Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

46 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

RIP Steve Wright

used to provide a Chuckle every day

I must have missed at least half of them then, and I used to listen to him every day (shared office, and radio channel selected on "least objections from  anyone").

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devil whispered in my ear "The storm is coming, and you are not strong enough to withstand."

I replied "Aye, but I didn't lose my golden fiddle to some hillbilly in Georgia"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

And here's one which wasn't legal - in fact I'd suggest the driver was exceedingly over optimistic!

image.jpeg.d12f6a186dfec34a361dd751febdccd2.jpeg

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/police-fine-boat-owner-after-lorries-forced-to-overtake-driver-on-m6-4514463

How many frickin pop ups on that web page asking for permissions for this, that and the other, it was like playing whack-a-mole, I gave up in the end and never did get to read the story

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

Is that even legal? 

Isn't there a thing known as showman's rights where some can tow multiple trailers? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

How many frickin pop ups on that web page asking for permissions for this, that and the other, it was like playing whack-a-mole, I gave up in the end and never did get to read the story

tl:dr - "Trailer GVW exceeds plated train weight of rig".

5 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Isn't there a thing known as showman's rights where some can tow multiple trailers? 

Yes, there is, but I think that the boat and caravan should be reversed as I think the caravan is going to be heavier than the boat and will be able to assert some influence over the boat in its current configuration. 

• Like 1

Here in France I once saw a sight which made me do a double take, I was driving on an elevated section of an urban autoroute and passing over a roundabout underneath, a commercial vehicle was towing a string of 15 or 20 identical goods trailers nose to tail and taking up more than half of the roundabout.

I was past the scene very quickly and could only speculate on what was going on, I reckon it was the manufacturer moving them between production sites or perhaps from the factory to the distribution centre or sales site, it could only have been from one side of the roundabout to the other, it was an industrial area.

The thought of the ensemble going on a long journey, taking a wrong turn and having to do a U turn does not bear thinking about!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Dont get it

You need to be a fan of journey (usa rock band) thier big hit was dont stop believing 👍

which became a resurgent hit again a few years ago, i think because of "Glee" using it in an episode. but also an Irish radio host started playing it almost daily and drove it up to no 1, so every dj had to play it everyday... i cant stand the song as a result of the months of over play 🙄

• Like 1

On 13/02/2024 at 00:02, MikeTheThinker said:

Plugus interruptus ...

lfakeoutletairport.png.74cd7f4e9eab78c400c19f9bffb802ab.png

That's taking wireless tech just a bit too far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1