What have you done to your Superb III today?

1 minute ago, Katarsis said:

Should I not embed the full BB codes? 

I don't know. I paste pics into the post or use the "choose files" link to my PC from the link below. 

It's also possible you may not yet be allowed to post pictures due to you being a new member - only 12 posts?

Mods - can you advise? 

The Alu pedals and footrest from a golf r mk7 are perfect fit. 

Takes little time, just soaked the accelerator one in hot water to make the rubber more flexible to squeeze on. 

My example is RHD

Skoda dealer told me there was a skoda option for RHD, quoted me £120 for pedals and footrest, then gave me a set of pedals without footrest for a superb mk2 after waiting weeks... 

AliExpress 30-something quid including postage and customs taxes which are prepaid upfront, job done. V happy. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLER5ix

IMG_20210320_104629~2.jpg

Edited by AlVal
  • Like 3

Converted rear lighter socket to dual quick charge usb with switch, following @JR RS example.

In fairness, if I had seen @digifish simpler solution, I would have gone for that, but I had already ordered. See the gandalf thread for details of both those options. 

And yes, I know it needs straightening, but my knuckles are grazed enough for the moment 

IMG_20210321_115426.jpg

Edited by AlVal
  • Like 2

Hi all,

About 1 year ago, a rodent made a real mess on 3 harnesses on my wife Audi Q3 (25 cuts in total! ). I had repaired everything and sprayed generously Bardhal anti-rodent product in the engine bay. 

Last week, another (the same ?) rodent came again. The engine cover and the battery plastic cover were full of muddy foot prints and this squatter had obviously planned to settle in the engine bay for a while, since I even discovered an old stale piece of bread close to the fuses box :blink:. OK, No time for procrastinating anymore. I immediately cleaned all plastic covers with white spirit and I treated all of them with used engine oil (only a thin film applied with an old rag) :

1) it re-impregnates plastics and gives them a pleasing satin appearance :thumbup:

2) It's a rodent repellent since they don't like oil smell on their fur, and it's hard for them to get rid of it.

And I sprayed anti-rodent product again on all hoses and harnesses.

Additionally I installed an anti-rodent ultrasound box.

I ordered another one the same day for my Superb Mk3.

Today I did the same treatment on my Superb engine bay:

IMG-4080.jpg

Looks nice, doesn't it?

Ultrasound box installed (just behind the left bonnet lock hook):
IMG-4081.jpg

Bought on Amazon for ~60€ (incl. shipment):

https://www.amazon.fr/STOP-GO-Ultraschall-Fonctionnement-Anti-fouine/dp/B00QIVRWZ6/ref=sr_1_14?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=XKX5CFQEZ9JZ&dchild=1&keywords=boîtier+anti+rongeur+voiture&qid=1616366354&sprefix=boîtier+anti+ron%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-14

I hope it will be efficient.

Edited by Bap33

• Administrators

Drive to a local crag. Had an hour of really chilled out bouldering.

returned to car, only to pick up bits of plastic from her rear.

quite how someone can do that, not be aware that crunching sound is their car too and then leave...

it was a merc.

annoyingly the dashcam is still in its box.

not a great second drive of the year :(

to top it all, that’s the bit I clay’d and waxed with the last of my swissol wax... 

• Sad 6
  • Groan 2

9 hours ago, ColinD said:

Drive to a local crag. Had an hour of really chilled out bouldering.

returned to car, only to pick up bits of plastic from her rear.

quite how someone can do that, not be aware that crunching sound is their car too and then leave...

it was a merc.

annoyingly the dashcam is still in its box.

not a great second drive of the year :(

to top it all, that’s the bit I clay’d and waxed with the last of my swissol wax... 

I hate it when that happens.

Dash cams are useful. A few years ago mine captured footage of a EU plate lorry reversing into the car in front of me in a layby & pushed it back 5ft! The lorry driver got out to check but when he saw no one was in the car (woman had taken her dog for a walk) he buggered off. I left a note on the cars windscreen with my contact details as a witness. I sent the woman the dash cam footage later that week which was used to track down the overseas lorry driver & claim on their insurance. Not sure if the driver got done for failing to report an accident or not.   

Good deed for the day done. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• Administrators

Similar when a neighbours car was hit. Van company driver claimed he didn’t know he’d done it. Which is odd as I was watching him, when he pulled up, got out, looked at the damage, went back to van, left a note(illegible) then drove off. Good deed indeed but super nervous going on record, giving a statement a few months after an incident... fortunately not the first time so I made little story event cards for it on the day, just in case.

anyhow the superb is a little battered, but drives me and from about 20’ looks fine. It’s only plastic and I can still sleep at night.

I might go and remove some flappy bits of trim today, not like they are being glued back in place :)

• Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 00:10, MarioVrs said:

Given interior full detail, vinyl and leather treated with zymol conditioners, carbon and piano black trims waxed with zymol detail wax and alcantara wheel cleaned too

Hmmm... avoid that stuff, it seems to have stained your interior purple :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, masonic said:

had the alloys powder coated in satin black. Also debadged to rear but I can't decide if I like it plain 

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Wheels look good. Are they matt / satin black? 

If you don't mind me asking how much were the wheels to powder coat & where from?

I'm thinking about doing something similar to mine but probably in gloss black to get a bit closer to the Black Magic paintwork of my car. 

It's either that or, buy a new set of Canopus black 19" rims & sell off my existing wheels - whichever works out cheaper.

I suspect painting the existing 19" Trinity rims will work out cheaper.  

44 minutes ago, freelunch said:

I gave The Big Red Bus a serious wash and polish today. What a gorgeous day!

Now, it takes me about ten minutes to stand up straight from a sitting position.

You need what I have, which is an old office chair with the back removed, can wheel about then like Davros

8 hours ago, Danoid said:

You need what I have, which is an old office chair with the back removed, can wheel about then like Davros

Office chair is a good one.

I use a rolling kick step stool which, staying with the Dr. Who theme, is called a Dalek in our house!

We have one in our kitchen to reach the top shelves of the wall cabinets & I use it for scooting around the cars on the drive to save my knees & back. It has a handy shelf below the top step / seat for tools & cloths etc. It's also handy to stand on to get to the top of the car roofs instead standing on the door sills or tyres. I also use it for some smaller diy jobs around the house to save getting out the step ladders. 

image.png.463cd5c5e494e031a0a6c8c4f22e6b3d.png