Karoq software update. Progress report.

JakeB1941

When is a Recall or Recall-Action not a Recall ?,

when VW Group do them and they are 'Service Campaigns / Skoda Secret Service recall actions that you need to do the finding out about as Skoda are not contacting you.

Just pathetic that,

People need to get Un-official stuff from various places rather than given the info from the Manufcturers / Main Agents / Importers.

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 08.30.36.png

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 09.08.41.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

It's  now quite obvious that all this maneuvering by VAG is 'damage limitation' recalls applying only to the lowest volume of engines affected by manufacturing date and 'software maintenance' to the other thousands and thousands of earlier production engines. 

Disgraceful treatment of customers.

😫😫😫

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JakeB1941 said:

It's  now quite obvious that all this maneuvering by VAG is 'damage limitation' recalls applying only to the lowest volume of engines affected by manufacturing date and 'software maintenance' to the other thousands and thousands of earlier production engines. 

Disgraceful treatment of customers.

😫😫😫

Hmmm not sure there is a difference in approach the software maintenance is for all?

Maybe I am missing something?

?

Is there a software update available for all vehicles with issues then?

If so, it is,

Forall that are putting a car into a Main Dealership for Servicing where they might be informed.

But seeing as a car is in Warranty get booked in without and extra service expense required.   Recall Actions.

Makes you wonder!

What about people who have had a service before the updates are released? They will  not know of the availability unless the dealer contacts them, what a shambles this whole debacle is.

Anyway, I'm going on a 600 mile round trip this weekend so I should finally be able to judge the success of the second update!!

3 hours ago, MJ1 said:

Hmmm not sure there is a difference in approach the software maintenance is for all?

Maybe I am missing something?

Yes I agree but it appears some (new) owners are getting the update via a recall notice and are therefore well informed.

Hi,

Ok I understand where you are coming from.

Yes would be nice to be treated the same. I will no doubt be offered the fix at my next service...

• Like 1

I've just joined this forum today to try and find out if there is a software update available for our Karoq, and it seems there is! I took it in to the dealers several months ago for the update ,( after badgering them for months) and they "messed about " with it for a couple of hours, only to tell me it didn't work. I'm hoping the current software will do the trick, and I will be on the phone first thing in the morning to book the car in , and to ask why I wasn't informed. My MIL's Audi A3 was fixed several months ago, after they called her to say it needed to come in, why haven't Skoda done this? 

Skoda's reactive approach hasn't worked for us, as we've had 18 months of driving with this fault, and we've both fallen out of love with the Karoq. When the lease ends next year, it will be our first and last foray into the Skoda brand.

Did you speak with Skoda Support UK?

Most that went this route seemed to have a more positive result as they contact the dealer for you.

Having said that I think a lot of us will not be dealing with  Skoda or indeed the VAG group as a whole ever again after this debacle!

To be honest it's my wife's car and I barely use it, but I had it for a couple of days last week and it reminded me that I need to sort it. I've only dealt with the dealership but if I don't get any joy tomorrow, Skoda UK will be getting a call.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed slight returning of rooing? Not as pronounced as before but leaving car in cold morning in first definitly kangooroos cca 3 times. Also slightly noticeable in driving off. Not as smooth as upon update. Did cca 4k km in about a month. 

2nd gear issue solved perfectly though. 

Yes that was my experience today. I have been getting a slight 'jump' when setting off but I have to say that if there had not been the 2nd gear issue and the pronounced  kangaroo from purchase I think I would have hardly noticed the current state of affairs, that is of course if it does not get any worse! Will have to reserve judgement and see the outcome when the weather gets very cold.

For me it has also returned but it's different. It's definitely jumping not as often, not as bad and not as many consecutive times as before. Now it mainly happens when trying to drive slowly in a queue rather when trying to accelerate. However I can feel that it's still there most of the time but only very faintly. 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s the much mentioned 600 mile period where the ECU adjusts to your style of driving after having the update? Could be the adjustments it makes are negating elements of the fix.

2 hours ago, JakeB1941 said:

Did you speak with Skoda Support UK?

Most that went this route seemed to have a more positive result as they contact the dealer for you.

Having said that I think a lot of us will not be dealing with  Skoda or indeed the VAG group as a whole ever again after this debacle!

+1

• Like 1

I had the 24EV A-Engine recall on my '19 reg Karoq SEL 1.5 on 1.10.19. I still have a kangaroo, not quite as bad as it was and the car still doesn't pick up in 2nd gear as it should. The dealership promised me it would be better (not willing to put it on paper) & that I would notice an immediate improvement. They also told me that the software I have now is the same as in new builds.

I notice a lot of kangarooing on my DSG, mostly from D3.  I never considered there may be a software upgrade available, but ill be off to ask about it tomorrow.  It drives me round the bend!  Always slow speeds, sub 20mph, and happens regardless of whether the engine is hot or cold.  Sounds like a fuelling (mapping) issue?

My second update (24EU) was applied on 20/09/19; the car was exactly a year old and had done 7,362 miles. The car has now covered a further 414 miles. My initial observations were that there had been a considerable improvement re the kangarooing, say up to about 350 miles; the car than stood for 8-10 days or so without being used. On Tuesday evening, when another car to my left stopped to allow me out of a junction onto a main road ....... the Karoq stuttered and died. By the time that we had got going again, more traffic was approaching from the right - brown trouser time again, like in the bad old days before update 1. It performed a similar act next morning but fortunately there was no other traffic around. At best, this is embarrassing, at worst it is incredibly dangerous. The kangaroo has also returned, though at the moment, this is perhaps not as marked as before.

I have been ludicrously patient with Skoda because, at its heart, the Karoq is a design that perfectly suits my needs but when I read that VWG is claiming that the issue only affects a small number of cars produced in May/June 2019, then I know the LIARS that I am dealing with. In an earlier post, the situation was referred to as a 'debacle' - that is exactly the right word and I am amazed that the main stream media hasn't got its teeth into the story ....... are they all terrified of VWG?

At the weekend, I have to cover a few hundred more miles with 4 other members of my family ..... wish me luck. I'll let you know how I get on.

Edited by StEdmund
missed a bit out