ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

57 minutes ago, Nigeybaby said:

If it's a mib1 then the existing card has to be used. If it's a mib2 then you can use another card...I believe

No

If it's Columbus you can because it just copies the map to internal hard drive. 

Amundsen read from the SD directly and needs to be official.

MIB 1 or 2 makes no odds. 

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Now I don't know what size my card is in my car, but I'm sure it's not 32Gb one.

Pop it out and look at the manufacturer part number on the back, it'll have a 16 or 32 in it, that'll tell you. 

I went and got it, copied the old maps to the high speed external as a precaution and extracted the new ones into a separate folder, it seems the new maps are 13Gb, so I don't know if they'll fit or not... Giving it a go anyway.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Do I need to copy the checksum across as well? :wacko:

No, that's just a file you can use to check the download isn't corrupt 

I am happy to confirm that the ECE A1 2019/2020 - only for 32GB SD file does fit a standard Skoda 16Gb SD card.

This file contains the maps for: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Faroe Islands, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City State.

Hope this helps.:smile:

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Last month this file was not present on the update portal! I'm downloading it now and it seems it's a .zip file of 13.7GB so no stupid .exe downloader. 

Will confirm later it it works ok on my 2017 Skoda card (I guess it's 16GB)... 

I can confirm that ECE A1 files have downloaded without any problem (directly, not using any .exe downloader). Have then unzipped them and copied on the Skoda card (I guess the 16GB one, I have the car since June 2017). Inserted the SD card in the Amundsen and that was all! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded and unzipped to desktop (read War and Peace while waiting :nerd:) and copied to a 32gb USB stick. Columbus couldn't find the files because I didn't realise that it doesn't want the folder the files are unzipped to just the files themselves. Copied the files to the memory stick without the folder and Columbus updated in 15 minutes.

For what it's worth the ignition doesn't need to be on while updating despite what the instructions on the portal says.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When and how do the contents of the maps get updated? I downloaded the latest one in early August but found during a journey that it was missing the new bypass at Newtown, Powys, that has been under construction for a few years and opened in early 2019.

So as far as the satnav was concerned, I was happily driving off road at up to 60mph for a few miles😏

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2019 at 21:21, just music said:

When and how do the contents of the maps get updated? I downloaded the latest one in early August but found during a journey that it was missing the new bypass at Newtown, Powys, that has been under construction for a few years and opened in early 2019.

So as far as the satnav was concerned, I was happily driving off road at up to 60mph for a few miles😏

The Latest Skoda maps are at best 2 years behind. They are never entirely up to date on the day of release for a number of reason's!

No navigation is ever up to date for any vehicle manufacturer and that includes Tom Tom devices!

The Latest map for the UK and part of Europe 5gb is "STD2_1310_EU1_201945.zip"

For all of Europe and Eastern Europe you will need a 32gb SD card for this map  "STD2_1310_EUA1_201945.zip"

I have all maps for WK45 the latter part of 2019!

3 hours ago, satseeker said:

The Latest map for the UK and part of Europe 5gb is "STD2_1310_EU1_201945.zip"

For all of Europe and Eastern Europe you will need a 32gb SD card for this map  "STD2_1310_EUA1_201945.zip"

Not strictly true. To re-edit and quote a post I made on a different thread:

Whilst the Skoda server lists the 2020 ( 1310 ) series maps as the latest - in actual fact the 2020/21 ( 1430 ) series is actually now available for MIB2 units and those ones are the latest versions available. These newer maps may or may not include the new bypass in Newtown - I haven't actually checked myself. To explain a bit further - Skoda, being part of the VW group, use the exact same maps as VW but rename them and take roughly about 5 months longer to put them on their own site. So the 2020 maps which Skoda has just released were actually first available for download in June on the VW site. Several forum members, myself included, not wishing to wait 5 or 6 months longer for the latest versions have now taken to using the VW site for map updates. I would expect my current Europe 2020/21 ( 1430 ) map to be posted in June 2020 on the Skoda site but it can be obtained freely from the VW site now. 

• Like 1

Having made quite  a few 'Cross Country and Off Road' excursions recently I thought it might be the time to update the mapping on my MIB1 Amundsen. According to the Skoda update portal the latest is ECE 2019/20 @ 6GB but no indication of how much this will cost, really helpful!

But reading this thread it seem that mapping could be a couple of years old.  As bigadel says these are available from the VW website, can you enter your Skoda Chassis number? I would not have thought VW would be happy with that idea 🤔. I am sure my card would be 16gb not 32gb. A 2015 card which I believe has to be used as any other will not work with the car due to 'hidden' file system. Could be totally wrong though.

So, How do you obtain a 2020 VW map for a 2015 Skoda Octavia and how much does it cost? Is updating the same procedure as updating a Skoda version?

This week number is 49 so a new map should have been available 4 weeks ago. Was it?

My system shows Map as  5E0051236 0072 ECE2018.

I am currently downloading STD1_P81_EU_201920.zip But no indication of if it will work as I have not paid for it or does that surprise come after download...... soon find out.

Edited by ajw1100

The maps are free! You can try the Skoda portal first for the Skoda update http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB

If yours is a couple of years out this will bring it a little more up to date.

Once you have updated, which will take a while you can perhaps try the VW site https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/how-to-guides/sat-nav

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sgt1297 said:

The maps are free! You can try the Skoda portal first for the Skoda update http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB

If yours is a couple of years out this will bring it a little more up to date.

Once you have updated, which will take a while you can perhaps try the VW site https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/how-to-guides/sat-nav

Hope this helps.

:biggrin: Free? As in no charge? Amazing. Didn't realise anything was free these days, well not from Skoda. Downloaded now so will update when it's daylight.

Will also try the VW link, Thanks for the reply!!!

Edited by ajw1100

For a MIB1 Amundsen when you visit the VW website select Golf, until 2015, Discover Media - that will show you the appropriate map.

I have used the VW maps in my MIB1 Amundsen for over 18 months now.

Just downloaded the VW file; P89_N60S3MIBS2_EU_7z as until 2015 'Golf'

I do not want to brick my Skoda card so just double checking 😉