109be48e2bd3401fab1dfa7ee5af46.pngimage.png.767abecfd956fadae0a08f23b7513d5a.png

Not so good yesterday was a flat battery.

After driving 15 miles to take the wife for her 1st Covid jab I waited for her outside for 25 mins listening to the radio. After she returned the battery did not have enough juice to restart when it was time to leave. A good battery should be able to run a radio for more than 25 mins without any any restarting problems. 

This is the 3rd time over the last year the battery has failed to start the car & has confirmed that it's way out & not capable of holding a charge. Having learnt from my previous experiences I did have a battery jump start kit on board which got the car started & got us home. I guess I now need to hunt for a new battery & fitting service so the car can be re-coded after fitting. Apparently fitting a battery is not a DIY item any longer :wall:

I was going to look at using Halfords mobile fitting service (£184 all in) however, it seems it is not available in my area (Milton Keynes) at the moment so I need to find some other options. Has anyone got any suggestions? RAC looks a bit pricey at £215 so if anyone has any other suggestions (other than main dealer) I would be grateful.  

image.png

Great pictures. Was the oil visibly discoloured or still 'golden' and did you change / have spare the O rings?

I suppose once youve done it once you know what and where you are going..

3 minutes ago, Chazzy said:

Great pictures. Was the oil visibly discoloured or still 'golden' and did you change / have spare the O rings?

The oil was less than 100 Miles old so still as new, yes I changed the O rings and fill plug but didn't use the drain plug as only needed to top up 150-200ml by just removing the pump. The longest / hardest part is getting the car up level twice to work under. Also carried out a pump learn function with VCP.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

After wasting time & money on a set of cheap replacement silver on black Skoda wheel emblems last year which have now corroded, I replaced them with these gloss black ones today - nothing to tarnish or corrode this time (hopefully). They fitted with a satisfying "click" & sit a bit further in on the wheel centre than the old ones. They look OK on the std L&K wheels.  £9 on Amazon.

image.png.e4109be48e2bd3401fab1dfa7ee5af46.pngimage.png.767abecfd956fadae0a08f23b7513d5a.png

Not so good yesterday was a flat battery.

After driving 15 miles to take the wife for her 1st Covid jab I waited for her outside for 25 mins listening to the radio. After she returned the battery did not have enough juice to restart when it was time to leave. A good battery should be able to run a radio for more than 25 mins without any any restarting problems. 

This is the 3rd time over the last year the battery has failed to start the car & has confirmed that it's way out & not capable of holding a charge. Having learnt from my previous experiences I did have a battery jump start kit on board which got the car started & got us home. I guess I now need to hunt for a new battery & fitting service so the car can be re-coded after fitting. Apparently fitting a battery is not a DIY item any longer :wall:

I was going to look at using Halfords mobile fitting service (£184 all in) however, it seems it is not available in my area (Milton Keynes) at the moment so I need to find some other options. Has anyone got any suggestions? RAC looks a bit pricey at £215 so if anyone has any other suggestions (other than main dealer) I would be grateful.  

image.png

I have vcds for coding, let me look up how "involved" the coding is, and I may be able to help there

Retrofitted reversing camera. 50 quid from alibaba, and best part of a day running wiring from back to front and coding it in

IMG_20210307_150406.jpg

7 hours ago, Martin201 said:

cost £300 just to clean it

I think they may have had a too quick look at ETKA. £300 is more or less the price of the complete pump set (including Pump and its strainer of course + 2 O-rings + 2 screws).

There's really nothing but the 2 O-rings + the 2 screws to be replaced, once the pump has been removed and strainer cleaned. (according to official Skoda workshop manual, downloaded from cardiagn.com)

When I did it on my own, it costed me ~75€ for

- Oil 

- New bleed and filling screws

- 2 O-rings and pump screws

6 hours ago, Chazzy said:

If you have a look to my "How to..." guide, it's even more simpler! ;) 

By the way, you can have a look to how the strainer looked like and how the oil was, when I did it. I changed Haldex Oil at 45000 km (~28000 mi), very similar to what @Martin201 has just done.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Onetoothcracker said:

@Bap33 could you please point me to your "how to guide" I have searched on here without success.

thanks chris 

• Thanks 1

Had a Nextbase 422gw dashcam plus rear cam fitted yesterday. Didn’t realise I needed a 3U micro sim so I must get one. 

seems like a nice set up and really neat and tidy. 

delighted that ‘park mode’ works off the cams internal battery and not the car battery. 

PS. The hardwire kit was also Nextbase 👍