problems with 1.5 tsi across vag group ?

bripat

On 18/11/2018 at 11:00, WiggosSideburns said:

From what I've read - the 1.5 mated to the DSG is a different engine to the 1.5 mated to a manual gearbox... the manual has cylinder-on-demand technology and the DSG doesn't (or the other way around).

The DSG has cylinder on demand technology , well my 2017 version does , being an octavia driver and having read these posts , it would appear to be a post  WLTP  Issue , sp maybe it should be a dedicated mid 2018 version WLTP  issue  

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think this is to do with the 1.5tsi being VAG's first Miller cycle engine where cam profiles will be part of this and to modify would require major mechanical surgery. Just my theory though..........

Shame I was considering a 1.5tsi Karoq or Superb

Edited by bigjohn

4th Jan I picked up my new Skoda superb sportline with the 1.5 tsi engine and manual gearbox. I’ve only done 150 miles and this kangaroo problem is very real and driving me nuts already.  I’ll be speaking to the garage on Monday.  I didn’t know about this issue when I ordered it and had come from the same car with the 2.0 Diesel engine which had no probs at all.

On 10/01/2019 at 23:12, bigjohn said:

I personally think this is to do with the 1.5tsi being VAG's first Miller cycle engine where cam profiles will be part of this and to modify would require major mechanical surgery. Just my theory though..........

Shame I was considering a 1.5tsi Karoq or Superb

Well, engine code DADA, so 110kW version of 1.5 TSI used abroad VAG brands, does not have Miller cycle either VGT turbo. These features are used only at DACA engine code, so 96kW version of 1.5 TSI used so far only at VW Golf and Tiguan, and Seat Leon :cool:

972370147_DACADADA.thumb.jpg.dba4fc6c298b582ab70a768e32690d82.jpg

Edited by rayx
  • Thanks 2

1.5 TSI not getting the positive reviews that the 1.3 litre engine that is going in to the Mercedes/Nissan/Renault cars......

More mpg/power/torque ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my 1.5 TSI manual Skoda Karoq for a week. I love the design/drive except for the fact I keep 'stalling' at junctions and kangaroo hopping until I get up to about 20mph. Initial I though it was my driving position, but I am glad I found this forum.

I frequently have to pull away from very busy junctions. Several times now I have gone to pull away quickly, but the revs drop off and the car stops moving. Scary when an HGV is coming at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is DANGEROUS and need fixing before I get killed. I now need to massively over rev the engine and slip the clutch to ensure I avoid the dead zone – this time of year this leads to the traction control kicking on as I screech off the line with a rapidly wearing out clutch.

5 hours ago, Jezza4567 said:

I've had my 1.5 TSI manual Skoda Karoq for a week. I love the design/drive except for the fact I keep 'stalling' at junctions and kangaroo hopping until I get up to about 20mph. Initial I though it was my driving position, but I am glad I found this forum.

I frequently have to pull away from very busy junctions. Several times now I have gone to pull away quickly, but the revs drop off and the car stops moving. Scary when an HGV is coming at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is DANGEROUS and need fixing before I get killed. I now need to massively over rev the engine and slip the clutch to ensure I avoid the dead zone – this time of year this leads to the traction control kicking on as I screech off the line with a rapidly wearing out clutch.

The 1.4 TSI does something similar and the way I get round this is to run my car, which is DSG, is by having it in Sport mode until it is warm and then the issue is much less pronounced.

It sounds like a fuel mapping to keep the car in the new higher standards of emission regs.  How to best do this in a manual is more difficult but keeping the revs up, light load of course, until it hits the oil and water running temps. 

10 hours ago, Skoffski said:

Time now that VW Group had a 10 year / 100,000 mile Warranty on 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSGs (DQ200), and a Manufacturers Service Schedule or Guidelines other than 'Oil filled for life'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/439395-the-story-of-the-famous-dq200-clutch-slip/?page=11

Quite agree - but I fear pigs may fly first!

And serviceable filter in the Haldex. And servicing requirements which aren't ambiguous. And service items not being overlooked by dealers because they are time scheduled. And, and , and....

depressingly the list would go on & on & on & on....

Bill :) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Taken a while but it looks like finally sharn is hitting the fan over 1.5 TSI EVO's.

Maybe only limited vehicles with problems, maybe only a small number of cars rejected, attempts being made to reject and cars that have been longer at dealerships waiting to get the dangerous characteristics fixed than the time the owners have been driving them.

VW Group have some of the owners / keepers driving hire cars with no date for when things will be resolved.

Finally Autocar  (Haymarket Media Group / Publishers) & Auto Express will have to wake up and smell the coffee and discus any issue or faults and why so many vehicles for MY20 will not have 1.5TSI EVO engines.

Is there an underlying issue, is it about WLTP Approval or RDE test results?

http://euronews.com/2019/06/26/large-carmakers-including-vw-fca-could-face-2021-eu-emissions-fines-study

Truth will be that VW Group can not get the the average low emissions under tight test regimes with some of the vehicles they got through before or after summer 2018.

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 09.38.01.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, xman said:

They could always run it in 2 cylinder mode during testing......or is that not allowed? 😉

That would require 'cheat software' ☠️

• Like 1

Perhaps they should replace the 1.5TSi engine with a 335bhp 2.0TSi that can give a range of 486 miles from 50 litres. Taken yesterday, unfortunately wife borrowed the beast today so range probably 400 miles when she gets home later today!

image.jpg

Just popped up on my new feed...VW finally admitted problem with Manual 1.5TSI, DSG owners not affected, The Karoq is affected in Skoda Range according to article

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107558/juddering-vw-group-cars-no-end-in-sight-for-owners

• 3 weeks later...

I've just initiated rejection proceedings for my 6 week old Audi Q3 1.5 Tsi manual. Let's see how successful this is!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...