MY2019 vRS orders who's got what coming?

Im probably pushing the button on mine tomorrow after some negotiating these last few days. Im going for a DSG version, with heated front seats, virtual cockpit, heated screen, heated folding mirrors and a reversing camera. I need to decide of I want the grey or red stitching (Im open to opinions on that!) and I need to choose between the free corrida red or the meteor grey (primer) paid for option!

13 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah but, yours is rubber & soft

Mines metal & hard as ****

received_519523245175094.jpeg

Yeah but mine is RED and says PRO on it. Hope your not too disappointed when you you rolling road it soon. I can send you some MANSIZE TISSUES (think they had to change the name to something more PC).:blink:

10 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Im probably pushing the button on mine tomorrow after some negotiating these last few days. Im going for a DSG version, with heated front seats, virtual cockpit, heated screen, heated folding mirrors and a reversing camera. I need to decide of I want the grey or red stitching (Im open to opinions on that!) and I need to choose between the free corrida red or the meteor grey (primer) paid for option!

Meteor Grey with grey stitching.

The end.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Completely wrong- Black Magic Pearl with Red interior.:devil:

I'd never get black again, way too hard to keep clean.

If I was @ExSEAT I'd go for Meteor Grey with red stitching, the red looks really nice and provides a splash of colour against the grey. The Meteor Grey (on my dads car anyway) really hides the dust and road grime well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

I'd never get black again, way too hard to keep clean.

If I was @ExSEAT I'd go for Meteor Grey with red stitching, the red looks really nice and provides a splash of colour against the grey. The Meteor Grey (on my dads car anyway) really hides the dust and road grime well.

I let the rain clean my black car. Just cleaned it first time in 3 weeks.

@pist0nbr0ke I was kinda worried that after having a white VRS with the red stitching I might feel like I'd gone colour blind if I went all grey, although my most up to date build has that combination.

@shyVRS245 black is an absolutely stunning colour when its clean, sadly it scratches up easily and looks awful when its neglected for a week

@StealthRS245 looks like youve gone down the middle there! I do like the red on my current VRS. Its a difficult choice, Im 99% on the meteor grey and only about 60% on the grey stitching. Nice problem to have though really.

A note to anyone looking for a VRS245, border cars at lillyhall in cumbria have a candy white one with a space saver wheel up for grabs mid november. No use to me but maybe help someone else

24 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

@pist0nbr0ke I was kinda worried that after having a white VRS with the red stitching I might feel like I'd gone colour blind if I went all grey, although my most up to date build has that combination.

@shyVRS245 black is an absolutely stunning colour when its clean, sadly it scratches up easily and looks awful when its neglected for a week

@StealthRS245 looks like youve gone down the middle there! I do like the red on my current VRS. Its a difficult choice, Im 99% on the meteor grey and only about 60% on the grey stitching. Nice problem to have though really.

A note to anyone looking for a VRS245, border cars at lillyhall in cumbria have a candy white one with a space saver wheel up for grabs mid november. No use to me but maybe help someone else

Well mine incoming is Corrida Red with red stitching.. Well that's what I've ordered anyway :) Still no actual delivery date offered to me yet. I'm gonna try and find out more info today.

12 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

My 230 is Meteor Grey with red Stitching and the red sets the interior off.  One thing I will say,  but it's personal choice the rear spoiler needs to be black. I've seen a couple of grey ones with grey spoilers and it looks a bit bland.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

The only thing I'd say against the red stitched interior, if you're particularly fussy, is it means the multi colour ambient lighting is kinda pointless because only the red option matches. It looks odd having blue ambient lighting and red trim for example. 

9 minutes ago, Kenai said:

The only thing I'd say against the red stitched interior, if you're particularly fussy, is it means the multi colour ambient lighting is kinda pointless because only the red option matches. It looks odd having blue ambient lighting and red trim for example. 

