MY20 - Karoq changes

Arkaig

45 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Thanks for the update. Pleased to see the Kessy is to get the motion sensor. Another security vulnerability dealt with, hopefully.

I wonder if they'll be an update to all existing KESSY keys or at least an option to the customer to get or purchase at a discounted rate! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, granty09 said:

I wonder if they'll be an update to all existing KESSY keys or at least an option to the customer to get or purchase at a discounted rate! 

That would be good. For peace of mind, I could see that being popular.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

Thanks for the update. Pleased to see the Kessy is to get the motion sensor. Another security vulnerability dealt with, hopefully.

Kessy Is easy to disable anyway (lock with fob then touch sensor within 5 seconds). Surely this is just window dressing for the ignorant press who didn’t read the manual. 

Tom  

• Haha 1

I doubt anyone within VAG, particularly Skoda would have the brain power/knowledge to retrofit a motion sensor into existing KESSY key fobs, even less so the inclination to assist existing owners.

• Like 1

Knowing that the coolant has been consumed by my 2.0 TDI and that the coolant pump broke, I'm wondering if these problems are the reason they changed the following:

coolant change 
- Change in coolant G13 to G12evo 
- Change in coolant tank: always without silicate 
- Current: E288 / E888 engines silicate EA211 without silicate

Wait a second, so before MY20 there was no coasting function in Eco mode with DSG? I was quite confident that there is one (don't have this car myself yet though).

3 minutes ago, antonv said:

Wait a second, so before MY20 there was no coasting function in Eco mode with DSG? I was quite confident that there is one (don't have this car myself yet though).

My MY19 1.5 SE L DSG has the coasting function in Eco mode. I mainly drive in eco so haven't tested to see if the coasting function works in normal mode! 

My 2.0 TDi 4x4 DSG Edition in Eco shows the ECO Logo with an arrow around it when coasting.. but this is only when ECO mode is selected - Normal mode does not show this.

Does not show the words coasting

So also do not understand the change... unless its just the addition of the words coasting..

Edited by SimonAudi

5 hours ago, Skoffski said:

& does not indicate which gear it is in because it is not in a gear unless you touch the brake or the accelerator.  So just 'D'.

Coasting-Function-ON-on-display-YSK_0728.jpg.8f101451c1a76bc7659ac1451cc9c483.jpg.2c462952620f98529e7dd6fdd6da3be3.jpg

I've only noticed mine coasting when in Eco mode. Instead of showing D it shows E. 

Tom

Edited by Sanqhar

6 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

SKODA lettering on the tailgate, more like the ATECA then :wondering:

It's going to look exactly like on Kamiq, which I think is quite nice. My car got manufactured last week and I wish they applied some MY20 changes to it already :) I'll check but very unlikely, maybe some software only.

Speaking about the key with retransmission protection. Never heard of this idea and I think it's very smart. It doesn't solve the supermarket-time robbery issue, which I've seen people in Russia solved many years ago with Toyota/Lexus by adjusting the time requirements for the key signal: if the key is too far it takes more time for the signal to reach the receiver, but cars with keyless have very long timeouts, so you can retransmit pretty much for kilometers away. By setting very short timeout it won't work if the signal is more than 5 meters away, despite being retransmitted, but I believe the other side here that potentially in a signal-noisy environment keyless may not work if timeout is too short.

I believe it should be possible for the current owners to order updated keys for their cars. From other topics I can see that the price for a new key is about 150 EUR.

Edited by antonv
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 21:23, antonv said:

Interestingly enough I drove a new golf 1.5 TSi DSG today, had it in individual mode (steering in Sport, engine in Normal) and it coasted, even cut the engine out completely st some points when coasting (rev counter dropped to zero), didn't have to have it in Eco mode and managed a ver impressive 64.9mpg !!!

On 25/04/2019 at 15:40, Panther_uk said:

and it coasted, even cut the engine out completely st some points when coasting (rev counter dropped to zero),

Interesting but I wonder how the brake servo vacuum is maintained when the engine cuts out?

Edited by bigjohn

On 24/04/2019 at 23:06, antonv said:

It's going to look exactly like on Kamiq, which I think is quite nice. My car got manufactured last week and I wish they applied some MY20 changes to it already :) I'll check but very unlikely, maybe some software only.

MY19 last production week 27, MY20 first production week 28.

So your car is just MY19b/MY19-2, started 2018.

• Thanks 1

On 26/04/2019 at 22:23, bigjohn said:

Interesting but I wonder how the brake servo vacuum is maintained when the engine cuts out?

Don't know how they handle it on a Golf, but I used to have 1.6 diesel manual Citroen DS3 from 2013 and it was turning off the engine while in neutral at speed around 15 and keeping it off up to 30km/h! The car was braking and steering fine, but if you used the brakes a few times the engine would start, it was monitoring the pressure in the braking system going low.

After the Citroen I had 2015 Audi A3 2.0TDI manual quattro and that one was not as smart unfortunately, turning off the engine only after complete stop, made me write a blog post about French diesels being better than German back in the days :)

• Like 1