Disagree. Had RED first 6 months, then GREEN second 6 months and now on PURPLE. The PURPLE is my favourite so far particularly for maxidot between the dials and the 8" info screen. I have the red stitching on the seats.:notme:

Agree with everything said about the black, looks great when clean, but shows all the scratches and chips, and gets really warm inside in the summer.

I've gone for Meteor with red stitching mainly because my current VRS has grey stitching so it's something different.

23 minutes ago, SimonD316 said:

Agree with everything said about the black, looks great when clean, but shows all the scratches and chips, and gets really warm inside in the summer.

I've gone for Meteor with red stitching mainly because my current VRS has grey stitching so it's something different.

You seem to have the bottle to go for the Meteor Grey, initially I went for it, but then when I said about it to SWMBO she didn't like it and then when I actually saw it on an Octy, I then had doubts about it and then changed it to the lovely Race Blue, but I have retrained the grey seating this time. 

If I'm in a similar position in three and a half years time then I may choose a different colour, maybe Rallye Green or something like a red. I try not to think about what the future holds for the time being. 

30 minutes ago, SimonD316 said:

Doesn't get warm if you spec the electric sunroof. SWMBO even reclines the electric seats and sunbathes as I drive.B)

15 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Ahh. So this is why you’ve had to go Stage 2 on yours. Having to haul that dead weight of a pano-sunroof around. 

I think you're a bit confused. The estate has the full pano roof but mine has the DRS roof spoiler as used in F1 I deploy at the end of the straights on track days to help me slow down because I am going very fast with the 39% extra power and 40% extra torque.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonD316 said:

Agree with everything said about the black, looks great when clean..........and gets really warm inside in the summer.

Do you mean when parked? Otherwise I've found the climate control has been able to keep the cabin cool on both of the black VRSs I've had. 

• Haha 1

Mine is black and regretted it straight away. It looks great clean but that is almost never, looks naff and grubby 99% of the time. And yes they are terrible for heat build inside even on a cool day when the sun is shining. The air con struggles with it on a hot day. My White Focus ST3 is lovely, always cool makes a massive difference tbh.

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Disagree. Had RED first 6 months, then GREEN second 6 months and now on PURPLE. The PURPLE is my favourite so far particularly for maxidot between the dials and the 8" info screen. I have the red stitching on the seats.:notme:

I just can't get on with mismatched colours on the interior - bothers different people differently, hence qualifying it with 'if you're fussy'. If you're not fussy and you don't get bothered by mismatched colours inside the car, then the red is certainly more interesting than the grey.

25 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Do you mean when parked? Otherwise I've found the climate control has been able to keep the cabin cool on both of the black VRSs I've had. 

Probably not got the Alcantara seats like us 245 drivers. Cool in the summer and heated (if u like a toasty rear) in the winter, best of both worlds. HATE leather under my bum unless it's in the house of course.:sweat:

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Probably not got the Alcantara seats like us 245 drivers. Cool in the summer and heated (if u like a toasty rear) in the winter, best of both worlds. HATE leather under my bum unless it's in the house of course.:sweat:

shyVRS245 the gimp... :rofl:

17 minutes ago, Kenai said:

I just can't get on with mismatched colours on the interior - bothers different people differently, hence qualifying it with 'if you're fussy'. If you're not fussy and you don't get bothered by mismatched colours inside the car, then the red is certainly more interesting than the grey.

Going to take me 5 years to try the 10 different colours available. The white is going to be the most boring/plain choice however but least contraversial though.B)

3 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Ah yes the magic delivery date roundabout. I was quoted smoetime late January to mid february. So I'll take that as late april into may.

I got an update from the broker this morning. I'm told mine got delivered to the prep-ing/supplying dealer - I'm awaiting some finance docs (its a VWFS PCH) to sign/return next then delivery can be arranged I'm being told with that dealer. Lets see, the person I need to work with a the dealer has been very quiet so far. I'll go so far as to start chasing this person next.